Disney Magic Kingdoms

Early Event observations.

Pros:
  • It was easy to return characters for the event and send back ones that were not.
  • At least as of now, Elsa and Anna winter outfits do not collect event items only a small amount of event currency
  • Nice selections or characters who collect event currency and items

Cons:
CREEPY TREES!!!
They should call them Angry Trees, because in a day or two that’s what they will make me! Seriously, does anyone enjoy that aspect of events? For me the trees/snowgies/etc. portion of events quickly sucks the enjoyment out of events. Just take that aspect out and require twice (even 3 times) the amount of poison apples for the event, or make them 2 hour items.
Completely agree about the creepy trees / snowgies. This element ruins every event for me. I wish the interns would take notice of the complaints. Despite claiming to listen to the community, they totally ignore our feedback on this, which is almost universally negative. I can’t remember anyone ever posting a comment saying that they enjoy this part of each event.

I’ve reached the point now where I am refusing to spend any more money on this game. I’ll use my gems stock to purchase premium characters but no more cash until they change this. Like you say, it takes the enjoyment out of events, and it’s for the whole duration of each event, so there’s no escaping it.

I really like the look of the “battle zone” this time.

I bought Dopey with earned gems. I’m not spending real money every time they create a timed event. I figure that I’ll quit when they make it impossible to play without constantly sending them money. I have purchased a package before so it’s not like I don’t get it, but this constant attempt to make people pay around ten dollars for each event is getting old. Well, it’s been old for a while now.

Welcoming doc! He was surprisingly easy!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...so for EVERY PAST EVENT the first character takes a day or so to gather all their tokens. So this morning when I woke up and earned the last eat hat to level Cheshire Cat to level ten, I figured “why not”. Soon I’ll be ready to welcome Doc, but I’m not spending 50 gems to speed up my character book :headache::headache::headache:

I will say I will drop the cost of starbucks on an event but not much more. I used to just buy buy buy but realized then I had a gem surplus...if you are smart about it between events its not that hard to keep them stocked for the events even with them close together, its just about being conservative the rest of the time.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...so for EVERY PAST EVENT the first character takes a day or so to gather all their tokens. So this morning when I woke up and earned the last eat hat to level Cheshire Cat to level ten, I figured “why not”. Soon I’ll be ready to welcome Doc, but I’m not spending 50 gems to speed up my character book :headache::headache::headache:

There will be times, early on in events where you will have completed all available event tasks and be stuck staring at a timer that says "X character will be available in 1 day 16 hours." So don't stress about leveling up some other character right now. I'm currently waiting for 4 hours for the Caterpillar to finish his leveling up to 10. You might be a little behind these first couple days, but when everyone else is banging their head against the wall waiting for the next phase to open, you will catch right up.

I was just thinking that this "go home" thing could be a wonderful way to get all my non event characters out of the way for a bit. Woo hoo!

I'm not a fan of the trees by any means, but I'm glad it only takes 45 seconds or 2 min to catch them. That 6 minutes in the last event was BRUTAL. I actually have no problem with the shears/potions taking an hour to collect, as that's about as often as I can check in on the game anyway.

I am guessing you are relatively new to this game. Unfortunately, this is how all the events work. It makes it really hard to get gems for much else because you are constantly in a mode to save for events. Every event we need:

200 gems - Premium Character 1 (used to be 180)
50 gems - Float
250 gems - Premium Character 2
150 gems - Premium Attraction (some events don't have a premium attraction, but a lot do)

Total: 650 gems.

I spend gems on nothing (no chests, no speeding up anything, don't know the last time I bought a non-event character or attraction, etc) my IOS I started this event with 453, my Windows game I started with 341. So I am already in a deficit to get everything for this event. I would really like to buy more parade slots since it's the only way to increase potential gems, but we haven't had enough "free time" in the game to get it done, and save for the next event.

And unfortunately, if you think Doc is impossible, you are in for a long event. Doc will be the easiest character we get. Just start plugging away. Put Goofy on one tree task, Mickey on the other. I like to get those silly collections done first. Then try to earn the other tokens as needed. The early event character tokens seem to drop easily. The Villain tokens, and the Hero character before the villain, not so much.
Thanks for the insights. i did ok with Alice, just seem to have got off to a rocky start with this one. But hopefully I will catch up a little, now I got the bundle deal on Dopey, which eventually became available.

This is the only game I play so I don't have a big issue buying the premium characters IF they aren't too outrageous. Dopey and a hat stand was $3.99 while the float + event currency was $1.99. If the offers didn't pop up automatically, check the event tab, then the gift box. It's an option. I'm saving my gems until I see how much Happy is going to cost since the 2nd character is usually more $.
I checked everything and there were no offers. Restarted and all a couple of times. So I spent my hard earned gems on the float and the hat stand. Later i got the offer of Dopey. Grrrhh. Guess i wont see the float and gems offer as i have now got the float. Glad it is "just a game"

I'm building the cottage now. There was also a crow tapper task, but the good thing about that one is that I got a gem for completing it.

I've usually found the first character to be pretty easy to obtain - they want you to get into the event story. Then each character after that is harder and harder to get.

Early Event observations.

Pros:
  • It was easy to return characters for the event and send back ones that were not.
  • At least as of now, Elsa and Anna winter outfits do not collect event items only a small amount of event currency
  • Nice selections or characters who collect event currency and items

Cons:
CREEPY TREES!!!
They should call them Angry Trees, because in a day or two that’s what they will make me! Seriously, does anyone enjoy that aspect of events? For me the trees/snowgies/etc. portion of events quickly sucks the enjoyment out of events. Just take that aspect out and require twice (even 3 times) the amount of poison apples for the event, or make them 2 hour items.
From this point on, I will call them angry trees. Funny!!!

Well, I hope for the best during this event. Right now I am taking mini practice tests for my DAT so I can at least play during my breaks but starting Saturday until next Saturday, I will be taking full-length tests that are 5 hours long, and then the 18th is when I take my test. Not sure how I will be able to keep up with this event this time but hopefully I can do it all somehow lol fingers crossed!!

Good luck both for you DAT and with the game

On a tech note...since I did the update, my Merlin works without crashing. It's been sooooooo long since I could use him, I just earned 17,000 in elixir. Of course, I have nothing to buy with it, but at least it works again. Wish I would have bought the Frozen outfits now. Hope not having them doesn't put me too far behind. Still working on Doc, but I got Dopey and the parade float. Thanks for all the updates everyone.

I added to your list where I could! (In the quoted area.) Thanks for starting this!

Characters that earn currency (based on whom I have) & length of tasks. I didn't copy down the amount of EC earned.

Mickey - lots of tasks. Looked like nearly everything earned EC from a quick glance.******* 60 min, 2hr (2 diff tasks), 4hr (pirate costume), 8hr
Minnie - 1 hr & 8 hr ********************* also a 4 hr (I'll have to see if she was in costume)
Goofy - lots of tasks. Sent him out on 1 before I could list it. ****** 6 min, 60 min, 2hr, 4hr, 6hr.... also Goofy & Mickey have a 2hr and a 4hr
Cinderella - 2 hr task. (Only EC earning task)
Prince Charming - 2 hr & 4 hr
Mike and Celia - 4 hr task (Only EC task for Celia)
Mike and Sully - 6 hr task
Mike - 2 hr & 4 hr
Sully - 2 hr & 4 hr
Will Turner and Elizabeth - 4 hr (This is the only EC task for either character.)
Daisy - 4 hr & 6 hr
Woody - He has some, but I forgot to write them down. ******** 60 min, 2 hr, 4 hr, 6 hr,
Bo Peep - 2 hr & 4 hr
Jessie - 6 minute, 1 hr, 4 hr, & 6 hr
Buzz - 2 hr & 8 hr
Sarge - 1 hr, 4 hr, & 6 hr
Hamm - 1 hr, 4 hr, & 8 hr
Tinker Bell - 2hr & 6 hr
Eve - 4 hr (Only EC earning task)

Also....
Li Shang - 8hr
Belle & Lumiere - 8hr
Cogsworth & Chip Potts - 8hr
Elsa & Anna - 8 hr (Costumes)
Boo - 12 hr
Mushu - 12 hr

And here are the Currency amounts for each task length:

6 min = 7 currency
60 min = 10
2 hr = 17
2 hr duo= 36
4 hr = 30
4 hr duo = 63
6 hr = 45
6 hr duo = 95
8 hr = 55
8 hr duo = 116
12 hr = 75

Hope this helps :-)

Last edited:
As predicted, you've all beat me to the list of characters that will help with snow white tasks. :) It's cool though, because I"m not sure I'm dedicated enough to sit and go through each one, without taking breaks. I'm usually easily distracted. I am pleased to report that at work, I was able to start the game, and in 12 minutes from now I'll have acquired, Dopey (with gems), Doc, and built the cottage. I really do like the washing up animation, it's really really cute.

For my 2 cents, I'm going to say that as I"m playing, I only release the characters from home, when they have a wish to fulfill. I know they are going to have wish granters and trophy hunts, and all those different things that they usually do. I hope you all get ALL the characters of this event, with very little trouble! Happy playing all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter