Disney Magic Kingdoms

Has anyone tried to update an iPad? It seems to be stuck in a perpetual loop. It asks if you want to update but then you only have the option to open, not update, in the App Store. It loaded fine on my iPhone so I guess I will play on a tiny screen for a while.

Has anyone tried to update an iPad? It seems to be stuck in a perpetual loop. It asks if you want to update but then you only have the option to open, not update, in the App Store. It loaded fine on my iPhone so I guess I will play on a tiny screen for a while.

Mine downloaded and worked fine this morning. My iPad is where I usually play, but I’ve been using my new phone today.

Decided to go ahead and welcome Zurg for 24 hours. I figure he'll finish shortly after the Snow White event begins. I've started trying to welcome Donald. I think I've gotten 1 drop in 3 days for him. I guess he'll be further delayed by the event.

Yeah, Donald is like this. Really, really slow to get those items, welcome him, and then level him up.

I wish they would straighten out some of the edges of older areas to be more square like Frontierland, there are so many places I could fit attractions in closer if there was only one more pixel of space :crazy2:

The Christmas theme looks lovely though!!

Totally agree. They could change those areas just a tiny little bit and make a BIG difference for their players.

1 MILLION???? I have only just got to having about 100k, i still have so many characters waiting to level up. It would take me at least 10 days to get that amount I reckon, without having anything to spend elsewhere. :-(

Haven't been on here much since the last event. I downloaded the update today after work. I have between now and pre-dawn Dec 16th to get as far as I can in the event. After that I'll be on vacation on the other side of the world, and my focus will definitely not be the game! I'm hoping to login every evening in hopes of getting the daily rewards, but vacation is a bigger priority, so we'll see.

As for gem strategizing this time, I'm thinking it's going to be tough with the upcoming vacation. It will take 430 gems to get both Dopey and Happy. I have 260 right now, so am 170 gems short. Plus I noticed Mickey and Minnie have holiday costumes unlocked now for 60 gems each - so another 120 gems if I want those. I don't see myself coming up with another 290 gems by the end of the event, especially with my trip. I have this dreaded fear that Mickey and Minnie's holiday costumes will be helpful for the event, so I'll be tempted to get them...

I'm pretty sure this will be the first event since I started playing earlier this year that I won't finish... I've finished all the events since LK and managed to purchase the premium characters from each of them. This time I'm not sure I see that happening. Who knows, I do have some long travel days where I might be able to play offline more frequently.

I wish they would straighten out some of the edges of older areas to be more square like Frontierland, there are so many places I could fit attractions in closer if there was only one more pixel of space :crazy2:

The Christmas theme looks lovely though!!

Tomorrowland is the worst - especially when trying to fit in the giant Incredibles attractions

You have to go in thru the app store main page app.. then when you click available updates its on the list. I had the same problem and got around it that way. Happens every time with my ipad.

The same for me but on my iPhone!

Aha! Turned my phone on me off and finally then was able to get the update button.

The Snow White characters look cute!

I agree. At the end of Alice I had just shy of 4 million. After working on some of the Jungle Book characters and a few others and now buying the new land, I'm at 900,000. I think I may need to be more conservative with leveling up the characters for awhile. It's a good thing that my concession farm produces well.
How did you set up your concession farm?

I have a small concession farm... clearly not enough because I have half a million magic! And I definitely am lacking in gems after impulse buying 4 legendary chests

One note on the home thing: I just a wish for a character who I had sent away. Is that gonna happen always? That would mean the only characters we could really easily just send away for months are the ones who don’t receive wishes and those who don’t drop tokens for characters (I am SO slow at leveling up characters)

I have a bunch of concessions out. I pretty much squeeze them into places where I can't get any attractions to fit. Most of them were "gifted" to me, either on special occasions by Gameloft, or out of the treasure chests, like the partysaurus hats (I have TONS of those). I prefer the long-term ones to the ones I have to click on all the time. It really adds up over time and my magic gets replenished pretty quickly, so if you're short on magic I recommend farming the concessions if you can.

Nothing yet. Wonder if it distributed at certain times depending on where in the globe you are. Eastern US here.
Live in the Eastern Standard Time zone and have an android and the update just showed up for me at 1:29am. I have noticed that the time is staggered with windows first, then iphone/pad devices, and last android.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the update actually works this time, as the last update all my characters were running around as purple sketch lines with no skins for the first 9 days. Missed 3 of the welcoming animations for the Alice characters before they patched the app.

After that I'll be on vacation on the other side of the world, and my focus will definitely not be the game! I'm hoping to login every evening in hopes of getting the daily rewards, but vacation is a bigger priority, so we'll see.

I'm pretty sure this will be the first event since I started playing earlier this year that I won't finish... I've finished all the events since LK and managed to purchase the premium characters from each of them. This time I'm not sure I see that happening. Who knows, I do have some long travel days where I might be able to play offline more frequently.

I know it's hard, but for Alice the first few days I was on vacation in Ireland for the event. I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier to put everyone on quests in the morning before I had to be anywhere, reset them at lunch, reset them just before dinner, and then played for an hour or 2 at night before bed while relaxing in the hotel and managed to finish the event with 1.5 days to spare. Good luck and enjoy the vacation!

I had the same thing happen. When went into the "Updates" section of the App Store, I scrolled down to Magic Kingdoms and downloaded it from there. It took about 4-5 minutes (a long time for my connection) but then it worked without a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter