Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm guessing "over time" the drop rates work out to be correct. But we have an issue, where we have limited time to complete an event. A series of successful drops in a row, to pull up the average, does us no good if the event is over and those theoretical successful drops can't have a chance to occur. Ideally, the closer we get to the end of an event the easier the drops should come. So the balancing occurs before the event is over. But I'm sure they can't do that because reasons.

I have Facilier in both games, but I have a lousy drop rate for the Fabric. 2 in Windows and 0 in IOS. Good thing I got over the costumes awhile ago.

I agree. And this is why I hate timed events. It doesn't really matter when it happens with the regular characters, but it sure does when you only have 2 days to collect something.

I think what’s most frustrating is that the drop rates don’t correlate with the tags the interns assign them (rare, epic...etc.) I welcomed Dr. F last night and after his first fabric collection I received one fabric. Fabric is listed as rare. I began sending him out every 60 minutes today beginning at 6am when I woke up. He’s come back 12 times today with zip, zilch, zippo. This should not be the case with a token marked “rare.” Meanwhile, I’ve collected enough “epic” tokens to level Dr.F up twice. Why are my “epic” tokens dropping pretty much every other time and my “rare” token haven’t dropped in 12 collections? This is what I find most frustrating.

I also want to say I sympathize with those of you struggling to welcome Dr.F. I had this issue last event. In 48 hours I didn’t receive any tokens for the needed character.

I'm guessing "over time" the drop rates work out to be correct. But we have an issue, where we have limited time to complete an event. A series of successful drops in a row, to pull up the average, does us no good if the event is over and those theoretical successful drops can't have a chance to occur. Ideally, the closer we get to the end of an event the easier the drops should come. So the balancing occurs before the event is over. But I'm sure they can't do that because reasons.

I have Facilier in both games, but I have a lousy drop rate for the Fabric. 2 in Windows and 0 in IOS. Good thing I got over the costumes awhile ago.

I agree. And this is why I hate timed events. It doesn't really matter when it happens with the regular characters, but it sure does when you only have 2 days to collect something.

Completely agree that it should balance itself out over time, but like you said, time limited events really emphasizethe inconsistency’s. Also think message board can really make it seem worse, or better, than it really is.

I think what’s most frustrating is that the drop rates don’t correlate with the tags the interns assign them (rare, epic...etc.) I welcomed Dr. F last night and after his first fabric collection I received one fabric. Fabric is listed as rare. I began sending him out every 60 minutes today beginning at 6am when I woke up. He’s come back 12 times today with zip, zilch, zippo. This should not be the case with a token marked “rare.” Meanwhile, I’ve collected enough “epic” tokens to level Dr.F up twice. Why are my “epic” tokens dropping pretty much every other time and my “rare” token haven’t dropped in 12 collections? This is what I find most frustrating.

I also want to say I sympathize with those of you struggling to welcome Dr.F. I had this issue last event. In 48 hours I didn’t receive any tokens for the needed character.

Sadly, that’s always been an issue. Have the ever given us drop rate percentage for rarity levels? A little more transparency would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Im fairly sure they have ultered drop rate percentages for items during events before.

Well my luck has dried up...after more than 36 hours and probably a good 20-24 chances at collecting, still at only 7 comfy fabric. With a day and a half left I would hope that the last two fabric will drop, but who knows.

I've continued to level up although I'm pretty much out of gumbo now.

Naveen - 6 (need gumbo to level)
Eudora - 7 (need gumbo to level)
Odie - 5 (need gumbo to level)
Charlotte - 5
Louis - 6
Tiana - 5
Facilier - 3

42k EC
12 gumbo

Other characters:
Anastasia - 8
Drizella - 8 ready for 9
Elsa - 5
Mulan - 6

Last edited:

I have 4 pendants now so there is hope, but it might be close. I did send in a ticket because this is a bit ridiculous for someone who bought both premium characters. I don't think there's any chance I can get the comfy outfit, but I've kind of gotten used to that by now. I don't have Ariel or Mulan's either and I don't care about them too much.

Still no fabric in my IOS game. So my new "goal" for this game is to get no fabric at all, while still sending him out. Fabric drops are now "failures."

In Windows, I have 5, so perhaps, there is a chance.

Well, just to show how messed up drop rates are, after struggling to get Dr. F I just collected my 9th, and final fabric! Took me a little over 24 hours, but can’t start Tianas Comfy costume until the morning. Was stuck at 7 for a few hours and decided that sending her on heron her 6 hour quest with Naveen might improve her drops. Of course the final 2 dropped in the next 2 hours. :thumbsup2

In what felt like pulling teeth, the final hat finally dropped for Dr. F. In 2 hours I can begin to collect comfy fabric. 1 day & 5 hours left in the event, the odds are not in favor of getting the 9 comfy fabric especially since I've got an actual root canal scheduled tomorrow and I would like to sleep tonight.

Been about 24 hours since welcoming Facilier and I have 2 whole fabrics to show for it. Also leveled up all characters as much as I could before the gumbo shortage kicked in. Hoping to get at least one more leveled before the end.

Started collecting for Dr. F as soon as he unlocked. Got the hats the first day. Been stuck on 2 necklaces since the second collection from Naveen.

Doesn’t look like I will get Dr. F. Bummer. Had both premium characters, but no building, so I guess I’m just out of luck.

Started collecting for Dr. F as soon as he unlocked. Got the hats the first day. Been stuck on 2 necklaces since the second collection from Naveen.

Doesn’t look like I will get Dr. F. Bummer. Had both premium characters, but no building, so I guess I’m just out of luck.

I have the opposite problem. I had two of each and then started getting the necklaces and was stuck on the 2 Ear Hats for Dr. Faciller. I finally now have 5, so I still have a bit of hope that I might get those last two today and be able to welcome him in time. I don't have Charlotte as I ran out of gems. I do have the buildings and the parade float.

Maybe I should get some friends on the gameloft side to help with these drop rates for fabric. Almost as bad has Dr. F was. I'm surprised at how low EC I have is. Prolly end with 28k if I get the last fabric drops.

Just collected the last comfy costume fabric. Of course, I wasn’t very optimistic and Tiana has 3 or 4 hours left on her current task. Guess she’ll be in comfy clothes for dinner. Haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter