Disney Magic Kingdoms

I love when they select films that no one has seen...

I like how films you likely didn’t watch tend to equate to no one has seen. Brave is far from one of Disney big hits, but $66M opening weekend, $237M Domestic and over over $500M means a lot of people have seen it.

I’m opposed to any more events this year, but if we’re gonna be stuck with one (we will) than I don’t have a problem with Brave. I might just need to watch it again.

Also, watched Mulan over the weekend and actually enjoyed it. Definitely worth waiting to watch when it became free on Disney+ though, because I woulda found it considerably less enjoyable if I spend $30 for it.

My progress:

Mando - 9
The Child - 5
Kuiil - 7
Cara Dune - 7
Greef Karga -8

Lock - 8
Shock - 6
Barrel - 8

Gord - 9
Yzma - 9

Really finding the Mandalorian characters easy to level. I’ve found it easiest to work on level all of them up and wait tolevel them until all 5 are ready to level. Works great for conflict issues and don’t think it’s worked this well for any other group of characters? Nightmare before Christmas on the other hand have been a real pain in the 🤬. At this point I just send people on there jobs and don’t care when I get them done. Also Shock and Barrel are basically worthless for collecting items.

Also, watched Mulan over the weekend and actually enjoyed it. Definitely worth waiting to watch when it became free on Disney+ though, because I woulda found it considerably less enjoyable if I spend $30 for it.
THe opening CGI almost made me shut it off right then and there. The nods to the animated film aren't too cringey. That said, I haven't finished watching it, nor would I have paid $30 to watch it at home, much less the theater.
Nightmare before Christmas on the other hand have been a real pain in the 🤬. At this point I just send people on there jobs and don’t care when I get them done. Also Shock and Barrel are basically worthless for collecting items.
You can buy some of the tokens from Merlin. I did that with Owl, mainly because I was tired of sending everyone on those stupid long tasks for little chance of collecting a token. I might do it some with these NBC characters as well, but most of theirs are 4 hour tasks, meaning I can at least collect 3x a day.

You can buy some of the tokens from Merlin. I did that with Owl, mainly because I was tired of sending everyone on those stupid long tasks for little chance of collecting a token. I might do it some with these NBC characters as well, but most of theirs are 4 hour tasks, meaning I can at least collect 3x a day.

Yeah, I usually buy the last few hats that way. I do like that many of the top main item jobs are 4 hours, but once you collect them your stuck with needing a lot of hats. Also if I remember right 2/3 BBC characters don’t collect hats, making them worthless once you finish collecting that first item.

Right now my biggest annoyance with the game is how they utterly destroyed happiness in the recent update to the game. The fact that it only allows happiness characters that you have out in your kingdom is just stupid. This is where Merlin and his 24 hour happiness freeze spell come in really handy and using it every other day seems to solve my happiness problem. I usually use it right before I go to bed and by the time it expires I usually have 6 characters walking around with happiness ready to go. Also, if you make sure you don’t open it the next night after the 24 hour clock expires the game won’t start using happiness until you open the game the next morning. That alone saves you a 75%+ happiness drop and between that and 6 happiness characters to use should keep you ecstatic until bedtime that night.

Right now my biggest annoyance with the game is how they utterly destroyed happiness in the recent update to the game. The fact that it only allows happiness characters that you have out in your kingdom is just stupid. This is where Merlin and his 24 hour happiness freeze spell come in really handy and using it every other day seems to solve my happiness problem. I usually use it right before I go to bed and by the time it expires I usually have 6 characters walking around with happiness ready to go. Also, if you make sure you don’t open it the next night after the 24 hour clock expires the game won’t start using happiness until you open the game the next morning. That alone saves you a 75%+ happiness drop and between that and 6 happiness characters to use should keep you ecstatic until bedtime that night.

Yes, I hate this change. Since the start of the Mandalorian event I've been using elixir exclusively to buy the safeguard, and I'm so much happier just not having to worry about it.

Yes, I hate this change. Since the start of the Mandalorian event I've been using elixir exclusively to buy the safeguard, and I'm so much happier just not having to worry about it.
I think I am going to try this for a few days and see if my happiness improves. Honestly, I have not been able to get my happiness to a decent level since they messed with the happiness way back like a year ago (or longer?).

I think I am going to try this for a few days and see if my happiness improves. Honestly, I have not been able to get my happiness to a decent level since they messed with the happiness way back like a year ago (or longer?).

It works. I've been doing the same thing for months and it's just nice to not have to worry about a dumb game all the time. Honestly, it's the only reason I haven't quit.

I enjoyed Brave and I hope the event will be entertaining. I don't have many gems built up after the Mando event, but maybe I will get some gift cards for Christmas. Here's my progress:

Kuzko 9
Kronk 9
Yzma 8

Lock 7
Shock 5
Barrel 7

Gord 7 *it's crazy that Gord is still just a level 7 after all this time. I am close to, or past that level with most of my most recently acquired characters. It's good that there aren't any real conflicts with him, but it makes the gameplay boring.

Mando 8
Child 4
Kuiil 5
Cara 6
Greef 7

I’ve never had an issue with happiness. Very occasionally I’ll dip into the 90s for Joyous (usually from overnight) but then recover. I tend to check in on the game every 4 hours or so.

I’m currently collecting for all the Mando additions, Lock & Shock, Kuzco & Yzma,and lastly Gord. Having all their token gatherers aside from from Bunny (since his token task partner Woody is preoccupied, strangely enough, with Ducky), I’m also able to have every wish granting character on tasks and still only be at 67/75 on the character cap.

While GameLoft has never confirmed it, the game clearly appears to prioritize wish request to characters who are busy. So, in fitting with my availability, I send every wish granting character who is not already gathering a token on a 4 hour task. This seems to result in enough wish request for those characters when checking in on the game to send them on the wish task, and when next I check in, collect them all and repeat. Between that and whatever extra drops from the post-parade ad and inside chests, I’m almost always in Ecstatic.

Me beginning to play more casually, not buying all the gem characters, and not spending money on the game has hindered my ability to collect for characters now thanks to the 75 limit lolll guess I’ll post what I’ve got since I haven’t in a long while

Mandalorian - level 6
kuill - level 4
cara dune - level 4
greef karga- level 5
bb8- level 4
rey - level 4
stormtrooper - level 9
kylo ren - level 3
r2d2 - level 4
c3po- level 9
lady - level 7
tramp- level 8
joe - level 8
tony - level 9
Meeko- level 6
pocahontas - level 8
pacha - level 2
lock - level 5
barrel - level 5
owl - level 3
dad - level 8
barley - level 8
laurel - lebel 8
blazey - level 8
manticore - level 8
Colt - level 8
phil - 9
meg - 9
hercules - 7
pegasus - 7
pain - 8
panic - 7
hades - 6

missing characters:
baby yoda 😭
forky
lady tremaine
Jock
trusty
ringmaster
percy
Kuzco (just started collecting for)
kronk
yzma
Shock
fire spirit from frozen
ed
shenzi
gord
marlin
dory
hector fromcoco
the bride
ian from onward

a lot of my level ups are all just waiting on the common tokens 🙄🙄 i am over how long it takes to get a lot of the items and the building upgrade items all the time.

I like how films you likely didn’t watch tend to equate to no one has seen. Brave is far from one of Disney big hits, but $66M opening weekend, $237M Domestic and over over $500M means a lot of people have seen it.

I’m opposed to any more events this year, but if we’re gonna be stuck with one (we will) than I don’t have a problem with Brave. I might just need to watch it again.

Brave is not one of my favorites of Pixar (just doesn't have the best storyline) I still enjoy it. I think it is one of Pixar's most beautifully animated ones (the backgrounds especially) and a couple of good songs and some pretty funny bits.

We also watched Mulan this past weekend - took me a bit to get into it. Felt like it wasn't quite sure what it wanted to be and didn't fully commit to any one style. In the end I enjoyed it but glad I didn't pay $30 for it

I’ve never had an issue with happiness. Very occasionally I’ll dip into the 90s for Joyous (usually from overnight) but then recover. I tend to check in on the game every 4 hours or so.

I’m currently collecting for all the Mando additions, Lock & Shock, Kuzco & Yzma,and lastly Gord. Having all their token gatherers aside from from Bunny (since his token task partner Woody is preoccupied, strangely enough, with Ducky), I’m also able to have every wish granting character on tasks and still only be at 67/75 on the character cap.

While GameLoft has never confirmed it, the game clearly appears to prioritize wish request to characters who are busy. So, in fitting with my availability, I send every wish granting character who is not already gathering a token on a 4 hour task. This seems to result in enough wish request for those characters when checking in on the game to send them on the wish task, and when next I check in, collect them all and repeat. Between that and whatever extra drops from the post-parade ad and inside chests, I’m almost always in Ecstatic.

That’s exactly how it use to be for me before they required characters to be in your kingdom. During events, other than overnight, I could usually stay in ecstatic, but non-event times when log in less often was becoming more way more of an issue. Paying 675 elixir every other day just takes away much of the games frustration though. Since I have over 100K elixir still, I figure why not use it.

Yeah, there is no doubt that the game prioritizes characters who are busy on jobs. Lost track of the number of times the game gives me multiple happiness requests for a character I just send out on a 6/8/12 hour item job.

Another fun wish quirk is that it won’t give a request to a character already doing that task. So if you were to send all your wish granting characters on their task (though there are a handful who have multiple ones), the game will then only give attraction requests.

Another fun wish quirk is that it won’t give a request to a character already doing that task. So if you were to send all your wish granting characters on their task (though there are a handful who have multiple ones), the game will then only give attraction requests.

Are you sure about that, because it recently use to do that all the time to me. Ever since I started using the 24 shield every other day happiness isn’t a problem, so I haven’t payed attention to requests.

EDIT: As of a day or two ago I had a number of characters I had to wait until they were done with a task to fulfill a task. I’m sure some were asked fore before I sent them out on that task, but no way most of them were.

Wow, I check in on the game even more than that and have not been able to obtain more than low level 2 happiness in the past year. I wonder what my issue is.

Are you sure about that, because it recently use to do that all the time to me. Ever since I started using the 24 shield every other day happiness isn’t a problem, so I haven’t payed attention to requests.

EDIT: As of a day or two ago I had a number of characters I had to wait until they were done with a task to fulfill a task. I’m sure some were asked fore before I sent them out on that task, but no way most of them were.
I agree with you. I send my wish granting characters out for tokens and then I will get the request for them to grant a wish.

Have a great time!!
I was supposed to go last week and had to postpone 😢
Kinda wish I booked for last week myself. Very chilly at Hilton Head Island on the front end of the trip, and it's only finally warming up now that I'm leaving tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter