Disney Magic Kingdoms

Just welcomed the Queen, and I was so excited to see Gameloft include more of the original fairytale than Disney has in the movie, with the queen plotting to kill Snow White with cursed bodices and poison combs. I'm a bit of a fairytale geek, and I've really enjoyed seeing Disney reincorporate elements from the original stories into their newer productions (like how the new Cinderella and BatB movies have)

I am also joining the group of frustrated players in regards to getting the queen. I do not have grumpy nor the mine train attraction and without them, I don’t see the queen happening. I’ve needed 4 hats for over 24 hours with no drops. Time is running out and this will be the first event (and I’ve been playing since almost the beginning) that I haven’t been able to finish. I refuse to spend money on this game so I guess it’s just not going to happen.
How many gems are required for those final four items?

I toyed around with the idea of just buying the needed gems to get the items I need for the Queen, but I've decided there's no way. I've already bought Dopey and the Mine Train with my earned gems, and I refuse to buy any at this point for the Queen as a matter of principal. There should have been no reason, within the time allotted, for me not to get the Queen. Yet here I am, still missing four hats and boxes. Didn't get a single item in the last 12 hours. I'm pretty disgusted overall with this event. I got as far on Alice and Wonderland, and I was on vacation for a week, playing only occasionally, during that one.

Two hats to go... this is going to be down to the wire again! I'll buy them if I have to but not until I cant feasibly get them for free. A bit late to post this but for the mini event I was on the worst board I've ever seen. The top person had over 1600 trophies and I struggled to stay inside the top 500. Normally I delay starting if I can and can comfortably finish top 10.
I've done ok given I only bought the mine train and float though. I've not bothered one bit with grumpy, am nowhere near and am quite fine with that!

I don't think I'll get the Queen. Still missing too many items. I didn't buy the premium characters this time around - without Grumpy I wouldn't have a full set anyway, so I don't feel the need to try to complete the collection - so I'm sure that hasn't helped. I did buy the mine train with my gems, but it's done very little to help.

I haven't really enjoyed this event, it's felt a bit too much like work, and there's so much pressure to spend money to complete it. I hope we get a break now, I'd like some time to focus on the main storyline.

Have 4 more hats to go for the queen so hoping I have some good luck today. Had some good drops overnight, forgot to check my game til late though with the New Years festivities going on. Blew thru some gems the other day trying to speed up the tasks and it seems the drop rate is better if you just wait the 4 hours.

I've also been working on the Queen for days now, still 2 hats and 3 chests left to go and I have everything except for Grumpy and the parade float. I'm annoyed that all tasks overlap character wise. I will buy her if she gets under 100 gems but I'm not happy about it.

If I start her just before the event ends, she's still mine right because my husband keeps making me think that's not how it goes.

I just welcomed Grumpy without spending a single cent. I was pretty much buying a chest with gems every time it hit 15. I don't know how many gems I actually ended up spending but they were all earned through gameplay. Still need 3 hats for the Queen. Haven't had a single drop in 2 days.

Queen's drop rate for Grumpy tokens so far has been 100%... 2 for 2 LOL... So that's 1 less chest to buy at the end to welcome Grumpy, that's good I guess....

Last edited:
I just welcomed Grumpy without spending a single cent. I was pretty much buying a chest with gems every time it hit 15. I don't know how many gems I actually ended up spending but they were all earned through gameplay. Still need 3 hats for the Queen. Haven't had a single drop in 2 days.

Good for you, I am not that patient. May this year teach me to be better. Hope you get the Queen

Guys please help!! For Grumpy I have collected all of his owls and 34 hats only need 6 more. No gems left. Please help as I'm very close to get him and no I won't spend any money. Thanks

How do you use gems to get drop items you need?

You basically buy the items needed with gems. When you click on the Queen in the character book at the bottom under the tokens needed there is a green button that says “buy”.You can click on it and it will tell you how many gems it will cost to purchase the remaining tokens. The cost is usually high, but that’s how many people have been able to welcome the villain at the end of an event if the tokens are slow to drop.

You basically buy the items needed with gems. When you click on the Queen in the character book at the bottom under the tokens needed there is a green button that says “buy”.You can click on it and it will tell you how many gems it will cost to purchase the remaining tokens. The cost is usually high, but that’s how many people have been able to welcome the villain at the end of an event if the tokens are slow to drop.

Ohhh so just for villains? I’m nowhere near getting the Queen but my aim is to get Snow White before the event finishes... drops have been sparse at best.

Ohhh so just for villains? I’m nowhere near getting the Queen but my aim is to get Snow White before the event finishes... drops have been sparse at best.

No, you can do this with ANY character, including for upgrades. Any time you are short on tokens, you can 'buy' them from their Character screen if you have the gems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter