Disney Magic Kingdoms

What level are you getting the characters to before welcoming MacIntosh??

I'm actually enjoying this event, probably because I really like the movie. We saw it in the theater and thought is was ok, but not great, but then watched it again a couple times in the last few years and we all think it's much better than we thought that first time. Plus it's set in Scotland, which is a plus for me.

What level are you getting the characters to before welcoming MacIntosh??

I'm actually enjoying this event, probably because I really like the movie. We saw it in the theater and thought is was ok, but not great, but then watched it again a couple times in the last few years and we all think it's much better than we thought that first time. Plus it's set in Scotland, which is a plus for me.
The mom and dad (I guess that's who the are supposed to be?) need to both be at 4.

All three of mine are 4 with Elinor ready for 5. Not sure if leveling them more in next two days or just getting other two ready for 5 and leveling other characters. Now that I have finished the large number of frozen side quests. Wow.

All three of mine are 4 with Elinor ready for 5. Not sure if leveling them more in next two days or just getting other two ready for 5 and leveling other characters. Now that I have finished the large number of frozen side quests. Wow.

Same for me and I’m also questioning what to do for leveling. Thinking and hoping I’m almost done with the Frozen side quest. 🤞

Is it me, or do aspects of this event feel different? Obviously the basic structure for all events are basically the same but something feels off? Things like EC feeling shorter than usual on the events first day. Seemed like the first attraction was available a day or two earlier than usual and might have cost less? On a positive it feels easier and quicker to collect items, with less conflicts, lower times and rarity but characters EC costs seem higher than usual. The thing I’m noticing the most is the Tartans, the Item you collect with the Wisps, seem stingier than usual. Right now, with all 3 characters at level 4 I’m down to 6 and each character requires 40 to level to 5. Right now, at best I’m able to 8, 9 if I wake up in the middle of the night. So that means only 40-45 tartans a day.

Last edited:

Same for me and I’m also questioning what to do for leveling. Thinking and hoping I’m almost done with the Frozen side quest. 🤞

Is it me, or do aspects of this event feel different? Obviously the basic structure for all events are basically the same but something feels off? Things like EC feeling shorter than usual on the events first day. Seemed like the first attraction was available a day or two earlier than usual and might have cost less? On a positive it feels easier and quicker to collect items, with less conflicts, lower times and rarity but characters EC costs seem higher than usual. The thing I’m noticing the most is the Tartans, the Item you collect with the Wisps, seem stingier than usual. Right now, with all 3 characters at level 4 I’m down to 6 and each character requires 40 to level to 5. Right now, at best I’m able to 8, 9 if I wake up in the middle of the night. So that means only 40-45 tartans a day.
Agree I am working on collecting what I can as I expect Macintosh to require most of what I can collect. I think this event so far has been fair, I have to work for items but not freak out trying to get everything. Just the right speed with Christmas almost here.

The mom and dad (I guess that's who the are supposed to be?) need to both be at 4.

Thank you for the info - it really helps. I have the Queen at 5 and Lord MacGuffin at 4. The King is on the page with the Queen - I think he's a gem character. I'm struggling to keep up with the common tokens. I get busy (not sure how since I'm home all the time now) and distracted and just forget to play.

Thank you for the info - it really helps. I have the Queen at 5 and Lord MacGuffin at 4. The King is on the page with the Queen - I think he's a gem character. I'm struggling to keep up with the common tokens. I get busy (not sure how since I'm home all the time now) and distracted and just forget to play.

Same here! In a weird way it’s easier to get distracted at home sometimes.

That’s why I end up setting a 2 hour timer most of the day/night. I know many say that they refuse to let a timer control them and I get that, but it helps me. Actually think I play considerably less with one because I don’t need to think about the game until the timer acts as a gentle reminder that those much needed and annoying common tokens are ready. I can then just get right in and out of the game, if I’m not I in the middle of something else. If I don’t set a timer I usually log in once or twice before things are ready. Or worse they had 5 minutes left, I forget about it for an hour and then get annoyed that I forgot. 😆

EDIT: I do not set alarms when I’m sleeping. When I said day/night, I meant to say day/evening. I to value my sleep more than a stupid game.

Last edited:

They must have adjusted the legendary chest chances of getting better items. I picked up 3 characters I didn’t have during Star Wars event, then my free frozen chest was a costume. I decided to gamble and buy one chest in hopes of getting my one missing character and managed to get the cute little lizard.
I am stuck on the frozen side quests since I haven’t upgraded my ice rink to level one. I typically upgrade the first thing I am able to just to make the bubbles go away. I need 5 more of the common enchantment pieces and I’ll be able to finish those up.
EC doesn’t seem to be a problem for me at the minute but that can always change. I haven’t leveled my characters as much as some so that could be why.

They must have adjusted the legendary chest chances of getting better items. I picked up 3 characters I didn’t have during Star Wars event, then my free frozen chest was a costume. I decided to gamble and buy one chest in hopes of getting my one missing character and managed to get the cute little lizard.
I am stuck on the frozen side quests since I haven’t upgraded my ice rink to level one. I typically upgrade the first thing I am able to just to make the bubbles go away. I need 5 more of the common enchantment pieces and I’ll be able to finish those up.
EC doesn’t seem to be a problem for me at the minute but that can always change. I haven’t leveled my characters as much as some so that could be why.
I was surprised they made you upgrade the Ice Rink, but I had enough tokens to do that.

Same here! In a weird way it’s easier to get distracted at home sometimes.

That’s why I end up setting a 2 hour timer most of the day/night. I know many say that they refuse to let a timer control them and I get that, but it helps me. Actually think I play considerably less with one because I don’t need to think about the game until the timer acts as a gentle reminder that those much needed and annoying common tokens are ready. I can then just get right in and out of the game, if I’m not I in the middle of something else. If I don’t set a timer I usually log in once or twice before things are ready. Or worse they had 5 minutes left, I forget about it for an hour and then get annoyed that I forgot. 😆

I value my sleep far more than this game - there is no way I will set an alarm to wake up all night. Even if I do wake, I don't play since the screen light makes it much harder to fall back asleep. I find it hard enough to get a good night's sleep, though, so it makes me value it all the more.

I was surprised they made you upgrade the Ice Rink, but I had enough tokens to do that.

I had to upgrade, too. It was a pain since I had characters in there and had to wait for them to vacate the rink, but it's done. I stopped upgrading things unless I need to, though, and I guess that means I had to pay the price for not upgrading.

I’m finding this event a bit boring and think it’s because of the characters. The 2 other lairds are not really major characters in the movie. Would have preferred Merida’s brothers, the witch, Mom as a bear. even Merida’s horse. I’m glad the event isn’t hard so far because we are busy with the holidays even though we are home. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be excited to get Merida 😊

I value my sleep far more than this game - there is no way I will set an alarm to wake up all night. Even if I do wake, I don't play since the screen light makes it much harder to fall back asleep. I find it hard enough to get a good night's sleep, though, so it makes me value it all the more.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. I meant most of the day/evening. I also value my sleep and haven’t set a night time alarm for this, or any game, in years. As far as waking up in the middle of the night, the only time I ever play this game, or look at any device is the rare occasion my dog asks to go outside. Luckily that’s only once or twice a month.

Last edited:
I was hoping I might have been more into this event but half way through and I truly don't care. Never saw the film, don't know a single one of the characters. That said, I'm still going to keep playing along as time permits, but with Christmas this week, suddenly this pointless update is taking a back seat to life. As it should be.

I was hoping I might have been more into this event but half way through and I truly don't care. Never saw the film, don't know a single one of the characters. That said, I'm still going to keep playing along as time permits, but with Christmas this week, suddenly this pointless update is taking a back seat to life. As it should be.
I am playing a lot more casually even though I know the characters and have seen the film. After my husband’s emergency surgery only three months ago and the general character of 2020, family to the fore front.

Disappointed getting Fergus actually makes the game more difficult, since it creates a token conflict on MacIntosh ears, and he’s useless at lvl 1. Of course, if you pay real money, they give you the tokens to level him. Wild coincidence. /s

If you haven't watched it, why not give it a shot? It's more Disney-feeling than Pixar, really, and it's like a classic princess story except the princess has much more agency than the ones from the past (so more like Moana). Great music, beautiful scenery, and Emma Thompson as the Queen. The brothers are funny, so I wonder if they are saving them for some later challenge.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. I meant most of the day/evening. I also value my sleep and haven’t set a night time alarm for this, or any game, in years. As far as waking up in the middle of the night, the only time I ever play this game, or look at any device is the rare occasion my dog asks to go outside. Luckily that’s only once or twice a month.

Oh, that sounds much better. During the day I can understand, but not at night.

Disappointed getting Fergus actually makes the game more difficult, since it creates a token conflict on MacIntosh ears, and he’s useless at lvl 1. Of course, if you pay real money, they give you the tokens to level him. Wild coincidence. /s

Same. Actually I think they were giving tokens for MacIntosh, not Fergus, who is totally useless in this game (but I really like his character and wanted him in my park). This is really annoying.

Same. Actually I think they were giving tokens for MacIntosh, not Fergus, who is totally useless in this game (but I really like his character and wanted him in my park). This is really annoying.

Yeah, the bundle gave you tokens for McIntosh so even if you spent real money Fergus wouldn't help right away.

Finally got the last ear hat I needed to level him up so he is finally helping in getting McIntosh - so Merry Christmas to me

And Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Merry Christmas everyone! I got Trusty in my Xmas chest which also gave me 16 gems for finishing that collection.
I am happy to get a character. I’ve stopped buying the gem characters since they’re all 500 now, so maybe eventually I will complete the collection 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter