Disney Magic Kingdoms

For those that have started...what does token collection for Nemo’s dad look like?
For the 30 Masks if you don’t have Nemo’s Sub voyage enhanced, you can only collect with 2 characters.

If you can enhance the attraction it looks like all Nemo characters can individually collect the mask and range from 4-8 hours.

71488144-49FF-4EDB-8945-E19228D5FC76.jpeg

(Is the ability to add a photo from you camera/film roll new?)

Without purchasing the premium characters (mainly Hank), I'm not sure it's even possible to get Marlin (I guess it's technically possible, but you'd need to be really efficient and very lucky). Only Nemo (8 hour) and Dory (8 hour) can collect the ear hats without having enchanted one or more of the attractions. Squirt (4 hour) and Crush (6 hour) can collect the goggles, but you need Bruce (6 hour task with Nemo) and/or building enchantments for other characters. And as always, if any of your other Nemo characters need tokens there are some conflicts/overlaps. They're really pushing the building enchantment hard this event...

P.Sherman Mask
Hank (2 hour) - overlaps with Marlin Ears Hat
Nemo (8 hour)
Dory (8 hour) [Level 4]
Dory + Enchanted Sub (4 hr) - overlaps with Marlin Ears Hat
Bruce + Enchanted Seas (6 hr) [overlaps with Squirt's and Hank's ears]
Crush + Enchanted Coaster (8 hour)
Enchanted Sub

Marlin Ears Hat
Hank (2 hour) - overlaps with P.Sherman Masks
Squirt (4 hour) [overlaps with Dory's and Hank's ears]
Bruce+Nemo (6 hour) [overlaps with Hank's items]
Crush (6 hour)
Dory+ Enchanted Sub (4 hour) - overlaps with P.Sherman Masks
Enchanted Seas

Also need 12,000 EC and 50 Corals (the things from the seagulls).

Last edited:
Without purchasing the premium characters (mainly Hank), I'm not sure it's even possible to get Marlin (I guess it's technically possible, but you'd need to be really efficient and very lucky). Only Nemo (8 hour) and Dory (8 hour) can collect the ear hats without having enchanted one or more of the attractions. Squirt (4 hour) and Crush (6 hour) can collect the goggles, but you need Bruce (6 hour task with Nemo) and/or building enchantments for other characters. And as always, if any of your other Nemo characters need tokens there are some conflicts/overlaps. They're really pushing the building enchantment hard this event...

P.Sherman Mask
Nemo (8 hour)
Dory (8 hour) [Level 4]
Enchanted Sub

Marlin Ears Hat
Crush (6 hour)
Enchanted Seas

Even if you do have all the premium characters they are making it really difficult. After my observations (OK complaint, 🤬 session) earlier I just finished enhancing Nemo’s Submarine Voyage, I was not to happy to find out that didn’t unlock all the characters that needed enhanced 2 building. Think it just unlocked 1🤬 character! Crush needs his attraction enhanced to 2 to use him and Bruce need the other attraction at number 2.

Seriously I know the point of this game is for them to make make money and that’s why they added the attraction enhancements, but this is a new level for them, I’m convinced they want ALL long time players who don’t spend money to quit! Really short sighted on there part because I’ve suggested the game to others in the past and at this point I would steer anyone away from these money grubbing 🤬.At this point I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel and this cloud has no silver lining.

Even if you do have all the premium characters they are making it really difficult. After my observations (OK complaint, 🤬 session) earlier I just finished enhancing Nemo’s Submarine Voyage, I was not to happy to find out that didn’t unlock all the characters that needed enhanced 2 building. Think it just unlocked 1🤬 character! Crush needs his attraction enhanced to 2 to use him and Bruce need the other attraction at number 2.

Seriously I know the point of this game is for them to make make money and that’s why they added the attraction enhancements, but this is a new level for them, I’m convinced they want ALL long time players who don’t spend money to quit! Really short sighted on there part because I’ve suggested the game to others in the past and at this point I would steer anyone away from these money grubbing 🤬.At this point I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel and this cloud has no silver lining.

Right now I don’t plan on spending any money. I either get Marlin or I don’t in next three plus days.

I think I officially made the decision that finishing Finding Nemo event is it for me this morning. Completely agree with you about the game being pointless now and at-least for me, attraction enhancements were the nails and the hammer and the Nemo Relics were the final swing of the hammer on the nail in the coffin.

I was lucky enough to get my 6th Nemo Relic from the crate I won in the last crab tapper. Decided last night that I would use it on Nemo’s Submarine Voyage last night, but was unable to because I had characters doing tasks in that building. So waited for this morning, but made mistake of sending someone on a 2 hour job, so wasn’t able to start the enhancement until an hour ago. Was finally able start the enhancement and it will take 4 hours to complete! Seriously we have to wait 4 🤬 hours for the building to enhance? On top of that any Merlin task which takes place in that building, and it’s most of them, can’t start until the building is done! The game just isn’t worth the time, effort and frustration anymore and honestly it’s been that way for awhile.
I think I officially made the decision that finishing Finding Nemo event is it for me this morning. Completely agree with you about the game being pointless now and at-least for me, attraction enhancements were the nails and the hammer and the Nemo Relics were the final swing of the hammer on the nail in the coffin.

I was lucky enough to get my 6th Nemo Relic from the crate I won in the last crab tapper. Decided last night that I would use it on Nemo’s Submarine Voyage last night, but was unable to because I had characters doing tasks in that building. So waited for this morning, but made mistake of sending someone on a 2 hour job, so wasn’t able to start the enhancement until an hour ago. Was finally able start the enhancement and it will take 4 hours to complete! Seriously we have to wait 4 🤬 hours for the building to enhance? On top of that any Merlin task which takes place in that building, and it’s most of them, can’t start until the building is done! The game just isn’t worth the time, effort and frustration anymore and honestly it’s been that way for awhile.
I have been feeling the same way. I finally got the prompt to build the sub and am 3000 EC short! No way will I have a chance at Marlin, just hoping to get this last attraction.
I agree the time, effort and frustration has taken its toll and I’m ready to quit after 3 years. The new features are a pain in the 🤬and the interns have won, it’s time to say goodbye after this event.
Thanks everyone for being such a great community here, you helped make playing the game so much more enjoyable. Good luck to you all.

Right now I don’t plan on spending any money. I either get Marlin or I don’t in next three plus days.

🚨 🚨 🚨 I AM GOING TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE(ISH) 🚨 🚨 🚨

For anyone who doesn’t finish in time, it does look like Marlin is priced at a reasonable gem price. Right now I could buy him for 297 gems, if I had that many (196 gems), so that will probably be a good option for many. I’ll be curious how much that amount drops as we add Merlin’s items.

Does anyone know if Dory requires any building enhancements to collect Masks? It says Dory requires level 4, mine is 3 but is ready for 4, but don’t want to level IF something else is required. EDIT: Never mind, my Dory already has a 4 hour Mask job since I enhanced the Sub, so why would I level Dory to level 4 so I’d get an additional 8 hour job. :rotfl:

Last edited:

For the 30 Masks if you don’t have Nemo’s Sub voyage enhanced, you can only collect with 2 characters.

If you can enhance the attraction it looks like all Nemo characters can individually collect the mask and range from 4-8 hours.

View attachment 431126

(Is the ability to add a photo from you camera/film roll new?)
Dang...I've been avoiding the whole enhancing thing.

P.Sherman Mask
Nemo (8 hour)
Dory (8 hour) [Level 4]
Enchanted Sub

Marlin Ears Hat
Crush (6 hour)
Enchanted Seas

I actually don't "like" this..but as always thanks for the info. It's tough being the bearer of bad news isn't it?

For anyone who doesn’t finish in time, it does look like Marlin is priced at a reasonable gem price. Right now I could buy him for 297 gems, if I had that many (196 gems), so that will probably be a good option for many. I’ll be curious how much that amount drops as we add Merlin’s items.

Does anyone know if Dory requires any building enhancements to collect Masks? It says Dory requires level 4, mine is 3 but is ready for 4, but don’t want to level IF something else is required. EDIT: Never mind, my Dory already has a 4 hour Mask job since I enhanced the Sub, so why would I level Dory to level 4 so I’d get an additional 8 hour job. :rotfl:
Who is this? No positive comments are allowed to come from this poster. This mist be his sweet niece isn't it? Don't let your grumpy uncle find out you accessed his forum account!!

Well guys, sadly I think I’m done, but not on my terms. Yesterday my phone had to be replaced, and long story short after restoring I briefly had my game, then quickly lost everything. Email sent to gameloft, but I’m not very optimistic. Odds are I’ll still peek in occasionally for snarky laughs and what the new complaint is. But otherwise, I’ll miss you all, def made the new ‘improvements’ somewhat bearable. Good luck with the interns, and I hope you can all still continue to find some enjoyment in the game.
Good news: Gameloft actually helped restore my game - sort of. Took 4 tries and 2 days, and it did rewind about a day worth of progress (so I definitely won’t get Marlin). But I’m pleased I get to suffer along with you guys a bit longer!

Good news: Gameloft actually helped restore my game - sort of. Took 4 tries and 2 days, and it did rewind about a day worth of progress (so I definitely won’t get Marlin). But I’m pleased I get to suffer along with you guys a bit longer!
Yoppee!! I was sad to see you go. I like to read your posts!!! Omg...the interns did something good!!! Pigs must be flying somewhere right now.

Yoppee!! I was sad to see you go. I like to read your posts!!! Omg...the interns did something good!!! Pigs must be flying somewhere right now.
It took 4 different interns responding to me. The first 3 sent the exact same progress update (from 3 weeks ago at my last backup). So yes I was pleasantly shocked when I finally got some help!

If you read my post above, you can buy Marlin at a reasonable price IF your able to get to the welcome Marlin part of the game.

Also, WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? I was gonna let your situation be the Straw that broke the camel's back and use it as one of the reasons to quit the game. Now I don’t have that excuse anymore. :rotfl:

@Windwaker4444 Think I only have one of the cliche suggestions left! 😉

Yes he has been rather quiet. Maybe he and the interns are brainstorming ideas for the next few events. :lmao:

I am hoping to see if I can get Merlin. Hurricane Dorian is going to put a huge dent in playing the game for the next few days. This mornings update track of moving it a little more south has it going right over me. I am in West Palm Beach a few miles from the coast line

View attachment 431039
Wish you luck down there, I live near just North of Orlando and not looking forward to hurricane as I went thru Irma. That is when I started playing this game. Lol

Praying you both are safe and unaffected for the most part.

I actually rented DVC points for Boardwalk villa Tues- Thurs. nonrefundable. Contacted third party rental about gifting my nights to stranded traveler, displaced resident, or Disney cast member in need. Legalities won’t allow it at this point. We will see what happens in the days to come...
-/——-///———-

I have almost reached my limit on this game as well. The enhancements. Ugh. So frustrating. And the bonus ruby chests rarely give a nemo relic. I did spend 40 gems on a chest and miraculously got a nemo relic putting me at 5 to enhance submarine. Then same issue as @mikegood2. Ugh. I spent 40 gems another day and never got a relic. Figured I may as well spend some gems since not sure I wil keep playing.

It took 4 different interns responding to me. The first 3 sent the exact same progress update (from 3 weeks ago at my last backup). So yes I was pleasantly shocked when I finally got some help!

Not sure if I should be happy or sad for you that they restored your game :rolleyes: But it is always better to end on your own terms.

How was your AP preview of SWGE? I thoroughly enjoyed mine! And now with hurricane Dorian pretty much taking away my planned vacation for next week, I am extra glad I got to do it. I was only in Orlando for 16 hrs (which equaled my drive there and back), but it was worth it to do the preview!

This is very good to know! I have a bunch of gems in IOS, so I might still be able to manage Marlin. In Windows, I am missing 5 Dory tokens (haven't gotten a single one all day :mad: ) and she only costs 66 gems. But I don't think I have enough time to get all the tasks done to get to the Welcome Marlin prompt, and if I did, I don't think I would have enough gems to buy him after spending for Dory.

Now, is this cheaper gem cost a feature or a bug?

Nice to know that it won't cost a ridiculous amount of gems to buy Marlin's items outright. I just finished the final battle and was able to start collecting for him. It's going to be tight, but at least I've got a three-day weekend to work on it. Of course I have none of the Nemo attractions enchanted, but I do have Hank, so there's hope. I should have enough gems to buy whatever tokens I can't get to finish him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter