Disney Magic Kingdoms

I will definitely wait until I can stream it without the surcharge, but I do want to see it.

If you like a lot of their newer movies, it's pretty much in line. If you don't, this one isn't likely to change your mind.
Given Disney's "girls count too"-heavy stance, I'm going out on a limb here to say that they lead, probably, the dragon, maybe the villain, and more than likely one or probably even two other "strong" characters are all going to be female.

Given Disney's "girls count too"-heavy stance, I'm going out on a limb here to say that they lead, probably, the dragon, maybe the villain, and more than likely one or probably even two other "strong" characters are all going to be female.
So we went from Princesses as damsels, to empowering female characters. Yet we still lack substantial male driven role models in children's animation.
Rya - TBD
Frozen 2 - Sisters grown and develop ruling capabilities. Hapless guy spends the film trying to figure out to propose.
Ralph Breaks the internet - Big Guy is upset for 95% of the movie in trying to control and keep his female friend
Moana - Princess saves her village and restores balance. Narcissistic Guy.
Zootopia - Judy Hopps achieves dreams. Con artist Fox is con artist.
Big Hero 6 - Children's Marvel Film as boy deals with stages of grief following the loss of his brother. This is 2014 when this came out and the first male dominated film going back from 2021.
Frozen - Sisters figure out how to rule. Hapless guy figures out his love for one of the sisters.
Wreck it Ralph - Big bruiser who is cast aside finds friendship
Winnie the Pooh -
Tangled - Princess returns to Parents. Crook guy is less scummy.
Princess and the Frog - Hard working female maintains independence while falling in love with a self loving Prince who changes his ways from material goods.

So with the new update, each wish granted only gains 5 happiness instead of 10 in Ecstatic, so that's nice.

So with the new update, each wish granted only gains 5 happiness instead of 10 in Ecstatic, so that's nice.

I just noticed this and came here to complain about it. Zero reason for this change, and it's very irritating.

But, hey, though they screwed the happiness system up even worse, as long as they give us a free gift everything will be ok. Sidenote: it at least seems to me that happiness is dropping much quicker as well. This may not be accurate; it may still be dropping at the same speed, it will just be that much harder to keep up with the lower-producing wishes.

Last edited:
I can't believe they are slowing up the happiness collection even further. I finally resorted to purchasing the daily happiness safety a couple of months ago, but it is kind of expensive in my opinion. I mean, I don't care about selling off useless decorations and stuff because I think the game is very lacking in that area and gives me no reason to want them. I just don't know if I am going to eventually run out of stuff to sell and have no happiness going on. Annoying.

I can't believe they are slowing up the happiness collection even further. I finally resorted to purchasing the daily happiness safety a couple of months ago, but it is kind of expensive in my opinion. I mean, I don't care about selling off useless decorations and stuff because I think the game is very lacking in that area and gives me no reason to want them. I just don't know if I am going to eventually run out of stuff to sell and have no happiness going on. Annoying.
Not only are they showing that part down, but they went back to speeding up how quickly happiness drops. Can't sleep eight hous and wake to find happiness above 1%.

It feels they’re trying to get all the long time free loaders like us to quit the game. I know I’m getting closer. Finishing the game after leveling up Ratatouille characters looks better and better every day. Seriously though, many of these moves are aimed at getting players to spend money and they have no problems with freemium players quitting. These are moves games that have been around a few years and not bringing in as much as they use to make.

I’m actually really surprised that they haven’t added some type of monthly VIP membership. Maybe moves like this are for that purpose? For $9.99 you’d get a small extra amount of magic/elixir/happiness in addition to your calendar reward every morning. Maybe you get 2x (10%!!!) the happiness for each smile collected. A few more gems each week or parade drop rates improve from 10% to 15%? Or a few additional perks.

I just buy about every other evening before I go to sleep the Merlin’s Happiness Safequard. Then I have 24 hours to build up happiness tokens to use the next day along with chests and any visitors happiness tokens. Gives time for all the long character quests to finish.

I just buy about every other evening before I go to sleep the Merlin’s Happiness Safequard. Then I have 24 hours to build up happiness tokens to use the next day along with chests and any visitors happiness tokens. Gives time for all the long character quests to finish.

Do the same, with a minor change. On the night I buy the Safeguard I try buying it later than my usual last log in. On the next night, I make sure my last long in is just under the 24 hours expires. That way the safeguard doesn't disappear until I launch it in the morning. Never tried, but I wonder if the same thing would happen if I didn‘t log in for a day or two?

Super annoyed about the (lack of) happiness. Also, I had a bunch of smilies just waiting to be used today and the download got rid of them all and also dropped my happiness in half. Ugh. They really want me to quit.

Do the same, with a minor change. On the night I buy the Safeguard I try buying it later than my usual last log in. On the next night, I make sure my last long in is just under the 24 hours expires. That way the safeguard doesn't disappear until I launch it in the morning. Never tried, but I wonder if the same thing would happen if I didn‘t log in for a day or two?
I basically do the same thing, logging in just before it expires on the alternate night and yes, I tried it on my other computer, but do it in the morning. Right after daily reset, and I don’t play that one often and it good until I log in again in several days. It is a separate game that I only play occasionally on my desktop as opposed to my phone version.

Honestly, I just ignore the wishes and happiness stuff and I’m doing just fine in my game. I tried it for a while and I don’t find my drops are much worse when it’s at 1% verses 100%.

I’ve given up on happiness. It makes my drops lower, but I just don’t have the time to throw at it. I did the Protection for a while, but that wasn’t sustainable long-term based on my elixir levels so was not worth it in my case.

I just noticed that they have increased the max number of characters in the kingdom to 100. I guess that is good for the newer players, so I am happy for them.

Has anyone else not had any chests in the park since the update? Did they say that was going away?

Has anyone else not had any chests in the park since the update? Did they say that was going away?

I also have not had any chests in my kingdom and I did not see anything about them removing them but that will make happiness harder with the reduction from 10 to 5 and no chests.

I read the update notes- they say it should make happiness easier. Is it that the lower levels will be easier but the highest level will be harder? Also, I received a pop up in the game that as a longtime player, I’m received a series is gifts while new players do this tutorial. Been playing 5 years- not sure what the tutorial even is.A2FEC291-7656-40FB-8EAE-BE811239015B.jpeg

I read the update notes- they say it should make happiness easier. Is it that the lower levels will be easier but the highest level will be harder? Also, I received a pop up in the game that as a longtime player, I’m received a series is gifts while new players do this tutorial. Been playing 5 years- not sure what the tutorial even is.View attachment 561933

The new Tutorial is significantly more generous than the Tutorial older players went through was, so they compensated for that with the gifts.

I don't know of too many people who are finding this happiness system easier. They didn't drop the decay rate by enough (or dropped the gain rate of the collected happiness too much) to really achieve that even despite the additional wishers.

I just noticed that they have increased the max number of characters in the kingdom to 100. I guess that is good for the newer players, so I am happy for them.

Going through the Peter Pan storyline (welcoming John Darling now), and I'm very much appreciating the higher numbers!

I've been following one of the ******* servers lately, and it sounds like this is a bug being looked into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter