Disney Magic Kingdoms

FYI - premium characters are Calhoun and Fix it Felix

and the Princesses with Casual Costumes are Cinderella, Jasmine, Belle, and Ariel

Sooo I’m not sure if I should buy Calhoun or not. She costs 200 gems and I only have three something. I’d rather have Felix

I was happy I had 410 gems so I used them to get the float, Calhoun, and the pie stand. I have bought the parade bundle in the past on some events but I am so non-plussed about not having the Bambi Ice Rink or Steam Boat Willie yet, that I decided not to give them my real money. Then I found a platinum chest in my Kingdom. If I get one of those 2 attractions tomorrow, I may feel bad for not purchasing the bundle... nah, probably not.

I saw that too - but thought it was on purpose since it is like a computer game theme and he breaks the internet, etc. .... but yeah, probably not

and on the Event Goals screen it is listed as "Welcome RUNTIME.ERROR.57."

That possibility crossed my mind too. But we've seen this type of error in the past. It would be a bit clever if it was intentional.

All of the tasks are written in some sort of computer errors and file structure code, so I'm sure it is intentional.

Wow, it took a lot of work to get everyone out of storage and earning EC. I hope I didn't miss anyone. I see the turn 2 items into 1 item is back, so I'm sure there will be a lot of howling from the peanut gallery later.

I was like, totally ready for Jack and Sally to move away from Mayor collection duty weren't you... whose brilliant idea was that!

Surprised to see the Mermaid crew collect EC. So I guess I'm working on upgrading Ariel. I was at that point already in IOS, but I would have preferred to work on Triton and Ursula in my Windows game.

Nice to see older event characters put to use (Aladdin, BatB, Frozen, Mrs. Incredible) but I wonder how the newer players are going to fare.

Huuuuge list of characters who can collect event currency for this one! Not sure if that's part of the glitch along with the names, but it was nice to take Aladdin and Batb characters out of storage again.

Sad that once again Donald is useless during an event and this time Minnie and Pluto join him in being useless so far. Weird that some of the previous standard characters aren't being used this time around but not a big deal.

Not happy that TLM characters are earning currency as I'm still trying to get tokens for Triton, Ursula, and Ariel to get them from 9-10 and now that will be put completely on hold until this event is over.

Glad they opened up that plot of land finally, but I wish they had given us 2 but I know better than to expect it.

Totally dislike the new princess costumes. If I unlock them easily and they prove useful, great, otherwise I will be taking them off immediately and never using them again.

In better news, even though I still don't have Bambi ice rink or Steam Boat Willie attractions, the Mayor token drops have been ok for me- better than TLM sadly. Mayor is half way from 4 to 5. Progress will slow with Jack and Sally collecting event currency, but should pick up again when WIR is over.

Huuuuge list of characters who can collect event currency for this one! Not sure if that's part of the glitch along with the names, but it was nice to take Aladdin and Batb characters out of storage again.

Sad that once again Donald is useless during an event and this time Minnie and Pluto join him in being useless so far. Weird that some of the previous standard characters aren't being used this time around but not a big deal.

Not happy that TLM characters are earning currency as I'm still trying to get tokens for Triton, Ursula, and Ariel to get them from 9-10 and now that will be put completely on hold until this event is over.

Glad they opened up that plot of land finally, but I wish they had given us 2 but I know better than to expect it.

Totally dislike the new princess costumes. If I unlock them easily and they prove useful, great, otherwise I will be taking them off immediately and never using them again.

In better news, even though I still don't have Bambi ice rink or Steam Boat Willie attractions, the Mayor token drops have been ok for me- better than TLM sadly. Mayor is half way from 4 to 5. Progress will slow with Jack and Sally collecting event currency, but should pick up again when WIR is over.
Do you have a full list of EC characters ?

It looks like this event is going to give me the chance to finally get Belle without having to rely on a random legendary chest (aka sundial box)!

I missed the BATB event and have gotten a few pieces but not her

as a newer player (right now half way through defeating zurg) it´s great that i have a bunch of characters that finally can do something in an event.actually almost all of em.sadly aladin can´t as he is far from the required level 3 yet..
i´m not sure how to handle this zurg thing now though.on one hand i will open a new area and new characters which might be able to help in this long event.on the other hand i could miss out on currency at the end if i keep them busy in their 12h tasks.what would u guys do in my shoes?

I think I'm going to have to try to watch the first movie again. I have no idea who these characters are and frankly it's not fun playing the game when I don't "get" the storyline. I'm not going to the theaters to watch the sequel though. So many characters can get EC that I just took them ALL out of storage and put back the ones that don't collect it. I think it was faster (but super annoying) that way.

It looks like this event is going to give me the chance to finally get Belle without having to rely on a random legendary chest (aka sundial box)!

I missed the BATB event and have gotten a few pieces but not her

If you're referring to the costume,you have to have Belle first.

It looks like the Princesss Dressing Room is not premium content!Sweet!

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US and Happy today to everyone else.

Wasn’t able to start event until a few minutes ago, but my initial observations.

Pros:
  • Like usual new characters look nice.
  • Lots of characters collect EC!!!
  • 2/1 is back? (BOO), but looks improved?
  • The Visiting home badge for characters who collect tokens/items is very useful.

Cons:
  • No clue who characters are (my issue though since I never saw the movie)
  • Characters collecting for Mayor and B&W costumes also collect for this event.
  • 2/1 is back?
  • No Visiting Home badge for characters who colllect EC.
  • Haven’t fixed how items (Virus) can go hide behind/between building making it impossible to select sometimes.
Also, anyone else find it really hard to see Pop Up Ad art? I’ve been lucky enough to kinda guess and properly click.

I want to see it too. Heard it is really good. But I lost the vote so I'm being dragged off to Fantastic Beasts...and well...we all know how the reviews are on that one. Hopefully Ralph next weekend!!
I saw fantastic beasts last night. A bit long, but I liked it.

So far event is good. Definitely glad that there are a LONG list of characters who help with EC. To all celebrating, happy thanksgiving.

A few other things.

Goofy and Jessie's 6 min tasks for EC are toast. Boo!
Tinker Bell's 1 hr task for EC is toast. Yay! I hate trying to collect her around the Castle.

Ariel now uses EC instead of Magic to level up. Boo!

I think the changes about the 2/1 are fine. We were always complaining about the uneven collection potential. So now the first one needs 3 but the 2nd only needs 1. So hopefully that will balance things out. But I was never bothered too much about the 2/1 in the first place.

I was hoping the 3rd character would open before my trip. But it only opens the morning of. I might be able to get one collection in before we head to the airport. So now I'm a little concerned about finishing the event in my Windows game. But by planning on buying the 2nd Premium character bundle, that will free up 450 gems that I can maybe use for buying tokens if they aren't dropping fast enough, or finishing tasks early. I'm also concerned about having enough EC, but I am really not interested in the Comfy Princess costumes, so I will sacrifice those to get the WIR buildings built.

So after Ralph finishes his 2 hr task you build the Princess Dressing Room. Wow! That thing is huge!

Boo! At level 1, Ralph doesn't have a 1 hr task. He has a 4 hr task, but I'm not sending him out when I only need one item to drop to level him to 2. I don't want to send him home already! So his little character icon is going to sit there, annoyingly.

Last edited:
Have they ever done that, take an existing character (Ariel) and made you need EC to level up. She was waiting to go to 10 for me because I wanted to be able to welcome who I could today. I guess she’ll wait until after the even now. To me they are really showing contempt. I have 3 non event characters to get tokens for, Triton, Ursula, and the mayor and now all those who collect for them need to collect EC. Annoying in some respect.

Edit. I’m now guessing that they changed Ariel because when we get her ‘comfy costume’ it will need EC, so it makes sense I suppose. Can anyone who has one of the other princesses that has a new costume and is not at level 10 confirm this?

Last edited:

Agreed, I don’t like the princess costumes either. They even look like the new princesses, not the classic look.

Have they ever done that, take an existing character (Ariel) and made you need EC to level up. She was waiting to go to 10 for me because I wanted to be able to welcome who I could today. I guess she’ll wait until after the even now. To me they are really showing contempt. I have 3 non event characters to get tokens for, Triton, Ursula, and the mayor and now all those who collect for them need to collect EC. Annoying in some respect.

Edit. I’m now guessing that they changed Ariel because when we get her ‘comfy costume’ it will need EC, so it makes sense I suppose. Can anyone who has one of the other princesses that has a new costume and is not at level 10 confirm this?

It's not just Ariel. I took a look at Cinderella and I see that it's the same situation with her. I haven't looked at Belle or Jasmine but I assume they all need the EC.

I think I'm going to have to try to watch the first movie again. I have no idea who these characters are and frankly it's not fun playing the game when I don't "get" the storyline. I'm not going to the theaters to watch the sequel though. So many characters can get EC that I just took them ALL out of storage and put back the ones that don't collect it. I think it was faster (but super annoying) that way.

Just an FYI the second page of characters are all from the new movie only - the first page characters are in both movies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter