• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I started collecting this morning, I did get lucky by having a couple tasks almost finished when Jafar was unlocked.
I've got 4 staffs and 5 ear hats. Drop rate is okaaaaay but not great for me. Hoping to have it wrapped up by Friday morning.

That is lousy. I am really sorry. I would be disappointed as well. I don't know if you've ever spent money, but I'd be inclined to tell them I wouldn't be spending anymore.:sad2:

My DD didn't get the bonus gems, etc either. It doesn't seem like they were consistent in the compensation allocation this time. >:( Not good business.
Thank you :/ and I have only ever spent money on this game in the very beginning (didn't know they would continue it throughout, silly me), so that might turn into never spending anything now.
And I'm sorry that others didn't get it either. I agree that they were inconsistent. Maybe before throwing out more events, they should work on the glitches they knew would happen when expanding the game but yet again, all they want is more money from people.

So I've really been slacking during this event. I live in southwestern Louisiana and have had to evacuate from my home during hurricane Harvey. But I still got on at least once a day. I haven't even been on here since 8/23 and I think that was the day of or the day after the event started, and I'm not reading through those 20 pages between then and now. So here is my progress I only have like 35k in event currency. I've kinda sort of worked at leveling up characters to get iago. I. Currently at 218 gems so hopefully can welcome him before event ends. I'm having the worst luck on fabric drops for jasmine and aladdins outfits. I already have jasmines just waiting for Aladdin. So how many tasks between getting aladdins outfit and welcoming jafar? Which really I don't think I would want his creepy self lurking around my park but it's better than seeing his blacked out figure sitting in my characters list.
Hope you are doing okay! So sorry you had to evacuate your home :( but you go on keeping up with the game!!

Hope you get all of your fabric this morning. You and I have been neck and neck this entire event. I won't have my characters at level 9 either. I stopped leveling up the characters at 6 to save up currency for the end event currency transfer to gems. Hopefully that won't work against us too much. Good luck!!!!!

Aladdin has 30 minutes until his costume unlocks! Then I'll start the 12 hr quest and hopefully can catch up to get Jafar in the end. I may be pushing it come the deadline.....fingers crossed!! :)

Just a "What If" for a scenario here...

What if I get all of the items for Jafar and start the unlocking process of him (it takes 60 minutes) and there is only 45 minutes left of the event on the last day.....will I still be able to unlock him or not? Would I have to use gems to try and just finish it before the timer runs out? Haven't been in this type of crunch time in an event yet, so I'm trying to plan ahead a bit haha! Thx!

Last edited:

What if I get all of the items for Jafar and start the unlocking process of him (it takes 60 minutes) and there is only 45 minutes left of the event on the last day.....will I still be able to unlock him or not? Would I have to use gems to try and just finish it before the timer runs out? Haven't been in this type of crunch time in an event yet, so I'm trying to plan ahead a bit haha! Thx!

I don't think it should be a problem, but I wouldn't worry about it, you should finish earlier than that.

I started collecting 16-18 hours ago and have 8 staffs and 5 hats collected already. I have, and play my game on two devices, and take advantage of that. It gets a little tricky but when I'm ready to collect on Jafar jobs I make sure both devices are synced progress/time wise. I collect jobs on one and see what I got, collect jobs on the other device and whichever one does better I continue collecting/assigning jobs on that device. Then I force quit and relaunch the game forcing it to BU to the cloud. I believe it has gotten me 2 or 3 additional items.

Once you've started to welcome him, it doesn't matter if the event ends, you will still get Jafar. But you must start welcoming him before the event ends.

How many gems would be required to just "buy" him, and bypass the remaining fabric pieces and the countdown clock?

It would have been 54 gems to bypass the fabric. I was seriously considering this option but then finally the last two dropped. It took me almost 24 hours to get 2 pieces of fabric.

Jasmine and Aladdin finished their 12 hour quest and I'm now collecting for Jafar. 4 staff and 1 hat. It's going to be a slow process but I should finish in time.

I seem to have better luck with the hats for Jafar.
I have 9 hats but only 5 staff so far. Hoping to get the last hat from the next round of quests so I can concentrate on staffs!

So, if you are actively collecting for Jafar, there's not a single character left who can get dustpans. Thanks so much for that brilliant design Gameloft. :mad:

Totally agree with you on this one! I stopped sending for sweeps since I am in the top 10 on my leaderboard. I don't want to have to many sweeps and lose some. I may try to collect some dustpans if I can today and turn them in for lamps.

Still at 4 hats and now 2 hats. This is definitely going to be a slow process. Sitting on almost 97,000 event currency. I would love to get Jafar and get maximum gem payout upon completion of the event but it's not a top priority. Getting Jafar is all I'm really focusing on.

I'm doing about equal with Hats and Staffs, which is funny considering I'm trying to get the Hats more (at this point). It seems like players have to prioritize whether they want to get Hats or Staffs first, and then switch to the other. Genie, Carpet and Jasmine are all able to collect Hats or Staffs, but you either have to try for two Staffs or two Hats based on the task requirements. I opted to start with Hats because those are 4 hours tasks. If I have to, I can use gems to speed up the tasks towards the end of the event, but I figured it's "cheaper" to speed up 2 hour tasks than 4 hour tasks.

Staffs:
Genie+Carpet (2 hr)
Iago+Jasmine (2 hr)

Hats:
Carpet+Jasmine (4 hr)
Genie (4 hr)

I don't think I have many characters that are going to be able to get the Jafar items (other than the Aladdin characters) So hopefully I can get goood drop rates. I haven't unlocked Minnie yet or anyone after that. Just got to day 57 of playing so almost to 60. Haha

Seem to be on track for Jafar, I have all the lamps, currency and staffs, just working on hats. So hopefully sometime Friday I can welcome him. I was worried there but I think I'll make it!

I don't think it should be a problem, but I wouldn't worry about it, you should finish earlier than that.

I started collecting 16-18 hours ago and have 8 staffs and 5 hats collected already. I have, and play my game on two devices, and take advantage of that. It gets a little tricky but when I'm ready to collect on Jafar jobs I make sure both devices are synced progress/time wise. I collect jobs on one and see what I got, collect jobs on the other device and whichever one does better I continue collecting/assigning jobs on that device. Then I force quit and relaunch the game forcing it to BU to the cloud. I believe it has gotten me 2 or 3 additional items.
So do you have to use airplane mode to do this? I'm a bit confused as to how to do this. My drop rates aren't that great and I only have 3 total quests to get both items as I've only played the game since just before LK event.

Last edited:
Ughhh since 8 hrs now in one hat away from welcoming jafar but all my characters are not dropping that one hat...was having an amazing drop rate previously!

So do you have to use airplane mode to do this? I'm a bit confused as to how to do this. My drop rates aren't that great and I only have 3 total quests to get both items as I've only played the fame since just before LK event.

You could do it in airport mode, but for what I'm doing, you don't need to. Basically I'm giving myself 2 shots at collecting and chosing which one gives me better results. Have only done the airport technique once and refuse to take the risk of deleting the app.

So here is what I do when I'm ready to collect jobs that give Jafar rewards, and I hope this makes sense. Also it does require 2 devices.
  1. Launch the app on device 1, then force quit and relaunch it. The reason for doing this is it saves the game to the cloud.
  2. Open the game on the second device, and you should get the option of chosing, the local or cloud version. Choose the cloud version, but check the save time to verify it's up to date.
  3. Go back to device 1 and collect the jobs
  4. Go back to device 2 and collect the jobs
  5. Whichever device gave you the better results. Force quit the app and relaunch it. This should force the app to upload that version to the could.
The reality is, the chances are that you will end up with the same results, but it does increase your chances of pulling additional items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter