Disney Magic Kingdoms

I bit the bullet and used gems to respawn the blimps. 80 gems= 50 blimps. It still is asking if I want to respawn the blimps for 8 gems! I’ve stopped, but I don’t know how many blimps it is going to take, or if it is just going to take a certain amount of time whether you use gems or not. Yikes! Just thought I’d share.

The Wiki lists all the character tasks that can earn EC. The BH6 one isn't up yet, but you can use the previous event as a starting point. Lion King are the former event characters that help, so swap those in for BatB, otherwise things match up for the most part. http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Coins

Thanks. The old-fashioned method of taking them all out and sending most of them back was tedious but it worked.

Tapping to collect blimps is a nice change. Sure you have to wait two hours for them to respawn but it frees up other characters so we can send them out for the other tokens. I saw the numbers were to level up were fairly inflated in the livestream so hopefully this doesn’t hinder progress too much.

Totally agree. If they want us "checking in" more often, this is a much better way than those silly ropes/cages/whatever tasks, and much much less annoying. Love the pun and I, too, hope we won't need hundreds of these things.

My parade was fruitful. I have Hiro's tokens...only have 334 EC...Jessie's every 6 min is going to take awhile...

EDIT: 2 hr tasks finished. So I'm actually a lot closer than I thought. 491. Jessie & Goofy are now on 6 min task, so Welcoming Hiro will commence shortly.

Last edited:
Off topic, but...
Taking my first solo trip to Disney World after Labor Day. So many trips with my family, but this is a bonus “just for me” trip (free off-site hotel and car rental).

Park hopping 2 days.

Opinions....what would you do...

See Fantasmic?
Star Wars:A Galactic Spectacular?
Or Happily Ever After?

I saw Fantasmic about 17 yrs ago. Like Star Wars and plan to be in HS that day (would like to see Toy Story Land at night). Have seen HEA fireworks from Contemporary but never in the park.

Any other solo trip tips are appreciated. :thanks:[/QUOTE]

Of those three I think the Star Wars: Glactic Spectacular and Happily Ever after are the best shows, especially if you haven't seen them. I love Fantasmic! (love the part with the Steamboat Willie with all the characters) but would say the others are better

Only did one Solo trip (and wasn't that solo as met up with friends from time to time) but best tip is just to enjoy being solo and going where you want when you want, etc. Take advantage of mobile ordering when you can but also don't worry about eating alone if you want to do a table service

I think I was confused. I thought the blimps were like the birds before (tap 50 birds). But I’m starting to realize that they are how you get the common to the BH6 characters. Duh!!

yeah, you need them for the tokens for the characters ... I know, we have been trained to think these events would have one of those annoying things with getting two items needed to trap a bird or something, but they made it simplier this time

Welcomed Hiro rather quickly. He starts off with a 2 hour task to brainstorm ideas

Last edited:
Definitely looks like this is an event where we'll be having a currency crunch, the EC market has collapsed.

I think it MAY be just a first character slowdown. On all the other events we had to collect those other 2 items to turn into what we needed. So Welcoming the first character took a couple hours longer just to get that done. That little extra time gave us a window to collect EC so that when it was time to hit the Welcome button we had it. It's not like fewer characters can collect EC, or their tasks are longer, it's just that we're trying to Welcome a little faster.

So I've welcomed Hiro and GoGo and they are doing their tasks but when the blimps came up they were only circling a couple of buildings in tomorrowland and there was only 4 in total.

Is that what everyone is getting? Only started playing just before the last event so new to this one.

TIA

So I've welcomed Hiro and GoGo and they are doing their tasks but when the blimps came up they were only circling a couple of buildings in tomorrowland and there was only 4 in total.

Is that what everyone is getting? Only started playing just before the last event so new to this one.

TIA
I've collected blimps three times now, and it is has been 5 each time, every two hours.

TIA
If you tap on it on the left hand scroll bar, it will bring you to the blimps

Can we collect more common tokens than what we currently require. ie Hiro currently needs 5, while Go Go needs 15. Will the blimps stop producing common items once I hit 15 tokens, or can I collect them indefinitely?

Can we collect more common tokens than what we currently require. ie Hiro currently needs 5, while Go Go needs 15. Will the blimps stop producing common items once I hit 15 tokens, or can I collect them indefinitely?
In past events they always stopped giving items once you reach the limit. You’ll have to level up or unlock another character to get more items

Edit: I just collected my blimps again and it let me have 11 even tho characters only need 10 to level up. We’ll see if it’s because it didn’t actually collect yet or if we can have extras.

Yep, I had know about past events and how commons were handled. I had just seen above where someone had used gems to buy 50 floats, and was curious as to whether they got 50 common tokens, or did it top out at what was only required, thus meaning many of those gems would have been wasted on not getting any items. Would definitely be nice if we can continue collecting even when we've collected the current requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter