Disney Magic Kingdoms

Anyone else keep forgetting to click on those clams every 2 hours? :headache:

I’ve been setting a 1 or 2 hour timer throughout the day, so luckily I've only missed it by an hour at most.

Overall I think my days been successful, but I have made a few mistakes though. Went to send out my parade when the event started only to find out I missed clicking on one of my floats last night, never done that before. So I lost a parade out of that. Also have accidentally sent a few characters out on jobs when I should have leveled them. Mostly only cost me 1 or 2 hours, but I’m not gonna be able to do my 8 hour John Darling Level overnight.

On a positive note, we should be able to welcome Scuttle in the morning.

btw For those who complain about me being to negative, I tried to be very positive on the event today and think I’ve been fairly successful.:eek: :faint: :cheer2::banana:

Last edited:
I’ve been setting a 1 or 2 hour timer throughout the day, so luckily I've only missed it by an hour at most.

Overall I think my days been successful, but I have made a few mistakes though. Went to send out my parade when the event started only to find out I missed clicking on one of my floats last night, never done that before. So I lost a parade out of that.
Outside of adding in the recent event float(s), I don't bother changing out my parades, so I could never miss out on adding in the right number. I haven't found a need to change which ones are running, especially since I still need items from the BH6, Peter Pan, and Pooh floats. It's not like I sit there and watch it go around. I start it and then not bother with it again until it's over an I have to clear the check marks.

Also have accidentally sent a few characters out on jobs when I should have leveled them. Mostly only cost me 1 or 2 hours, but I’m not gonna be able to do my 8 hour John Darling Level overnight.
Which is exactly what I did. I figure I won't be ready to "welcome" Scuttle until after John is ready anyway, so I started him around 8pm and he'll be done at 2pm. One less character with an exclamation point above his head, and I can continue collecting John's tokens towards getting him to 10 at some point.

Anyone else keep forgetting to click on those clams every 2 hours? :headache:
Yep, although I'm not too terribly concerned actually. Little Mermaid is one of my least favorite films, so I'm not stressing about this event. I don't set alarms for real life things, so I'm not about to do so for a phone app :)

Lilo & Stitch characters can get EC for this event. Does anyone think they will help at some point?

Also, I’m itching to buy Eric (bec duh it’s Eric) but I’m not sure if he will be worth it. Never tried to buy any gem character on any event. And I’m scared he might need a gem building for future tokens or something. :bored:
It seems that we will need gems for a building, along with Flounder who is the other gem character. There are four buildings available and only three are required checkpoints for the event. So the fourth is going to be for gems, unless they have another scheme up their sleeves.

OK, let me check my characters while I still have a few quiet moments at the office this morning:

Sebastian 3 (ready for 4)
Eric 2 (ready for 3)

John
currently leveling to 9
Michael 6 (1 item each away from 7)

Jack Sparrow
9 (ready for 10)
Barbossa 8
Tia Dalma 6
Davy Jones 6 (1 chest away from 7)

Christopher Robin

Hiro
Baymax 7 (one of the two BH6 characters I've had to neglect)
Yokai 9
GoGo 9 (ready for 10, except for microbots)
Wasabi 7 (the other BH6 character I've had to neglect)

On an unrelated related note, has anyone else noticed that the game is now loading faster? Especially with the last update, it was taking forever to get off the load screen. Now it's taking far less time. Nice job interns. We knew you could do it.

Hoping to get Sebastian to 4 before Flounder opens. Poor Eric is stuck at 1, possibly for a long time since I can't get a single flute to drop from anything.

Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when you get happiness requests for attractions (the ones with the kids on the rollercoaster), and they want to go on things you don't own? I've been finding that this is a new thing and it's driving me nuts. I have like 8 kids running around with wish bubbles for things I don't have. I keep clicking on them and it brings up the shop screen. Blah

Finally got Wendy and spent the gems on Hook, only to get bogged down with collecting for Peter Pan. *sigh* On a happier note, Davy Jones is now available as a gem character (450) or in a $10 character/100 gems bundle if anyone is so inclined.

If the interns aren't offering new land with this update, then why did they expand the background to include Eric's palace & a pirate ship (the Black Pearl, maybe)?

Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying when you get happiness requests for attractions (the ones with the kids on the rollercoaster), and they want to go on things you don't own? I've been finding that this is a new thing and it's driving me nuts. I have like 8 kids running around with wish bubbles for things I don't have. I keep clicking on them and it brings up the shop screen. Blah

so this might be a dumb question - but how do you know what attraction they want to go on? I just see them always with that little roller coaster icon and then I click on it and they head off but I never know where they are headed or what they want until they get there

Goofy's 4 hour task for Scuttle token conflicts with Hiro's Bot token...so don't upgrade Hiro until you get Scuttle. I am like a bazillion tokens away from maxing him out (going from 9 to 10) so Goofy is going to be pretty useless for Scuttle collecting. There is also a conflict with Eric, but we need so few tokens from him, it shouldn't be a major problem.

Outside of adding in the recent event float(s), I don't bother changing out my parades, so I could never miss out on adding in the right number. I haven't found a need to change which ones are running, especially since I still need items from the BH6, Peter Pan, and Pooh floats. It's not like I sit there and watch it go around. I start it and then not bother with it again until it's over an I have to clear the check marks.

I should have worded that differently because I never change my parade floats either. When my parade ended and we’re ready to collect, I somehow only clicked on 4 or the 5 parade floats. So when I went to bed my 6 hour count down clock never began. I’m sure I’ve done that before, but don’t remember doing it.

so this might be a dumb question - but how do you know what attraction they want to go on? I just see them always with that little roller coaster icon and then I click on it and they head off but I never know where they are headed or what they want until they get there

That's the way it should be. Now for some reason when I click some of them, it brings up the shop screen. It will show Kaa's Jungle Gym for example, with one of the happy faces at the top right corner. It only does this on attractions I don't currently own that I have wishes for. Previously all of my wishes were only for attractions I own and had placed in my kingdom, so I would click them and they would run off. I've only been experiencing this for the last maybe 2 weeks or so and it's really annoying, especially because some of the rides I have wishes for are ones that cost gems like Haunted Mansion. It's like they're trying to be pushy about making me spend gems on unowned attractions.

That's the way it should be. Now for some reason when I click some of them, it brings up the shop screen. It will show Kaa's Jungle Gym for example, with one of the happy faces at the top right corner. It only does this on attractions I don't currently own that I have wishes for. Previously all of my wishes were only for attractions I own and had placed in my kingdom, so I would click them and they would run off. I've only been experiencing this for the last maybe 2 weeks or so and it's really annoying, especially because some of the rides I have wishes for are ones that cost gems like Haunted Mansion. It's like they're trying to be pushy about making me spend gems on unowned attractions.

ah ok, so it only happens if you don't have the attraction - got it

Yep, although I'm not too terribly concerned actually. Little Mermaid is one of my least favorite films, so I'm not stressing about this event. I don't set alarms for real life things, so I'm not about to do so for a phone app :)

Same. I find it annoying, but not annoying enough to set an alarm and disrupt my life for this game. Just silly of me to play the game and forget to collect the clams.

On an unrelated related note, has anyone else noticed that the game is now loading faster? Especially with the last update, it was taking forever to get off the load screen. Now it's taking far less time. Nice job interns. We knew you could do it.

Yep. I've noticed it too. Great improvement IMHO.

Yeah, that's really annoying. I don't blame you for complaining about this. In the past, I only had stuff like that going on when I had placed an attraction but it was still being built. Not a nice move at all, interns.

It seems that we will need gems for a building, along with Flounder who is the other gem character. There are four buildings available and only three are required checkpoints for the event. So the fourth is going to be for gems, unless they have another scheme up their sleeves.

Yeah, I think it’s the Under The Sea building which can be bought for gems. I just don’t know how much gems the building and Flounder will be. I might get gem-broke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter