Disney Magic Kingdoms

Can’t really tell you. Sadly, for me, I was only 1 ear of being able to level Grumpy to level 7. Ended up placing 11th, got my ear in the first chest and garbage in the other 3, so obviously, they won’t give you more of an item that you need from chests. I really wish they didn’t require you to open all the chests at once because it cost me a few Grumpy items. :confused3

That's been my experience twice now, as I've posted. Today, I came in like 9th or something, and my first chest gave me the remaining three Grumpy hats I needed to level him up again. Since I already have all of the owls, that was all I needed... and somehow I got all three in my very first chest. Three red cards? Really? Where were they when I was first trying to get him? The rest of the chests gave me 1 happiness, some magic, and pittance in event currency.

After a scathing email sent to Gameloft, I have finally had some luck with the Queen tokens. I've got all the apples, all the EC, 4/9 heart boxes and 8/9 ears. I might have a chance. After this event, I hope they cool it for a bit.

What did you say to them? Waiting on 7 more ears for the queen. Ugh may not make it in time.

made it to spot 2 on the final, got a whole lot of garbage from it =_= I got like maybe 10 tokens out of 8 chests, lots were only 2 card chests

My queen finally arrived late last night! Still way off grumpy so he will likely stay a missing character (I have plenty missing so not worried).

Question - is there any point levelling up the SW characters now or should I just build EC? I’m assuming I can continue to level them up post the event?

Should I spend magic expanding areas that aren’t part of the storyline? I have a few attractions that I can’t fit anywhere but read somewhere that you shouldn’t spend magic on unnecessarily expanding the kingdom?

Did pretty well with the 4 chests from the trophy event this morning, got 9 tokens, 4 ears and 5 owls... My queen is now at level 4, and is collecting the Grumpy tokens along with Happy and Dopey. Grumpy count right now stands at 41 owls and 34 ears. I will buy the necessary amount of chests with gems at the end to get Grumpy...

Should I spend magic expanding areas that aren’t part of the storyline? I have a few attractions that I can’t fit anywhere but read somewhere that you shouldn’t spend magic on unnecessarily expanding the kingdom?

All of the land is eventually part of the storyline, so whether you unlock it now or not there will be a quest for it sooner or later. You’ll automatically get the reward when the quest does come around if you clear it now

My queen finally arrived late last night! Still way off grumpy so he will likely stay a missing character (I have plenty missing so not worried).

Question - is there any point levelling up the SW characters now or should I just build EC? I’m assuming I can continue to level them up post the event?
With only two days left, I'm holding off on leveling up anyone else. Been doing that since I welcomed the Queen. First, as you stated, it'll help me build up event credit for the conversion. And second, I'll have something to do before the interns unleash another event or expansion on us.

I’ve been leveling up a specific set of SW characters (the cheap ones) but I’m pretty much done even with that now. I’m hoping to save some EC to get some gems back.

1 day 14 hours left... its 930 pm here and i sent all my characters out one last time before i go to bed.
I need 3 ear hats and 4 boxes for the queen. Fingers crossed that i get her.
I’ve been praying that i just luckily get grumpy in a magical chest but i havent yet. So i guess i won’t be able to get him until the event is over and they have a snow white legendary chest available.

Well this is the first time I really feel I won’t get the queen in time. My drops have been the worst in any event, I still need 2 ear hats and 3 boxes, and I only just reached 25k EC today. For the first time ever, I’m reluctantly setting an alarm... but only because I’m home alone and it’s a holiday tomorrow. If I can miraculously get the tokens, I plan to spend all my gems to see if I can get Grumpy, and then delete the game when I ultimately don’t. This event has broke me

What did you say to them? Waiting on 7 more ears for the queen. Ugh may not make it in time.

I told them my hubby and I paid for the exact same things for this event. I love Snow White, so I wanted to collect some of the pay-for items. I asked them how they can honestly think it's fair that DH got all tokens in 2 days, and I'm missing 5 heart boxes. If all items really are rare (and we have the SAME characters doing the same quests) then how has he has the Queen for days?

If something is Epic, then sorry - we should all be at the same spot for token gathering.

DH and I have played for a year, we started at the same time, and after these timed events and seeing how greedy Gameloft is becoming, I made sure that my points were made VERY clear.

The only reason not to expand land is if you need magic to welcome a lot of new characters or level up characters in a hurry if you are short of magic. Opening up that land gives you space to put the attractions so you can earn magic faster when you aren't in direct need of it, and in some cases, it does continue the main storyline depending on how far along you are.

I would ALWAYS level the characters up after and build EC during. I'm sitting at 77K EC right now, which if I play regularly tomorrow will mean I can get the 80K EC conversion into 40 gems (max amount). You can always level the characters after an event, so when there is nothing to do for 3+ weeks between events, I can play casually and work on them.
Right now I have 3 dwarves at level 3, 2 at level 4, doc at 5, snow at 3, grumpy at 3, and evil queen at 1, but I have all of them ready to level up as soon as I hit 80K or the event ends, whichever happens first.

On that note, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!pixiedust: may all your grumpy wishes come true!

On day 3 of trying to welcome The Queen and despite having Dopey, Happy and Grumpy, I'm still one hat away. I'll make it but it's very frustrating. I haven't had a single item drop now for 16 hours despite sending them all out continuously on tasks.

I came in #16 in the trophy event as I couldn't play for the final 8 hours. The chests will help me to level up Grumpy but since I only needed one hat and one owl, the others were filled with happiness and decorations. The event currency will help me recoup a few of the gems I spent on getting Grumpy (I'm not 100% sure but I think I spent 300-350 gems to get Grumpy. I wouldn't have spent that but I'm currently sitting on 3000+ gems so wanted to start using them)

I'm currently sitting on just over 45,000 event currency but the Queen will take a large chunk of that. I remember what it used to be easy to finish the even on 80K for maximum gem conversion.

You will want to open up as much land as possible. Opening up new land will pay off later on, because you will need it for the concessions and rides. Currently opening up the last (2) lands in the back of space Mountain in Tomorrowland.. 550,00 +750,000 ... There is also land in Fantasy-land for 1,000,000.. Early on opening this land would have been much easier in tomorrow land. Now i have about (7) rides just sitting in inventory that are too big to fit anywhere, which i could be using now to get more magic.

made it to spot 2 on the final, got a whole lot of garbage from it =_= I got like maybe 10 tokens out of 8 chests, lots were only 2 card chests

I finished the same and had similar - though I even had a couple 1 card chests that just had the like 100 EC or 10 Happiness.

I am also joining the group of frustrated players in regards to getting the queen. I do not have grumpy nor the mine train attraction and without them, I don’t see the queen happening. I’ve needed 4 hats for over 24 hours with no drops. Time is running out and this will be the first event (and I’ve been playing since almost the beginning) that I haven’t been able to finish. I refuse to spend money on this game so I guess it’s just not going to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter