Disney Magic Kingdoms

I don't think I have many characters that are going to be able to get the Jafar items (other than the Aladdin characters) So hopefully I can get goood drop rates. I haven't unlocked Minnie yet or anyone after that. Just got to day 57 of playing so almost to 60. Haha
I'm about a month further along than you are. Mickey and Minnie have a joint quest for Jafar's ear hat so you won't be able to do that. I only have 3 quests to get both of his items and they don't drop often for me. I only got 2 items out of 12 4 hr quests.

Last edited:
I hope that the folks using airplane mode or multiple devices to effectively re-run portions of the game for more favorable outcomes (for token drops, parade gems, or chest openings) don't end up banned for cheating. All Gameloft would have to do for some of these cases is run statistical reports that would highlight exactly whose games are falling way outside of expected norms. Just be aware that being banned from the game is a possible outcome if you choose to use these methods, though I cannot say anything about the likelihood of that actually happening.

You could do it in airport mode, but for what I'm doing, you don't need to. Basically I'm giving myself 2 shots at collecting and chosing which one gives me better results. Have only done the airport technique once and refuse to take the risk of deleting the app.

So here is what I do when I'm ready to collect jobs that give Jafar rewards, and I hope this makes sense. Also it does require 2 devices.
  1. Launch the app on device 1, then force quit and relaunch it. The reason for doing this is it saves the game to the cloud.
  2. Open the game on the second device, and you should get the option of chosing, the local or cloud version. Choose the cloud version, but check the save time to verify it's up to date.
  3. Go back to device 1 and collect the jobs
  4. Go back to device 2 and collect the jobs
  5. Whichever device gave you the better results. Force quit the app and relaunch it. This should force the app to upload that version to the could.
The reality is, the chances are that you will end up with the same results, but it does increase your chances of pulling additional items.

Thanks for that information. That's basically what I did but I used airplane mode and I didn't delete the app either, as being a victim of the lost progress during this event I don't want to chance that. When I tried this using airplane mode, and on the device I wanted to keep the results, I switched it to wifi and then resent my characters off but when I closed the app and then opened it on my other device a few characters weren't sent off so the cloud save was behind a min or so.

So basically I think you're saying that you use the same cloud saved version and collect jobs. So for the device that gave me the ones I want to keep do I continue to play on that one and it will save and close the other app/device?

I hope that the folks using airplane mode or multiple devices to effectively re-run portions of the game for more favorable outcomes (for token drops, parade gems, or chest openings) don't end up banned for cheating. All Gameloft would have to do for some of these cases is run statistical reports that would highlight exactly whose games are falling way outside of expected norms. Just be aware that being banned from the game is a possible outcome if you choose to use these methods, though I cannot say anything about the likelihood of that actually happening.

I hope we don't either. :rotfl2:

To be honest though, this is something that I rarely do. The only time I ever did this before now was to get The Zootopia Race Track, since that was the only attraction I was missing in the game. I would have gladly bought it with gems, or possibly cash if that had been an option. Also, when I did it, I already had all the characters that it had items for collected, so I didn't even benefit from it :confused3

As far as this event goes, I probably wouldn't have used this technique if the fabric percentages, at least in my case, weren't broken. My drop rate for the fabrics, which were labeled as uncommon, was 20% at best. I know I'm probably looking for excuses to justify my decision, but I figure I'm just marking up for the day I lost because the developers screwed up the fabric drop rates for many :thumbsup2

Only 1 staff to go for Jafar! Next chance in about 10 minutes. If not then, will have to wait for the next round of quests to complete. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Update: no such luck. A few more hours of waiting!

Last edited:
So basically I think you're saying that you use the same cloud saved version and collect jobs. So for the device that gave me the ones I want to keep do I continue to play on that one and it will save and close the other app/device?

Exactly, and if you want to use the other device make sure, the other version is uploaded to the cloud and load that version. Basically that's how I, and I'm sure others multiple device handle it. In my case I use my iPad whenever I'm playing at home and make sure I have that version on my phone whenever I'm away from home.

Also, I think @Pheran made a very good point that anyone doing this is risking getting banned from the game.

I was having amazing drop rates until yesterday at lunch. Since then I have had zero items drop and am sitting at 10 staffs and 7 hats for Jafar

Same boat for me, just one staff away. Just went through yet another round of five potential drops, and nothing. Good thing we have almost six days I guess.

I only need 4 more hats for Jafar and I am really hoping that I can get them all in this cycle of sending people out (they have about 2hrs left). I'm not in any rush on welcoming Jafar though, I want to try to collect as much currency as I can. I only have 56K and Jafar is really going to kill my chances at a high gem profit.

I'm not sure how they could know. All the server should be seeing is a query to retrieve a game save, probably the same one that the game sends when it's "Loading" and "Checking Content" every time you open the app.

Still 2 hats away from welcoming Jafar. I'm hoping to level him tonight, but realistically it will be tomorrow. Currently at 94K, so it should be around 60K currency after I welcome him.

I usually get to 80K before the event ends for the 40 gems, but I think I'm rethinking that approach. If it comes down to 40 gems of being able to level a few additional characters I think I'm going with the characters. Basically, your looking at the cost of leveling a character an additional 1 or two 2 gems. I think that's a fairly good investment.

Still 2 hats away from welcoming Jafar. I'm hoping to level him tonight, but realistically it will be tomorrow. Currently at 94K, so it should be around 60K currency after I welcome him.

I usually get to 80K before the event ends for the 40 gems, but I think I'm rethinking that approach. If it comes down to 40 gems of being able to level a few additional characters I think I'm going with the characters. Basically, your looking at the cost of leveling a character an additional 1 or two 2 gems. I think that's a fairly good investment.
True, but, speaking as someone who has been playing for more than a year, leveling up characters after an event gives me something to do.

You could do it in airport mode, but for what I'm doing, you don't need to. Basically I'm giving myself 2 shots at collecting and chosing which one gives me better results. Have only done the airport technique once and refuse to take the risk of deleting the app.

So here is what I do when I'm ready to collect jobs that give Jafar rewards, and I hope this makes sense. Also it does require 2 devices.
  1. Launch the app on device 1, then force quit and relaunch it. The reason for doing this is it saves the game to the cloud.
  2. Open the game on the second device, and you should get the option of chosing, the local or cloud version. Choose the cloud version, but check the save time to verify it's up to date.
  3. Go back to device 1 and collect the jobs
  4. Go back to device 2 and collect the jobs
  5. Whichever device gave you the better results. Force quit the app and relaunch it. This should force the app to upload that version to the could.
The reality is, the chances are that you will end up with the same results, but it does increase your chances of pulling additional items.
Well I just tried, and was met with the below popup and no way around it...
Oh well

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 77

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter