Disney Magic Kingdoms

I’m not gonna lie....I’m thinking about getting rid of the game. It causes me to be on my phone far too often and Dh is getting a little ticked about it. It’s not necessarily the game’s fault but I may be addicted

Can you “schedule” your phone time when he’s otherwise occupied? Not at all suggesting that you sneak to play the game - unless that would make it more exciting!

Do you still enjoy the game? If not, maybe it’s tme for a break although I would really miss your posts.

PS - I understand about the possibility of addiction since I’m the one who agonized over blowing all my free gems to stay up all night to play in a (probably vain) attempt to win the Animation Attraction a few weeks ago. Even though I decided not to, it still bothers the completetist in me not to have that dang building.

PS - I understand about the possibility of addiction since I’m the one who agonized over blowing all my free gems to stay up all night to play in a (probably vain) attempt to win the Animation Attraction a few weeks ago. Even though I decided not to, it still bothers the completetist in me not to have that dang building.
You are really missing out by not having that attraction. For instance, every Monday the park visitors go there for a free breakfast. It's so cute to watch every single one of the kids come out eating pancakes, french toast, or omelettes. And I won't even think about teasing you with what happens on Fridays!

Welcomed Cri-Kee last night just before bed. I thought I needed another 2 hour challenge since I was short just a few EC. Sent my characters on the challenge then found enough buildings cursed to put me 4 EC under the 2000 needed. Then I found those silly firecrakers. So I got to welcome the cricket earlier than I expected and had 2 EC leftover. WooHoo! I'm trying to get the comfy fabric now.

You are really missing out by not having that attraction. For instance, every Monday the park visitors go there for a free breakfast. It's so cute to watch every single one of the kids come out eating pancakes, french toast, or omelettes. And I won't even think about teasing you with what happens on Fridays!

Uuuggghhh...just mean!!!

I’m not gonna lie....I’m thinking about getting rid of the game. It causes me to be on my phone far too often and Dh is getting a little ticked about it. It’s not necessarily the game’s fault but I may be addicted

I understand the frustration and contemplating quitting the game, but you would be missed on the board.

Also, don’t let the game off that easy, it is the fault of many of these types of games that work on and amplify the addictive aspects of them and gotten it down to a science. They don’t care about us, they care about the money and have no problem with non Whales quitting the game.

The biggest issue/problem with this event is they amplified the difficulty and time requirements if you want to Cri-Kee and the possibility of Mulans comfy outfit. Which I have zero interest in, but not getting it would bug me, if that makes any sense. :rotfl: Add in the fact they’re having a live stream tomorrow and I think a decent number of players will also be contemplating quitting too.

If I get rid of the game I’m gonna have to stay on here just to read your posts lol

Can you “schedule” your phone time when he’s otherwise occupied? Not at all suggesting that you sneak to play the game - unless that would make it more exciting!

Do you still enjoy the game? If not, maybe it’s tme for a break although I would really miss your posts.

I think overall I really need to cut back on my screen time and if I have to choose between this game or disboards I’m staying with the dis. I also play animal crossing and that takes up time too. I’ve recently just really gotten into my phone games I guess.

I understand the frustration and contemplating quitting the game, but you would be missed on the board.

Also, don’t let the game off that easy, it is the fault of many of these types of games that work on and amplify the addictive aspects of them and gotten it down to a science. They don’t care about us, they care about the money and have no problem with non Whales quitting the game.

The biggest issue/problem with this event is they amplified the difficulty and time requirements if you want to Cri-Kee and the possibility of Mulans comfy outfit. Which I have zero interest in, but not getting it would bug me, if that makes any sense. :rotfl: Add in the fact they’re having a live stream tomorrow and I think a decent number of players will also be contemplating quitting too.
I may just scale back to checking like once in the morning and once at night and that’s it

I think overall I really need to cut back on my screen time and if I have to choose between this game or disboards I’m staying with the dis. I also play animal crossing and that takes up time too. I’ve recently just really gotten into my phone games I guess.
My DH also hates this game. So I really try to avoid playing around him and that’s not to hide it from him, but more so to respect our time together. Instead I make quick plays during bathroom breaks. I might be more behind than others, but we’re both happy.

I may just scale back to checking like once in the morning and once at night and that’s it
You can decide what you want from the game as well. No game should take over someone's life. Once the cost of everything was leaked in this event, it made it easy to see that the choice was to let the game run my life or just not participate. It's been a wonderful decision. I check when I can, level up characters I want to level, not feel like I *need* to level. Very casual. I am not an "I need everything" person either. I think I've maybe made one purchase with Merlin's elixirs. I decided to focus on characters and not outfits or buildings. I hoard my gems to by event premium characters and then get what i can. I've found it far more enjoyable to limit what I do rather than try to complete as much as I can in as short a time as possible.

Probably the exact opposite of what Gameloft wants, but they made this bed for themselves.

Forgive me if this has been brought up somewhere among the 1249 pages, but after over 2 years of playing, I finally noticed this: Buzz... ...he sometimes says the “the local flora is impressive.” I don’t believe he has ever said this in any movie or TV show, correct? Well, all this time, I think I’ve been hearing it wrong. What if all this time he has really been saying The local, Flora, is impressive!”

Probably the exact opposite of what Gameloft wants, but they made this bed for themselves.

Sadly, I’m sure they’ve run the number and have analytics, right or wrong, that show what they’re doing “the right thing” (for them). They will gladly throw away long time loyal players if they think the they will pull in more new players. I understand the rigid, but think it’s really short sighted.

I agree with what others are saying. I try to respect my personal health and family time by not being on my phone, setting timers, staying up all night, etc. It's just a game. I don't have to have it all. 10 years from now nobody will remember this game, but we will hopefully have wonderful memories of family, friends, vacations, etc. In other words, don't let Gameloft trap you into thinking you need to play it all the time, or collect every last thing.

When Disneyland was celebrating their 50th anniversary, they had a magnificent game called VMK (Virtual Magic Kingdom) even though it came out over 13 years ago, it is still a zillion times better than this game. Unlike a variety of other Disney internet based games, this one was entirely free, yet lasted 3 years. The belief was that they finally decided to end it after a horrificly bad quest pissed off every single one of their fan base, but really, even the paid games closed a few years after.

Anyway, the only thing DMK has going for it is that you can play it on your phone. That technology simply wasn’t around in 2005-2008. When the hype of this new 60th anniversary game came, I was really hoping that it would be more interactive like VMK, not simply a direct clone of every cheap farming game ever. With VMK, Disney offered premium content if you bought certain pins in the park. Such was the same with World of Cars, if you bought a diecast model. You could even do quests inside the physical park and earn content in the game if you completed it. But when the game closed, a lot of fans asked why Disney never sold virtual content? Exclusive magic, or an outfit, or a hat. It was so interactive that other players saw what you had and wanted even the free stuff. Some questioned paying for a month service. In World if Cars, this service gave your vehicle an exclusive look, and was cheap enough to agree to. I just don’t understand why Disney just allowed Gameloft licensing rights rather than make their own magical presence on your phone.

Two empty drops with only the fabric as an option. Even my cocoas have slowed to an abysmal rate.
Funny how these things happen right towards the end of an event, huh? Especially when there is a bundle offered. I got three fabrics pretty quickly, and once the bundle was offered, my drops have dried up all day. Still have two days left to get the final three. Sorry Gameloft, you aren't getting my money once again.

Forgive me if this has been brought up somewhere among the 1249 pages, but after over 2 years of playing, I finally noticed this: Buzz... ...he sometimes says the “the local flora is impressive.” I don’t believe he has ever said this in any movie or TV show, correct? Well, all this time, I think I’ve been hearing it wrong. What if all this time he has really been saying The local, Flora, is impressive!”
I don't think any of these sound bites are from movies. They're just random lines provided by voicematch artists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter