Disney Magic Kingdoms

I will finally get to welcome the Mayor in a few hours. I can't believe I got enough event currency.

Same for me! I’m currently at 5800 EC, so don’t think I’ll make it. I’m almost at 9 million magic, so I don’t care about leveling to 2, but I hate the idea of having almost 10K “wasted” EC! LET US BUY MORE MAYOR ITEMS FOR IT!

Is it just me, or have the EC amounts been noticeably lower the last few days?

The EC amounts have been lower for me. As in, I had been averaging over 1000 EC each time I sent my Tower characters out, but the last few times it has been closer to 300. I have been having no issues hitting the event goals, but if this keeps up I won't be able to buy enough ribbons to get the Mayor. I sent in a ticket to customer care and am crossing my fingers they actually do something.

The EC amounts have been lower for me. As in, I had been averaging over 1000 EC each time I sent my Tower characters out, but the last few times it has been closer to 300. I have been having no issues hitting the event goals, but if this keeps up I won't be able to buy enough ribbons to get the Mayor. I sent in a ticket to customer care and am crossing my fingers they actually do something.
I'm the same way ... I only get 230 max and I have all the characters to send out. I am 3 ears short and need to send out the characters 3 times just to get one. Plus still need the 1000 EC so there is no way I have time to get the Mayor before the challenge ends. Please let me know if they do anything for you.

It sounds like you might be confusing EC with points. If you send five level 10 characters out, then the most EC you can get will be 250-280. The points that you can get will be 1500-1575.

Yes, I'd be even happier if I could just buy more items. I hate to see what I do have go to waste. I have 8K EC at the moment and YES, it does seem to be taking longer to get it over the last few days. I wouldn't put it past them to make it tougher at the end so people will pay money to get the Mayor.
Uh oh...sounds like you might be getting jaded! You are the "everything will work out person". :D

I can't believe I'm not going to get the Mayor to level 2. I have over 46k in points but a sorry 5800 in coins. I have been playing like crazy too. The interns really need to look at this.

:yay:Wreck It Ralph:yay: I'm okay with that theme...as long as he brings some land with him!!

It sounds like you might be confusing EC with points. If you send five level 10 characters out, then the most EC you can get will be 250-280. The points that you can get will be 1500-1575.

Holy moly, you're right. I think I mentioned before I was short on ribbons, but I'm actually short on hats. I don't think there's any way, unless I stay up all night, to get the currency I need to get the mayor. I have never come close to missing the end character on a Tower Challenge. To say I'm irritated is a serious understatement.

Holy moly, you're right. I think I mentioned before I was short on ribbons, but I'm actually short on hats. I don't think there's any way, unless I stay up all night, to get the currency I need to get the mayor. I have never come close to missing the end character on a Tower Challenge. To say I'm irritated is a serious understatement.

This was the same problem I noticed several days ago and did not explain very well. I still need like ten ears and won’t get there at this 200-300 a try.

I can't believe I'm not going to get the Mayor to level 2. I have over 46k in points but a sorry 5800 in coins. I have been playing like crazy too. The interns really need to look at this.

:yay:Wreck It Ralph:yay: I'm okay with that theme...as long as he brings some land with him!!

Mine is still not at L2. Usually with these events I can get them at least to 2 with a bunch of their items needed for 3. It's definitely harder this time.

Last edited:
So, like others, I won't have enough EC to buy the items needed to get the Mayor to level 2. Is it worth spending the EC on items (if so, which one?) or hold on to them for the gem conversion? I thought that last time (or at least the last time there was a villains challenge), one of the token changed after the event ended so any tokens in hand didn't help (was it the lowest level token?).

This was the same problem I noticed several days ago and did not explain very well. I still need like ten ears and won’t get there at this 200-300 a try.

You’re definitely correct about confusing the points and coins. I just figured it out this tower event. I thought the first batch of points were for the first 3 characters and the second header for EC was points for the featured collection and featured character.

That said, EC really does seem to be coming considerably slower for chapter 3. Maybe they had more character missions and/or EC. Whatever it is something broke the last few days.

Wreck It Ralph I'm okay with that theme...as long as he brings some land with him!!

Agree something is messed up with chapter 3. we should have gotten the Mayor to level 2 fairly easily. And it looks like we’re not gonna make it.

Also, did anyone else just get the make sure to use all your Magnificent coins before the event ends pop up? That message really kinda ticks me off, because I’d love to be able to use all my EC but there’s a good chance the interns won’t let me. Just let us spend it on EXTRA Mayor items!!! At 8-10K EC I’ll have it won’t even be enough to level the Mayor up to 3. And if I somehow get to 10K EC it’s wasted because I’d rather spend magic to level anyways

So, like others, I won't have enough EC to buy the items needed to get the Mayor to level 2. Is it worth spending the EC on items (if so, which one?) or hold on to them for the gem conversion? I thought that last time (or at least the last time there was a villains challenge), one of the token changed after the event ended so any tokens in hand didn't help (was it the lowest level token?).

Yeah it's the megaphone (cheapest one) that usually is the one that isn't needed once the event is over. YMMV

You’re definitely correct about confusing the points and coins. I just figured it out this tower event. I thought the first batch of points were for the first 3 characters and the second header for EC was points for the featured collection and featured character.

That said, EC really does seem to be coming considerably slower for chapter 3. Maybe they had more character missions and/or EC. Whatever it is something broke the last few days.

Agree something is messed up with chapter 3. we should have gotten the Mayor to level 2 fairly easily. And it looks like we’re not gonna make it.

Also, did anyone else just get the make sure to use all your Magnificent coins before the event ends pop up? That message really kinda ticks me off, because I’d love to be able to use all my EC but there’s a good chance the interns won’t let me. Just let us spend it on EXTRA Mayor items!!! At 8-10K EC I’ll have it won’t even be enough to level the Mayor up to 3. And if I somehow get to 10K EC it’s wasted because I’d rather spend magic to level anyways
Totally agree :worship: How are we supposed to use our ec when there is nothing we can actually buy? Flawed planning on their part. Guess they are not playing the Tower Event themselves.

I got him to L2 just now, and I have no EC but hope to get a bit more so I can grab a few more of his items. It wasn't easy to get this far. And I don't like how there is nothing to do with the extra EC - that's been an issue for me in previous challenges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter