Disney Magic Kingdoms

My stats for the event:
12/20 - bottles for JackJack
3051 points
136th on my Leader Board - person at the top has 11,992 - good for them, I'm not up for racing in this game. The maleficent ears hat stand would be nice, but it's not the end of the world if I don't get it

I get to have another battle in about half an hour from now and I've learned that sending 5 characters is better than less. I only had to use 1 refreshment so far and I'll have to use another one for the next battle but I have all the characters who can gather them, out gathering them, so that will help.

What I've been able to figure out:

EDIT: It appears that Maleficent's curse affects 4 buildings at a time, every 4 hours, which is only 16 EC and that's just SAD!!!!

Bullseye, Jessie, Tinker Belle, Kristoff, and Syndrome ALL collect Recovery Treats which is helpful.

I was very concerned when I saw that this is only a 15 day thing, but since I got 12 bottles so far, I feel like it is more attainable than I first thought, which is helpful, as long as you're only going for the tokens. If you need the characters (Jack, Anna, and Mrs. Incredible) then I think it might be a little more difficult, but I have a lot of faith in all of you, so for those of you who are doing that, you can do it!

I assume that after we collect all the tokens we need for chapter 1, it's a race to points, to gain as many as you can and collect the milestone rewards. I know not everyone is happy, and I do understand the frustration and at the same time, I like this challenge. I am NOT happy about the fact that uncurled buildings only get 4 EC, that is ridiculous.

Best Wishes to all!!!!

Last edited:
So we all know the daily award on the 15th is a legendary chest, but did anyone else notice that it also shows you the possible drops now? It’s all Incredibles, for me the top prize is the Elastigirl costume, then Frozone who I don’t have yet. So now I’m wondering if that is the only way to get the costume?

The other stuff is nice,heck I can live with Jack-Jack,but it's Anna I'm after the most. If I can get her,that will only leave Mulan as the only set I have no characters from.

So we all know the daily award on the 15th is a legendary chest, but did anyone else notice that it also shows you the possible drops now? It’s all Incredibles, for me the top prize is the Elastigirl costume, then Frozone who I don’t have yet. So now I’m wondering if that is the only way to get the costume?

Two of my top items in the Legendary chest are Elastigirl (the character in her classic outfit, not the newer costume), and Syndrome's Zero Point Attraction - two items that I could get for a small amount of EC, but they unlock on the same day at the same time, which means the daily reward chest will pop-up before I can go and purchase these 2 items probably. Therefore the free Legendary chest will likely be a total waste and only save me a small amount of EC instead of giving me a shot at one of the other characters. This actually annoys me to no end, and has me thinking about messaging or posting on DMK's Facebook page, though I know it will go unanswered.... *grrrrr*

Does anyone know if I spend the 500EC on jack’s house if it will help with anything? I’m thinking I want to save all of my EC to get jack jack and elastic girl since I wasn’t playing yet during their event. If I have enough EC can I go back and buy stuff from earlier wks? Or once me move to wk 2 we cannot purchase stuff from wk 1 anymore. Thanks!

A little late to the posting, but so far I'm liking this event. For some of you who are posting that you are confused, it's pretty straight forward.

1) Return all of your Mickey & Friend's, Toy Story, Cinderella, and Nightmare before Christmas characters as well as Kristoph, Syndrome, and Tinker Belle.

2) To complete the 3 purple quests, you will need Jack, Jack & Sally, Jack & Oogie Boogie, each a 2 hour quest, then the purple quests stop.

3) Find the 4 buildings in your park that are cursed and tap each twice. These buildings are cursed at random, and 4 new buildings will be cursed in 4 hours. This will give you 4 Maleficent Coins, or EC, per building, or 16 every 4 hours.

4) Battle Maleficent. You can choose 4 characters to battle her at a time, 1 from each set of characters, and then Jack as your 5th character when he is not completing quests. That means, pending which characters are in your park, you have up to 6 Mickey & Friend's characters, 6 Toy Story Characters, 3 Cinderella characters, and 3 Nightmare Before Christmas Characters in addition to Jack to send out to battle every 2 hours. You get more event POINTS for having all the characters battling than you would for only having a couple characters battling.

5) Cooldown. When those characters get back, they need a cooldown period, except Jack who will never need a cooldown period. Choose 4 new characters and repeat till you are out of characters or your daily 24 hour refresh for all characters is available (I think it occurs 11am EST) After the 3rd battle, all of your Cinderella characters will have been used, so to send one of them back out, you need to refresh them with cocoa. This can be earned by sending Bullseye, Jessie, Tinker Belle, Kristoff, TS Alien, and Syndrome out on quests.

6) Event Points will count towards your leaderboard score as well as your chapter tasks. You need 20,000 points to get the maximum reward for each chapter. Click the Tower Challenge button and choose the top left button. This shows all the different challenges to meet by gathering event points. Click on each mile marker that you hit to collect your reward.

7) EC is used to purchase Jack Jack tokens or other older items from other sets. You earn EC by hitting your mile markers, placing well in the leaderboard, battling Maleficent, and clearing the curse from the various attractions. For every 200 EC you get, you can click on the present button in the Event Progress thingy and then choose something to spend the EC on. Once you purchase all 20 JackJack bottles, you are done until chapter 2 releases UNLESS you need one of the other items they offer.

Rinse and Repeat for chapters 2 and 3 except with different character sets.

So can I still get items from chapter 1 when it moves to chapter 2? I don’t have any nbc, frozen, or incredibles characters. I want to save my EC to figure out if I should get multiple characters and buildings or exchange them for tokens to get jack jack.

I don't mind this new type of event since it's something different. I miss the cool animations we've see with previous events though. My biggest complaint is that there's just too much unnecessary tapping especially when you need to return characters from home. You should be able to return a character directly when you're at the tower instead having it go into the storybook first (even if it asks you for confirmation, I still think think this would be easier than the current setup).

I have everyone in these character sets leveled up to 10 except for Fairy Godmother who is at 8. I got Jack in a free Legendary chest a while back but no other NBC characters. So I'm only getting a little over 200 EC after each battle. I have 10 Jack-Jack bottles right now. It will be slow going especially since I won't have Anna and Elastigirl for the future rounds. At least you pretty much know what you're getting each time. I think the idea is good but the execution is a little sloppy.

I'm really enjoying this event. I have 11 Bottles and am 18th with 5381 Points right now. When I opened my game up after 4pm local when I woke up the top people had over 12000 points but it appears I either jumped leaderboards or they fixed some cheating as my leader has 7769 now.

Last edited:
If I have enough EC can I go back and buy stuff from earlier wks? Or once me move to wk 2 we cannot purchase stuff from wk 1 anymore. Thanks!

So can I still get items from chapter 1 when it moves to chapter 2? I don’t have any nbc, frozen, or incredibles characters. I want to save my EC to figure out if I should get multiple characters and buildings or exchange them for tokens to get jack jack.

This is what I read from wikia page
http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tower_Challenge_Event_FAQ
Rewards for past chapters will stay available for the entire challenge.

6) Event Points will count towards your leaderboard score as well as your chapter tasks. You need 20,000 points to get the maximum reward for each chapter. Click the Tower Challenge button and choose the top left button. This shows all the different challenges to meet by gathering event points. Click on each mile marker that you hit to collect your reward.

It's interesting what Gameloft is doing for this event, though I do find it confusing.
But thanks to your post, I collected my reward and have enough EC to buy Jack :)

Does the 24 hr refresh use cocoa?and does it refresh all the characters who have gone out or do I just use a cocoa to refresh when needed as Only have 3 Cinderella in a group so each one has gone out once

So far I have 12 bottles for Jack Jack... and THUMPER! He's so cute when you get to welcome him. I think I must have been really, really lucky with the drops. He is on his first task, which takes 4 hours.[/QUote/]
I started the 24-hour "welcome" on Thumper yesterday morning, and since then was able to collect enough tokens to bring him right to level 2. Unfortunately, my brain wasn't working this morning, so right after welcoming him I fell for the exclamation point and started him on his 4 hour task. So much for trying to collect another round of Thumper tokens in the meantime.

Am I the only one embarrassed at how confused I am about the new timed event? I swear I stared at my phone screen for a solid 5 minutes just trying to decipher the tutorial enough to move forward.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, even after playing I still don't get what's happening. Haven't figured out the difference between points and tokens, read the tutorial a few times...:eeyore:

so, once I get 3,000 EC, can't I just buy Jack-Jack? I guess I'm wondering why I would need to collect his tokens now if I can just buy him outright, I already have 2,114 EC, so I should have enough to buy him by tonight or tomorrow morning. Or is it that once you buy him you have to buy tokens to level him up? And if that's the case, we can't buy his ear hats for 9 more days, correct?? So he'll have to stay at level 1 for 9 days... o_O

This is SO confusing...

so, once I get 3,000 EC, can't I just buy Jack-Jack? I guess I'm wondering why I would need to collect his tokens now if I can just buy him outright, I already have 2,114 EC, so I should have enough to buy him by tonight or tomorrow morning. Or is it that once you buy him you have to buy tokens to level him up? And if that's the case, we can't buy his ear hats for 9 more days, correct?? So he'll have to stay at level 1 for 9 days... o_O

This is SO confusing...

My understanding is that you will need to use EC to buy the 20 bottles, 20 cards, and 20 hats. Then an additional 3,000 EC to actually buy Jack Jack. So (20 hats X 200EC) + (20 Cards x 400EC) + (20 hats X 750EC) + 3,000 EC = 30,000 EC total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter