Disney Magic Kingdoms

So, this is totally off topic...I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten the influx of paper towel ads with the theater and optional chest videos, but mine are pretty much all paper towels. All the time. They have not convinced me to switch brands. I do however, now want to buy a Boston Terrier puppy. I've also found myself wondering about the quality of the socks I own.

Last edited:
I finally welcomed Jafar this morning! This was my second event. I had started playing only weeks before Lion King so it'll be weird to go back to the main story line. I can't even remember where I left off! I wanted to take a moment to thank all the contributors to this forum especially those early "pioneers" who shared their experiences. You all saved me from making bad decisions due to gameplay confusion. I really recommend any new players looking for tips to start reading from the beginning pages. Really helpful stuff! Thanks again! ;)

Just wondering, how long does it take to welcome Jafar?

The drop rate for his items is so bad, I'm beginning to doubt whether I'll get him in time... might have to spend some of my precious gems if it comes to that!

So if I am welcoming jafar when the event ends, I still get him right? Gonna be close. Staffs are just hardly dropping.
Unfortunately I believe that if you haven't hit the check mark to totally complete an event characters welcome before the event ends you lose that character. I remember a vet warning us at the end of the Lion King event (my first so I was really relying on this forum to help me along).

So, this is totally off topic...I'm not sure if anyone else has gotten the influx of paper towel ads with the theater and optional chest videos, but mine are pretty much all paper towels. All the time. They have not convinced me to switch brands. I do however, now want to buy a Boston Terrier puppy. I've also found myself wondering about the quality of the socks I own.
I'd be excited to get anything new. I just get a dragon game, Uno game, and a racing game over and over until I want to scream. They've been the same since I started playing. I even tried downloading the games hoping they would advertise something else.... nope.

I'd be excited to get anything new. I just get a dragon game, Uno game, and a racing game over and over until I want to scream. They've been the same since I started playing. I even tried downloading the games hoping they would advertise something else.... nope.
Same 3 I always get too

I'm not sure if I'm having a glitch with genie lamps. I got enough genie lamps to level up several Aladdin characters but after I leveled up Jasmine, everyone else's lamps went back to zero. Usually when you get something to level up multiple characters it stays and does not go to zero. Any ideas?

Those numbers are not independent. For example, if it says you have 8/8 lamps for Abu and 8/8 lamps for Aladdin, you only have 8 lamps total. Otherwise it would display 16/8. This is only true inside the characters sceeen - the popups that show up when you pick up a token are capped and won't display a total higher than what you need.

Can anyone tell me if the happiness rewards are cumulative? Meaning once you're at the Ecstatic level, do you only get the reward of 10% extra red Mickey balloons, or do you get that balloon bonus plus all the rewards for the Joyous, Cheerful, and Content levels? Because I usually keep the happiness at the Ecstatic level but the 10% balloon reward isn't as important to me as the Joyous level rewards, so I'm wondering if I should purposely keep my happiness at a lower level to get better rewards.

Happiness rewards are cumulative, and you absolutely want to be in Ecstatic at all times to improve your token drop rates. That 10% is not just for balloons, it's for every token drop chance.

B**ch Post:

I also have no interest in obtaining the alien as that currency takes forever to collect and there's no way to know if they will stick an attraction in there at any point.

I posed the question a long time ago, but I don't think I received any responses. I don't play like most of you. To me the game is about building a theme park so I prioritise attractions over characters. Does anyone else do this? After spending months trying to welcome Bagheera (I'm still 5 items away) and after only getting Scar to level 5 after all this time, I have no more interest in obtaining the difficult to level up characters unless they're integral to the storyline. I'm not even bothering with Jafar. I'm just collecting currency at this point to trade in for gems.

I still enjoy most aspects of the gameplay however and find most of these things minor annoyances. Including the fact that I have 15 million useless magic :) But I did promise myself I'd stop playing this game if they ever stick another attraction in a platinum chest
Yea, I'm not gathering the alien, nor the jungle book characters. I have no need to churn their tokens, only to have them 1 hour tasks of sitting on a rock waiting for something fun to do. It's like the Pirates folks, only up to level 6 and then they sit around for ages. At least they were helpful somewhat in this event.

I'm not upgrading jafar until after the event since I will likely be short of 80k event currency. Hopefully there will be about 6 weeks before the next event.

how is everyone doing for event currency so far? with 2 days and 2 hours to go I'm at 60,931. hoping to make it to 80k for the full gem pay out. I have Jafar ready to go to level 3 but that's 4.5k EC so all the Aladdin characters are going to wait till after the event to level up any more. Also I just got the last mouse so lvling up scare to 10 now! Simba and Nala still have a ways to go but are at lvl 9

Unfortunately I believe that if you haven't hit the check mark to totally complete an event characters welcome before the event ends you lose that character. I remember a vet warning us at the end of the Lion King event (my first so I was really relying on this forum to help me along).
You only need to have started welcoming the character (collected all their tokens and click on the Welcome button), not completely have them officially in the park (basically the Level 1 screen)

Finally got all of the requirements to welcome Jafar. I have been working on all of his items since there were 7+ days left. Now there is only 2 days left. That is probably the worst character item drop I have ever had.

how is everyone doing for event currency so far? with 2 days and 2 hours to go I'm at 60,931. hoping to make it to 80k for the full gem pay out. I have Jafar ready to go to level 3 but that's 4.5k EC so all the Aladdin characters are going to wait till after the event to level up anymore. Also, I just got the last mouse so lvling up scare to 10 now! Simba and Nala still have a ways to go but are at lvl 9
I'm at 75,000. Aladdin and Jasmine at 5, Javar at 2, everyone else at 4. Once I get up above 80k, I'll start leveling characters up. While the lamps will be easier to get, every other item will most likely be harder to obtain. In past events, after the event is over, there are few items that can be obtained from any character that wasn't part of the event. So you'll have the same seven characters getting items for each character to level up.

Just got the glitch. It wasn't so bad as it happened after I welcomed Jafar and I only lost some currency that I was trying to stock up. For those of you who have received compensations for the glitch, where are you from. I'm playing from Mexico and I'm afraid I won't be compensated.

how is everyone doing for event currency so far? with 2 days and 2 hours to go I'm at 60,931. hoping to make it to 80k for the full gem pay out. I have Jafar ready to go to level 3 but that's 4.5k EC so all the Aladdin characters are going to wait till after the event to level up any more. Also I just got the last mouse so lvling up scare to 10 now! Simba and Nala still have a ways to go but are at lvl 9

Will hit the "magical" 80K when I collect my next batch of jobs. Currently have all my Aladdin characters leveled at 9, 8, 8, 8, 3, 7, 8. Seing that most of my characters require 22 lamps I don't think I'll be able to level up much more. Probably focus on collecting needed items and prep characters to level up after the event ends. If they follow the same formula it's much easier to collect lamps after the event ends.

Not sure how much over 80K I'll end up with, but I wish there was a way to share the surplus with others.

That is probably the worst character item drop I have ever had.

Totally agree!! Bagheera and the Alien may be slightly worse, but they are not event characters. Since getting Jafar, I have been trying to upgrade Iago to Level 8. But the drop rate for him and Jafar seem to be really bad now for me now.

I've been playing since day one and I'm pretty sure the opposite is true. If you start the Welcome before expiration, you get the character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter