Disney Magic Kingdoms

Lucky!!!!! Would much rather be there than visiting the virtual kingdom. Do you post pics anywhere?
I guess I'll put this out there for everyone. Plus, it's always fun to have new virtual friends on facebook. But you are all welcome to add me, and then we'll see what photos I wind up posting from my three day romp at WDW and during the MVMCP. Looking forward to "meeting" you all!

https://www.facebook.com/michael.scalice.14

Another for the "its not a big deal playing at the parks" camp. Disney is filled with waiting, only concern is the game murdering your phone battery.
I always wonder how people play this game out and about, I have the iPhone 6s and this game destroys my battery life.

I plan on getting the iPhone 8 plus in less than a month, so I might as well ask, does anyone have that phone and is the battery life any better while playing this game?

I went from an iPhone 5 (that would die after playing the game for 5 minutes) to an iPhone 8+. It’s a huge difference, and the + has a bigger battery. I also carry an Anker portable charger that is good for almost 3 full charges. It’s about the size of a deck of cards, so it’s very convenient and easy to carry around.

Watched the live stream last night and it really like how Character Books appears to work. Looks like you get 8 magic per hour for every character you send home and you can collect your magic/xp every 12 hours somewhere around the castle. I also believe they said that Merlin gathering spell will collect it if it’s ready. While 8 magic an hour doesn’t sound like a lot, that’s still 192 magic a day. Far more generous than I thought it would be.

Still somewhat concerned about the Grumpy Special Character, but felt better about him after watching. If I remember correctly he requires 60 and 40 items to welcome, so barring getting lucky and getting him in a chest, it looks like he will take awhile to get.

Does anyone know if the Frozen costumes will help collect items for the event? I hope it's not the case, but from Gamelofts perspective it would make sense if they do.

I always wonder how people play this game out and about, I have the iPhone 6s and this game destroys my battery life.

I plan on getting the iPhone 8 plus in less than a month, so I might as well ask, does anyone have that phone and is the battery life any better while playing this game?

Can't comment on iPhone, but I have a Samsung Galaxy 8+ and always have the game running. I actively play for a few hours every day and have never run out of battery, or even gotten close. :-)

As for playing in the parks, we get so much family togetherness on our trips it's ok if we look at our phones a bit when waiting in line for a ride. But I don't want to feel like I HAVE to, which is what happens now that gameloft seems intent on turning everything in this game into a time-sensitive event.

Oh, and those chests are absolutely gambling. I wonder if they'll eventually get called out for that. No way would I give them actual money in the hopes of maybe getting some pixels that I want.

So during the last golden trophy event, I got banned from the game. What happened was that my tablet kept crashing while I was collecting the trophies, so I was reloading the game and the same trophies popped up again and I kept clicking on them... Then I decided to do a complete reboot of the tab, while I took out my phone, trying to play the game on it after the sync. I usually use my phone to play the game while I'm out, and use my tab to play when I'm home... and I didn't have a problem syncing the saved games. But this particular instance, something went horribly wrong, and I received the ban message on the phone, saying I am permanently banned from the game and all my leaderboard scores have been erased.

I contacted Gameloft, and they say I am banned for 14 days... then they gave me a whole list of things that can cause the computer automated system to trigger the ban. They are being very vague, so I don't really know what I did wrong here... I'm guessing the trophies count got messed up from all the reloading, I don't know...
But anyway, the ban started last Friday, so it ends next week... hopefully I'll only miss a day or two of the Snow White event...

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't mind having the Frozen characters, but I refuse to pay $30 for them. If the characters were new to the game (like the Aladdin & Alice characters were), then I might reconsider. The programming for Elsa & company was completed last year. Therefore, Gameloft has already paid for the work. It isn't too hard to add in the costuming coding and probably wasn't a large additional cost. These "deals" are simply saying, "Hey new players, we think you're suckers who will buy every character no matter what because it's Disney!"

No thank you, interns. I am not your personal piggy bank. I am not responsible for supplying your holiday bonuses.

Well said by both of you! (Including the comment you quoted - didn’t know how to add this into my comment)

I just spent $20 for 5 legendary chests in the hope of getting Frozen characters and ended up getting a bloody Olaf sand sculpture (pathetic decoration anyway) and a Frozen fountain! I have been playing the game for a while but still missed plenty of events (Frozen, Lion King, Incredibles) and unless I’m willing to pay hundreds of dollars a month then these characters are essentially gone forever. What a terrible business model to punish new players to the game. Any good company would want to encourage more players to increase popularity and profits overall!

Anyway I’m glad I found these comments so I could have my rant on the issue.

I just upgraded from the 6S to the 8 and I for sure notice a battery difference. However this morning, I am also getting random zoomed in triangle shape glitches of solid color when trying to send characters out on tasks. dunno if this is tied to the new phone or tied to the impending update, as ive had the phone about a day at this point haha
Oh good! And hopefully it is the update and not the phone!

Nice that you could play then. My DD and I started playing this together when she was home on a break but she had to quit when she went back. Just too much of a time sink for her. So now I play alone - and I’m thankful for this group.
I used it as study breaks, in between classes, and etc. My friend introduced it to me!

Last edited:
So during the last golden trophy event, I got banned from the game. What happened was that my tablet kept crashing while I was collecting the trophies, so I was reloading the game and the same trophies popped up again and I kept clicking on them... Then I decided to do a complete reboot of the tab, while I took out my phone, trying to play the game on it after the sync. I usually use my phone to play the game while I'm out, and use my tab to play when I'm home... and I didn't have a problem syncing the saved games. But this particular instance, something went horribly wrong, and I received the ban message on the phone, saying I am permanently banned from the game and all my leaderboard scores have been erased.

I contacted Gameloft, and they say I am banned for 14 days... then they gave me a whole list of things that can cause the computer automated system to trigger the ban. They are being very vague, so I don't really know what I did wrong here... I'm guessing the trophies count got messed up from all the reloading, I don't know...
But anyway, the ban started last Friday, so it ends next week... hopefully I'll only miss a day or two of the Snow White event...
I'm so sorry!! Gameloft is incredibly vague with their help...every single time I have a problem, they have never helped me. The game has either fixed itself or I got completely screwed. I hope it works out for you, fingers crossed!!

Anyone else underwhelmed with the 500 magic gift today? (I have 17million + reasons why I was unimpressed ;) ).
I thought it was 5k at first and was impressed for them to even give that, then I saw it was only 500 lol. Not so great for us but I hope it helped others!

I thought it was 5k at first and was impressed for them to even give that, then I saw it was only 500 lol. Not so great for us but I hope it helped others!

17 million?? How?! I don’t think I’ve ever cracked 100k.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter