Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm not particular taken with Goofy or Mickeys Easter Outfits. I bought Plutos but I won't buy Minnies. Is it worth using the fabric or would I be better holding onto it for future possible outfits? I know sometimes there is a particular task they can only do with that outfit but I'm not sure that alone is worth it?

I seemed to collect the fabric pretty quickly, so I got Goofys Easter outfit. I left him in the costume shop for several days while I continued to collect fabrics. Hope they will come in handy on a future outfit.

I got Mickey's outfit first!

You guys aren't much help. lol Mackado323 had awesome luck, UmmYeahOk, not so much. Here's an idea, so if I use all the gems that I have now, that would stink. But if an update comes and I need to buy a character, the special offer will probably be less than $9.99, right? So I think the smart thing would be to use the gems I have and maybe spend real money later. . . . But what if I still don't get the characters?!?! Then I wasted all my gems for decorations! Aaahhh, this is killing me! Am I insane to think that I'd rather gamble with $10 in real money than imaginary gems in a dumb game? :crazy2:
I guess what really gets me is that Hans is even available through the chests. I understand Sven & other things that were originally only available for purchase with gems. But the main part of this game is doing the tasks & collecting the tokens. They're robbing us of that joy & basically forcing us to spend $. I guess I learned my lesson though - spend $5 or so during the event instead of $10 later for a chance for the character. :-(

I thought I read somewhere that there was a joint mission/task for Hans and Gaston. Is that really a thing? Or was I just hallucinating?

I know that none of the other characters cross the movie boundary and associate with characters outside their movies, so I though that was strange. But, it would be cool if they did...

I seemed to collect the fabric pretty quickly, so I got Goofys Easter outfit. I left him in the costume shop for several days while I continued to collect fabrics. Hope they will come in handy on a future outfit.

I got Mickey's outfit first!
They just did a promotion for 6 fabrics for $.99 and it said in the corner that they help with the Halloween costumes, if you don't have all of those.

Spent 180 gems, got 2 ice cream concessions (which hey, I didn't have before) and then Sven!!! The only character I was missing. I'm sorry others haven't had as good luck. :(

I guess what really gets me is that Hans is even available through the chests. I understand Sven & other things that were originally only available for purchase with gems. But the main part of this game is doing the tasks & collecting the tokens. They're robbing us of that joy & basically forcing us to spend $. I guess I learned my lesson though - spend $5 or so during the event instead of $10 later for a chance for the character. :-(

Has anyone here been able to get every single character WITHOUT spending any gems? WITHOUT setting up timers? I play several time a day every day since day one and while I have not spent a single dime on the game, I will spend gems collected on premium characters as soon as they're available in order to complete tasks on time. I have yet to unlock a single villian this way. So in my mind, the event quests are designed to make you spend $$$. When they started throwing in two premium characters during the events, I just buy the first one and know that'll I'll just be missing out on the rest. I play knowing that there is no way to complete the quest line.

BUT when they offer the opportunity to get them in the chests, then you have a chance to get them without spending money, as 60 gems is easy to earn if you watch every single ad available in the theater, level up players, even earning through daily rewards. Plus the chests offer up the opportunity for newer players to get characters they missed out on. I didn't think enough time had gone by for Frozen, but I guess Nightmare was the last one, with Incredibles being done several times.

Don't bother doing it. I spent $9.99 on the special and got NO characters. I even got 2 of the snow globes. WHat a waste of money.

They just did a promotion for 6 fabrics for $.99 and it said in the corner that they help with the Halloween costumes, if you don't have all of those.

I am missing Mickey's Halloween and Minnie's Christmas outfit. But they are not available for me to craft. Hopefully they will release them again as each of the respective holidays come around again.

I managed to get Goofy's Halloween costume from a Nightmare before Christmas legendary chest. I didn't have to collect fabric to make it at that point.

What a waste. I did the 9.99 frozen offer and did not get any characters. I got the ice rink, the troll knoll, 2 of the snow globes and the Olaf sand sculpture. I was so pissed.

Then I spent 60 gems on a chest and got Anna. I should've Just saved my money and bought one chest using gems.

Thankfully I had a $10 iTunes gift card so I didn't lose any real money, but still... they couldn't give me at least 1 freakin character out to of 5 chests? And I feel like they shouldn't give you duplicates of things if you buy the package. It doesn't seem fair. I didn't play the game when the frozen event was happening so I dont have any of the characters. The only ones I wanted were Anna and elsa, so at least I got one of them. But I'm still upset I should've saved my money and just used my gems on 1 chest.

Last edited:
Am I the only one having a ridiculous amount of trouble getting the blue fabrics to fall for Easter Mickey? I've only gotten 3 out of the required 5 and I've been sending Sully and Flynn around the clock. I also have Haunted Mansion but of course that hasn't dropped anything either. Is it just me?
I had a really hard time getting the blue and white fabrics too. I also have the haunted mansion. I'm always at 99% happiness and I collected from the mansion every 4 hours for 2 days before I was successful in getting it to drop fabric. So much that I emailed customer service and was like why isn't this dropping fabric?? Their response was "the fabric is rare, but it would help if your happiness is full." I was like thanks for telling me what I already know lol. But once it dropped the first fabric, it dropped again the next time I collected. The mansion ended up producing 4/5 fabrics that I needed for mickey'S costume and the last one i got from Flynn.

I had a really hard time getting the blue and white fabrics too. I also have the haunted mansion. I'm always at 99% happiness and I collected from the mansion every 4 hours for 2 days before I was successful in getting it to drop fabric. So much that I emailed customer service and was like why isn't this dropping fabric?? Their response was "the fabric is rare, but it would help if your happiness is full." I was like thanks for telling me what I already know lol. But once it dropped the first fabric, it dropped again the next time I collected. The mansion ended up producing 4/5 fabrics that I needed for mickey'S costume and the last one i got from Flynn.
I ended up having to get two of them from Merlin's shop.

I wasn't playing during the Frozen event, and I am a sucker for a sale. I paid $9.99 for five chests and the float. I got Hans, the skating rink, Elsa, the ice cream stand and the hot chocolate stand. Pretty good, since I didn't have any of it. Next, I spent 60 gems on a chest, hoping for another character - got a sand sculpture. I then caved on the second offer, which was six chests for $9.99. Those results were ok, but not great. I got the Ice Palace, Olaf, another Sand Sculpture, a second ice cream stand, Kristoff, and the Troll Knoll. Lastly, I bought another chest with gems and got Wandering Oaken's.

All in all, $20 and 120 gems for most of the Frozen stuff. I do occasionally spend money on the game, and I really wanted the Frozen characters and buildings, so I'm not unhappy with my purchases. I might buy a few more chests with gems to try and get Anna and Sven... but I'm going to try and wait till a little closer to the end of the offer, just to make sure it's worth it to me.

I'm still upset I should've saved my money and just used my gems on 1 chest.

That's not how it works though. It's all about odds. A chest has the same odds whether you paid real money or earned gems. So, if you had saved that iTunes card and just bought the one chest, you still most likely would not have gotten Anna at all.

But I agree with you. Doesn't seem fair at all. I think that if there really are people out there willing to spend $10 for a digital character with limited game play, for a game that might not even be around in a year or two (VMK anyone?), then they should have it. Gameloft should consider possibly running that kind of promotion. At least once, to see if it's profitable. "Pay $X for X character and get X gems free" Because the current probability offer borders along the lines of gambling, which for a game that has a large child fan base, isn't very "Disney."

So you don't think Hans should be available in the chests? How are they forcing you to spend money?

I have only spent $3 on this game. I believe that was for the Frozen float and some event currency. I have been able to get all the villains except the Incredibles. I still don't have all the non event gem characters but I have been able to use gems for the premium event characters without spending money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter