Disney Magic Kingdoms

So the only way to get Donald's hat is w/ platinum chests or gems? That's going to be interesting. I just spent all my gems on btb event and then I spent all the ones I've earned since on frozen chests. I got the ice palace, snow cone place or ice cream, the trolls thing and Hans. The only way to upgrade him is through chests. Oh and Anna. She was no help w/ Hans though.

No, there are a bunch of characters who can get Donald's hat - Pluto, Chip & Dale, Daisy, Minnie, and Pete. Those are all level 7-8 tasks except for Chip & Dale.

So the only way to get Donald's hat is w/ platinum chests or gems? That's going to be interesting. I just spent all my gems on btb event and then I spent all the ones I've earned since on frozen chests. I got the ice palace, snow cone place or ice cream, the trolls thing and Hans. The only way to upgrade him is through chests. Oh and Anna. She was no help w/ Hans though.

Level up your other characters. Many of them will help you

No, there are a bunch of characters who can get Donald's hat - Pluto, Chip & Dale, Daisy, Minnie, and Pete. Those are all level 7-8 tasks except for Chip & Dale.

Level up your other characters. Many of them will help you

Thanks! I didn't realize I needed to level them up. Everyone was ready to level up then the Easter costumes hit. I wanted them all ready to go then was going to open my gold and platinum chests. I specifically waited for that so I didn't waste them on fabric or ear hats. Then I got Hans and that's the only way to level him up. Then I got welcome Zurg and then Donald. Oh and I had them all leveled up 1st for the BtB event. I pretty much neglected them during the event. I am
now trying to level them up to get gems for Frozen stuff.

How's everyone doing with the brooms? Me not so great as I think the incentive isn't that great so I haven't been paying much attention to it. Basically I have two characters to level up as Gaston is on Level 9 and Hans is on Level 6. So right now the game is rather boring for me.

How's everyone doing with the brooms? Me not so great as I think the incentive isn't that great so I haven't been paying much attention to it. Basically I have two characters to level up as Gaston is on Level 9 and Hans is on Level 6. So right now the game is rather boring for me.

Not well, one of my worst events to date, and I don't care. :rotfl2:

I agree, the insentive aren't worth the time. I do one quick look thu my kingdom and whatever brooms I find I'm one with. As long as I get my 3 gems I'm fine.

Last edited:

Your talking about the second, of the three pedestals, right? If so, yes it is definitely worth it. We'll help your earn more happiness, magic and items. The items you don't need can then be used in the cauldron, and help you earn elixir. Make enough and you should be able to buy some much needed items, buildings, etc.

I ended up spending $20 and was able to get the whole entire frozen collection of characters, plus the float and all of the buildings and decorations. The only decoration I didn't get was the hot chocolate concession but I literally got everything else after spending $20 (bare in mind that I didn't play during the frozen event so I had none of the characters or buildings or decorations prior to the legendary chests being available last week). I was kinda hesitant about spending money in this game, but I had some iTunes money left over during the batb event and got the chip + be our guest package. I figure if there's something I really want then why not. I'm a big Disney princess fan so events like beauty and the beast, mulan and frozen are more important to me than like the incredibles or something. I will probably never own the incredibles characters or the nightmare before Christmas, because I'd rather spend money on the ones I actually like. I also haven't spent any gems yet on the characters that are in the permanent collection such as captain jack, boo, Pluto, wall-e. Some of them cost a ridiculous amount of gems. The only one I really have my eye on is merryweather the fairy, because again I am a fan of the princess storylines and she's from sleeping beauty. Either her or Maximus from tangled but he is the most expensive one of all... he costs over 500 gems.

I also really want the mad tea cups ride but I'm trying to hold off on spending gems on it in hopes that I will get it in a platinum chest. So far I've been lucky.. I don't get platinum chests often but when I do I typically get something nice. I've gotten the tower of terror, the sea serpent swing, and the fantasia gardens

Last edited:
What event would you like magic kingdoms to do next? I know the new pirates movie is coming out soon but they already have those characters. I would like to see Aladdin or Alice in wonderland. It would be cool to have the little mermaid but I don't know how they would incorporate under water characters

What event would you like magic kingdoms to do next? I know the new pirates movie is coming out soon but they already have those characters. I would like to see Aladdin or Alice in wonderland. It would be cool to have the little mermaid but I don't know how they would incorporate under water characters
Would love to see lion king or Aladdin... Jungle book too

I ended up spending $20 and was able to get the whole entire frozen collection of characters, plus the float and all of the buildings and decorations. The only decoration I didn't get was the hot chocolate concession but I literally got everything else after spending $20 (bare in mind that I didn't play during the frozen event so I had none of the characters or buildings or decorations prior to the legendary chests being available last week). I was kinda hesitant about spending money in this game, but I had some iTunes money left over during the batb event and got the chip + be our guest package. I figure if there's something I really want then why not. I'm a big Disney princess fan so events like beauty and the beast, mulan and frozen are more important to me than like the incredibles or something. I will probably never own the incredibles characters or the nightmare before Christmas, because I'd rather spend money on the ones I actually like. I also haven't spent any gems yet on the characters that are in the permanent collection such as captain jack, boo, Pluto, wall-e. Some of them cost a ridiculous amount of gems. The only one I really have my eye on is merryweather the fairy, because again I am a fan of the princess storylines and she's from sleeping beauty. Either her or Maximus from tangled but he is the most expensive one of all... he costs over 500 gems.

I also really want the mad tea cups ride but I'm trying to hold off on spending gems on it in hopes that I will get it in a platinum chest. So far I've been lucky.. I don't get platinum chests often but when I do I typically get something nice. I've gotten the tower of terror, the sea serpent swing, and the fantasia gardens
Good idea for getting characters you like. If you purchase pluto, get his dog house too. Pluto has a lot of useful tasks when you get him leveled up. Especially collecting Donald Duck tokens.

Any idea of when the next update will be released?? I have all my characters leveled up to 10 and am at the "end" I am thoroughly enjoying not sending characters on tasks, only granting wishes and doing chests - but I don't have Maximus and I just got a promo for him. I am wondering if it's worth it now to start him.

I somehow ended up in the top 3 in the broom event and received a platinum chest -- yeah! I opened it up and received another antler crown topiary -- aw crud!

I think all topiaries should be banned from the chests. But at least I didn't have to wait 24 hours to open the platinum chest.

Any idea of when the next update will be released?? I have all my characters leveled up to 10 and am at the "end" I am thoroughly enjoying not sending characters on tasks, only granting wishes and doing chests - but I don't have Maximus and I just got a promo for him. I am wondering if it's worth it now to start him.
It seems to take them a few months between events, which is a good pace. Even though many of us are done, they can't keep filling our boards with characters and buildings, otherwise they'll run out of space until they decide (if ever) to expand the entire game. So they do need to pace themselves. Guess we'll just have to wait. And wait.

Updates come almost monthly, with last month's coming on the 11th and March's coming on the 8th, so it's possible we'll see one coming this week. What is included in these updates though, who knows. January's and March's were to introduce events, while April's was just a lot of "busy work" content, so if there is a May update it might not be anything big. Personally, I don't think we'll see anything substantial until June or July (either with a Pirates 5 update or just a general Summer event, kind of like the New Years one) but I really don't have anything to base it on. At this point I just want them to open up the rest of Fantasyland, maybe with one or two additional IPs to put in there. Little Mermaid and Aladdin would make sense, since they already have rides with no characters, but Aladdin is more of an Adventureland IP.

I'd be fine with them holding off for a month or two longer if we got a significant update - more land and more actual story (not Chipmunks or Pirates update - which didn't really move the story at all).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter