Disney Magic Kingdoms

I actually managed to get Fantasmic! I used the method of holding your finger until ready. I would wait (no more than 30 secs) and focus on a specific color of the item you want. Then when I saw that color is the area I was focusing I’d lift my finger. Took 4 platinums, so like just dumb luck. But I was mildly happy
This is doing nothing, its still random no matter when you tap what. The devs confirmed it.
He's right. It might just have been your turn, but I'm glad to hear that you got it!

I enjoyed the event UNTIL welcoming stitch, pairing 2 earned characters with 2 premiums is the kind of move that makes people stop playing. It should have been Pleakley and Jumba together for their task, creating an incentive (3 tasks instead 2) for players who made the choice to buy them instead of a punishment (1 task only) for NOT buying them. Events should be reasonably (but not easily) achievable without premium purchases and those purchases should make it easier. Its not quite on the order of Grumpy, which was by far the worst decision made in the game thus far, but it wasnt far behind.

I enjoyed the event UNTIL welcoming stitch, pairing 2 earned characters with 2 premiums is the kind of move that makes people stop playing. It should have been Pleakley and Jumba together for their task, creating an incentive (3 tasks instead 2) for players who made the choice to buy them instead of a punishment (1 task only) for NOT buying them. Events should be reasonably (but not easily) achievable without premium purchases and those purchases should make it easier. Its not quite on the order of Grumpy, which was by far the worst decision made in the game thus far, but it wasnt far behind.

Great point. :thumbsup2

I found the requirement of having to tie up 6 characters for 3 tasks annoying, but something else was bugging me about it and I think what you wrote was it. I still would have prefered 3 tasks for 3 characters and just make them longer though. The fact that my drop rate was horrendous and collection them tied up 6 characters for well over a week made it that much more frustrating.

Speaking of the number of characters, I think having 7 characters for what would probably be considered a second or third tier Disney movie was also a mistake. For this level of movie an in game, non event, content update would have been a much better choice. If they are going to continue having 7 characters for events than leave the events for movies that actually warrant having 7 characters and L&S isn’t one of them.

p.s. Please don’t take my comments about L&S as an attack on the movie, that wasn’t my intention, but with such a large selections of Disney movies their are far better choices they could have made for an event. If you enjoy L&S that's great, but I’d hope you’d agree that their are other more “deserving” movies.

I suppose that GameLoft was trying to create incentives by grouping the characters the way they did. If you did not get either premium character then you had 1 task to get Stitch's ears. If you got 1 premium character (either one) then you had 2 tasks. Getting both premium characters gave you 3 tasks. So the more premium characters you had, the "easier" it was to get the ears.

What made things sucky (besides having to send the same characters on the same tasks over and over and over for a week) is that it was a punishment to not have the premium characters. Getting Stitch without the premiums should have been difficult but not essentially impossible.

What made things sucky (besides having to send the same characters on the same tasks over and over and over for a week) is that it was a punishment to not have the premium characters. Getting Stitch without the premiums should have been difficult but not essentially impossible.
And therein lies the cash grab. Don't have enough gems for the two characters plus the concession stands? We'll happily sell them to ya. WITH an event currency bonus. Break open your wallets, one and all...

And therein lies the cash grab. Don't have enough gems for the two characters plus the concession stands? We'll happily sell them to ya. WITH an event currency bonus. Break open your wallets, one and all...

Yep. I'm less and less happy with this game. I did get my 40 gems this time, but at the cost of not leveling up my characters. So now I'll have a long way to go to bring them up to 10.

I managed to get to 69,129 EC before the event ended. I got 35 gems for the effort so it looks like they are rounding up.

Same here with the 35 gems. It has split the 2000 spread in half in past events. 69,001 to 70,000 would go to 35. 68,999 back down to 68,000 would get 34 gems. I have been on both sides of the Midway point and that's what it did to me in past events.

Yep. I'm less and less happy with this game. I did get my 40 gems this time, but at the cost of not leveling up my characters. So now I'll have a long way to go to bring them up to 10.

I agree with the long way to go to level them up. I picked up an extra million in magic during this event. Now sitting on 16 million. So I don't mind going this route to get the characters to 10.

Well this was my first full event in the game (started 55 days ago). I am at 12/15 Stitch hats, having only gotten one in the last 2 days! Not enough time to get 3 even if these last two attempts are successful. I have 180 gems saved up, which I was going to use to buy the final parade slot. Should I spend the gems to get Stitch instead?

Are all events like this? This felt long, boring, and like a chore. I am certainly not going to put more money into the game (bought Pluto and Pleakley) if the events are all ridiculous grinds with nearly impossible odds. I started working on Stitch hats pretty much as soon as they were unlocked, and did 5 rounds of attempts per day (missing only one attempt per day at most). If spending money and giving up sleep to keep things rolling still doesn't complete the event, then this game is not for me.

The events are similar - though I think this one dragged on a bit at the end more than most

For most events - or really the game in general - it is hard to get everything without spending gems (and likely $ to get enough gems) .... so if you aren't going to do that, it is fine, you just have to deal with not having everything

So, before it goes away... does anyone know which castle that is supposed to be on the Lilo and Stitch load page? Not a park from the US, but since we got the overseas version of Fantasmic, I figured maybe they went the same route.

Great point. :thumbsup2

I found the requirement of having to tie up 6 characters for 3 tasks annoying, but something else was bugging me about it and I think what you wrote was it. I still would have prefered 3 tasks for 3 characters and just make them longer though. The fact that my drop rate was horrendous and collection them tied up 6 characters for well over a week made it that much more frustrating.

Speaking of the number of characters, I think having 7 characters for what would probably be considered a second or third tier Disney movie was also a mistake. For this level of movie an in game, non event, content update would have been a much better choice. If they are going to continue having 7 characters for events than leave the events for movies that actually warrant having 7 characters and L&S isn’t one of them.

p.s. Please don’t take my comments about L&S as an attack on the movie, that wasn’t my intention, but with such a large selections of Disney movies their are far better choices they could have made for an event. If you enjoy L&S that's great, but I’d hope you’d agree that their are other more “deserving” movies.
L&S is a perfectly fine Disney movie and just because it isn't a typical princess movie it still is a top one.

Since it’s never to early to speculate, when does everyone foresee the next event? Also, what do you envision it being and what would you like?

I’m really hoping we don’t see another event for atleast a month, but I’d be shocked if they don’t run something else mid June. I’d be pleasantly suprised if they gave us a nice in game content update next month though. I’d like to see a Classic Disney movie Dumbo, Bambi or Pinocchio.

Incredibles 2 comes out on June 15th, but since they already had an incredibles event, I don’t see it getting a new one, but if they do they BETTER ADD MORE LAND. Now if they ran one that shrunk all the current Incredibles attractions in 1/2 I’d be in favor of it. :rotfl2:

I don’t see any other movies getting released this summer that would fit into the game. Wreck in Ralph 2 and Mary Poppins returns do come out later in the year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter