Disney Magic Kingdoms

Down to needing one more Dr. Faciller Ear Hat before I can welcome him! Hopefully that last one drops in 4hrs.

Well, as bad as my drops were the first day they were pretty good today and currently welcoming Tiana’s comfy costume

I know things can get a bit tedious but I still like the game - fun to pick up and play a few minutes at a time

One more freakin pendant. It's just not fun to me. I think I'm still getting rid of the game even if I get him. A game should be fun, not stressful. They have events all the time on Animal Crossing and they are so manageable. I usually finish them way ahead of time and sometimes they give you "Extra" goals to work towards if you finish early.

I welcomed Dr F first thing yesterday morning. I've managed to collect 3 fabrics. 3 in 2 full days. Granted, I didn't get to play as often today because of work. Still though. Glad I don't care about the costume. I'm sorry for those that haven't had luck with the Dr himself.

Might have to look into that Animal Crossing game- I loved the original. I need something I can step away from and not have to worry. How is AC in that aspect? This game certainly ain't it.

One more freakin pendant. It's just not fun to me. I think I'm still getting rid of the game even if I get him. A game should be fun, not stressful. They have events all the time on Animal Crossing and they are so manageable. I usually finish them way ahead of time and sometimes they give you "Extra" goals to work towards if you finish early.

Increasing the number of events, reducing the time between them, making you log in more often for less, things taking longer to get, EC totals decreasing, not introducing new types of events. All signs of a game in the decline and desperately in search of new revenue sources. They are willing to lose there loyal long time players in return for newer players who might spend real money because they have yet to wise up.

The funny thing is they probably could have previously made money for me if they offered plots of land for cash a year ago. There refusal to open land and other decisions have guaranteed that they will not make another penny from me.

I welcomed Dr F first thing yesterday morning. I've managed to collect 3 fabrics. 3 in 2 full days. Granted, I didn't get to play as often today because of work. Still though. Glad I don't care about the costume. I'm sorry for those that haven't had luck with the Dr himself.

Might have to look into that Animal Crossing game- I loved the original. I need something I can step away from and not have to worry. How is AC in that aspect? This game certainly ain't it.
It’s called animal crossing pocket camp. I would add you if you get it! There’s a social aspect to the game that I love because you get to help other players. You can play at your own speed. They do events but you don’t have to complete them. I feel like they are pretty easy to participate in though. The events can give you clothes, furniture, new characters. It just varies but the events usually go along with what season it is. It’s a very stress free game.

I got none today despite being on top of it time wise. None. Still sitting at 3 pendants so that's not going to happen.

I posted that I had 2 pendants this morning. Collected as often as possible today (not using gems to speed tasks) and drumroll .... I have two pendants tonight. So, Dr. F is not happening.

Especially frustrating since I wasn't stressed during the whole of the event. I managed to unlock characters just before time walls hit and collections up until now had been good.

Oh well. At least I'll get an okay gem conversion.

I posted that I had 2 pendants this morning. Collected as often as possible today (not using gems to speed tasks) and drumroll .... I have two pendants tonight. So, Dr. F is not happening.

Especially frustrating since I wasn't stressed during the whole of the event. I managed to unlock characters just before time walls hit and collections up until now had been good.

I was actually doing really well during the event. My drops were really good and I finished most of them way before the time walls but this one just isn’t happening for me

Based on yesterday's drops, I thought I would at least get the costume in my Windows game. But today, it's only been a single drop getting me to 6. IOS game, finally came around and I'm up to 8. But bedtime is quickly approaching, and I usually sleep late and so getting it done tomorrow, seems unlikely. I do have a bunch of gems, so I could gem through his task a couple times. But do I want to? I guess if I'm thinking about quitting, the gems are meaningless. I guess I will decide when DH gets up to go to work.

The costume takes 4 hours, have we determined if we need to have collected it by the Event end, or just need to have hit the welcome button? Otherwise, I may have to gem through that 2 minutes before the event ends.

Lol you guys I said screw it and started using gems. I sped up naveen’s task and he gave me the last pendant I needed. I used gems to instantly welcome dr. Facilier. I then used gems to keep going through his tasks and now have enough for tiana’s comfy costume lol. She’s on a 2-hr task that requires 8 gems to speed up and I have 7 left so I’ll wait a little bit then speed her task up.

This sounds crazy BUT I spent less than 150 gems which is how much the palace cost...

Ha ha, on my final collection before bed, I got the last fabric on IOS. Although, I had sent Tiana on a non-event 8 hour task with Charlotte! So I had to use gems to speed that up. Will collect in the morning and do the 2 hr task then.

Trying to gem for the last 2 in Windows now. 1 gem to finish the first try, then 4 more tries, and not a single fabric. I don't have a lot of gems to play with.

EDIT: Next two came through, I also had to speed up Tiana's overnight task. Have 31 gems remaining.

Last edited:
They are willing to lose there loyal long time players in return for newer players who might spend real money because they have yet to wise up.

The funny thing is they probably could have previously made money for me if they offered plots of land for cash a year ago. There refusal to open land and other decisions have guaranteed that they will not make another penny from me.
They obviously no longer care about you and they no longer care about me. They gave up on smart players who know better and can target newer players who are low on magic and by now are missing dozens of characters.

I don't agree with offering plots of land for cash, though. A plot of land in a game like this shouldn't be considered an "in-app purchase". My little nephew plays Fortnite and he uses gift cards to gain skins/costumes and weapons, not playable territory on the game board. Their refusal to release land is not about making money (one of the few things not about cash, apparently). They claim that it is a possible programming issue. Which it clearly isn't. There are games out there with far more moving parts and much larger game maps. So stop trying to pretend allowing me to place a building in that section is any different than placing it where it is now. That's nonsense.

At this point we have magic in the millions, which is something that they were not counting on. So rather than be inventive about creating new ways for us to use it, they simply artificially inflate the requirements to welcome a character or open a plot of land, which further frustrates the newer players.

So no, money for land doesn't make a bit of sense and is a poor addition to player experience. It could be available for cash to players who are short on magic, but that isn't you or me. Personally I would be disappointed if they decided to start unnecessarily selling land. Paying to allow us to expand their playing board is simply not good business.

Last edited:
Well I’m not going to have enough fabric for the comfy costume which I’m not upset about as I wanted to use the EC for gems anyway. Stupid comfy are so pointless, and the dressing room takes up way too much needed space. And they look stupid when they’re in their comfy costumes... not classic disney.

Have I mentioned how much I hate the comfy costumes? Lol

Increasing the number of events, reducing the time between them, making you log in more often for less, things taking longer to get, EC totals decreasing, not introducing new types of events. All signs of a game in the decline and desperately in search of new revenue sources. They are willing to lose there loyal long time players in return for newer players who might spend real money because they have yet to wise up.

I agree about the land. I have 169 characters, most at home. 40 are on the board now due to EC so many will be going home in a couple of hours. If TBTB had any sense, they would develop an event that didn't add more characters. Given all the griping about land, make that the prize. Attractions have ceased to be an enticement since we have more of those than can be displayed. Concessions can be helpful for EC and for the newbies assuming one has space. Forget decorations, besides no room for them they barely have value even to Merlin. This game so entertaining in the beginning has become a chore.

Same here. No problems at all until Dr Facilier. Hit all the time walls until he got unlocked and since then all drops seems to have slowed way down. Got nothing this morning either and I'm so frustrated that I'm refusing to use gems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter