• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well after I said I wasn’t going to finish the event I ended up spending gems on stitch lol. I needed 8 hats still. It was going to drive me nuts not to have him, he is cute. The two premium characters I don’t regret not getting.

Well this was my first full event in the game (started 55 days ago). I am at 12/15 Stitch hats, having only gotten one in the last 2 days! Not enough time to get 3 even if these last two attempts are successful. I have 180 gems saved up, which I was going to use to buy the final parade slot. Should I spend the gems to get Stitch instead?

Are all events like this? This felt long, boring, and like a chore. I am certainly not going to put more money into the game (bought Pluto and Pleakley) if the events are all ridiculous grinds with nearly impossible odds. I started working on Stitch hats pretty much as soon as they were unlocked, and did 5 rounds of attempts per day (missing only one attempt per day at most). If spending money and giving up sleep to keep things rolling still doesn't complete the event, then this game is not for me.

Are all events like this? This felt long, boring, and like a chore.

It was only this event and the prior one with Winnie the Pooh that they used this method to get the final character. Whether or not they continue with this format is unknown and we will have to wait and see if this is the model used going forward. My guess is that since we had two events like this back to back, this will probably be the model.

Even with how things were previously, I believe these events are not designed for the casual player. Plus as other people have mentioned, it is also a cash grab for them.

I spent the money once during an event to get a bundle because I was at DisneyWorld and knew I would not have the time to put in to grind out the things necessary. Obviously, I like Disney, and my time is money so spending real money once in a while is fine, but as some here have said they are making it almost necessary to spend, I just won't often. They should lower token requirements for people who have been playing less time and have less characters. I have been on since day one so it won't help me, but the newer players must get discouraged during events.

Also, if you need just a bit more event currency before it ends, send people out for the frogs to use up the tokens, even if you do not get the flower because you are maxxed out, you will get some event currency, I used it to push me above 66,000 this morning and I won't be playing again until after work so the event will be over, I got a free gem out of it this way.

To the poster's point above yours, she's right. You could still get Stitch. Heck, you could have gotten him a week ago now. For the low low price of $9.99. Total cash grab.

I haven't gotten an offer for Stitch this time? I'm still too far from getting him so I'm tossing up spending 240 gems to get him. I still have 2000 gems so I'll probably spend them I just want to spend as few as possible.

There are so many of us that visit the Disney Parks, I wish there was a way for those that play, while they are within the confines of Disney Property, to earn special items or characters. Maybe offer a new one every half year.
I thought this same thing when I was down in Disney World back in 2016. I kept waiting for something special to happen while I was playing, hoping that maybe they would do something like this. But nope!

Are all events like this? This felt long, boring, and like a chore. I am certainly not going to put more money into the game (bought Pluto and Pleakley) if the events are all ridiculous grinds with nearly impossible odds.

In my opinion, yes. I don't like the events very much, it stresses me out having a timeline to get things completed. However, I'm a much more casual player than most in this thread. I have only finished 2 events completely (Lion King and Aladdin). I generally get disheartened by my slow progress and just give up on trying hard to complete them.

I haven't gotten an offer for Stitch this time? I'm still too far from getting him so I'm tossing up spending 240 gems to get him. I still have 2000 gems so I'll probably spend them I just want to spend as few as possible.
Check the bundles. It should be there, I would imagine. But yes, with so many useless gems, you might as well use them for this. No point in hoarding them.

There are so many of us that visit the Disney Parks, I wish there was a way for those that play, while they are within the confines of Disney Property, to earn special items or characters. Maybe offer a new one every half year.

I would love this if it were to happen. I am just over 2 hours away and pretty much go once a month. I would like to get any missing character's like this.

I can see a future business model developing in helping y'all get your missing character's. Cost would be minimal. For character's located in the MK cost is a Citrus Swirl. Not fond of Pineapple so no dole whip. Epcot would be a bowl of corn ice cream in the Mexico restaurant. Now if is during the Flower and Garden, Food and Wine Festivals cost would be the cheese grits, corn, and spicy shrimp from one of the kiosks.

MGM (HS will always be MGM) have to see what new stuff come with the new lands. HS had I think something like sweet and sour chicken at Yak and Yeti outside.

Check the bundles. It should be there, I would imagine. But yes, with so many useless gems, you might as well use them for this. No point in hoarding them.

I don't have an offer for Stitch either. I was half tempted to spend money on him, because why did I even bother participating in this event at all if I don't end up with the main character at the end?! I need 936 more gems to buy my missing items to get him. lol yeah, no.

Well this was my first full event in the game (started 55 days ago). I am at 12/15 Stitch hats, having only gotten one in the last 2 days! Not enough time to get 3 even if these last two attempts are successful. I have 180 gems saved up, which I was going to use to buy the final parade slot. Should I spend the gems to get Stitch instead?

Well got the last attempts back, and no hats. I am at 12/15. So either spend a ton of gems to get it, or just accept that I wasted way to much effort on this event, right? Those 12 go to waste?

Well got the last attempts back, and no hats. I am at 12/15. So either spend a ton of gems to get it, or just accept that I wasted way to much effort on this event, right? Those 12 go to waste?

I decided I wasn't going to waste the gems on trying to get 3 Stitch hats. With the gems from the currency I was able to buy the final parade float slot. Probably a better investment long term. But, the whole thing just makes me think I am playing the wrong game. So many freemium games out there...

I managed to get to 69,129 EC before the event ended. I got 35 gems for the effort so it looks like they are rounding up.

I believe it was confirmed on one of their social media pages that the tapping bit is nonsense. We've got the same odds as when we couldn't see the front of the cards.
I actually managed to get Fantasmic! I used the method of holding your finger until ready. I would wait (no more than 30 secs) and focus on a specific color of the item you want. Then when I saw that color is the area I was focusing I’d lift my finger. Took 4 platinums, so like just dumb luck. But I was mildly happy

I actually managed to get Fantasmic! I used the method of holding your finger until ready. I would wait (no more than 30 secs) and focus on a specific color of the item you want. Then when I saw that color is the area I was focusing I’d lift my finger. Took 4 platinums, so like just dumb luck. But I was mildly happy

This is doing nothing, its still random no matter when you tap what. The devs confirmed it.

80??????????????? How did you manage that???
I held back on leveling up characters, where normally I go for level 7. This time I stopped at 83,000 for event currency, so I lost out on 3,000 because I couldn't get enough flowers or one final token to level up one of three final characters before the buzzer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter