Disney Magic Kingdoms

I had the same thought and picked her up! Plus you will get the bonus gems once you get the other whale.
Ooh! Right, forgot about that. Not to mention that I've given up on the buildings but am making sure to have the full set of characters, so there's no reason to have this one being the only one that would be grayed out. It'll bother me more in the end not to have her than to have to build up the otherwise-useless gems.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing too at first. But then I keep going back to my rationale of "why the hell am I hoarding fake gems that are meant to be spent in the game in the first place?" and I picked her up. What's the sense of meaninglessly sitting on 1,000 imaginary gems? I'm getting, on average, 12 a day from parades and the videos, so by the time the next event rolls around, I'll be stocked up once again. There's nothing else to be spending them on except characters anyway, so why not?

If i had that many gems I probably would have gotten her, but I only had 400 gems when it started. Props for being able to get all the character and do it without spending money. Have no idea how though. As I mentioned I couldn’t afford Destiny and also am missing 4-6 previous gem characters.

As far as the TC goes I’m in decent shape even without her. Currently in the top 100 and have around 25 hot cocoas saved up. Also have everything collected and 7K EC surplus. Think that means I’m over 1/4 of the way to completing Bailey.

my Vader should be ready to level to 9 this weekend.

If i had that many gems I probably would have gotten her, but I only had 400 gems when it started. Props for being able to get all the character and do it without spending money. Have no idea how though. As I mentioned I couldn’t afford Destiny and also am missing 4-6 previous gem characters.

As far as the TC goes I’m in decent shape even without her. Currently in the top 100 and have around 25 hot cocoas saved up. Also have everything collected and 7K EC surplus. Think that means I’m over 1/4 of the way to completing Bailey.

my Vader should be ready to level to 9 this weekend.
Don't get me wrong. I'm down to only 200 gems now. The fact that they were charging so much for a character that no one knows should have been enough of a deterrent for anyone to want to spend cash. But there must be some idiots out there doing it because they keep putting ridiculous offers out there. I could see someone being willing to spend two or three dollars for a float or something, but $10 for a character? Really??

I haven't bothered checking where I am in the standings against other players. As long as I hit the milestones, I'm fine. I really don't need a 15th Maleficent hat stand. Plus, after I got the hat stand milestone, I have no need to use cocoas any more. I simply run the characters who are free, and then run it with just the grandmother until the refresh happens.

Vader took a bit, but surprisingly I'll be done with all of my Star Wars characters before the Raya characters from the last event!

Vader took a bit, but surprisingly I'll be done with all of my Star Wars characters before the Raya characters from the last event!

I am in the same boat; collecting for Vader level 10, with all my other Star Wars already at 10. Raya feels like she is going to take the rest of my life; collecting for level 9 for her. I don't know why those Raya characters are so miserable. Would it have killed them to have some non-Raya characters collect their tokens?

Don't get me wrong. I'm down to only 200 gems now. The fact that they were charging so much for a character that no one knows should have been enough of a deterrent for anyone to want to spend cash. But there must be some idiots out there doing it because they keep putting ridiculous offers out there. I could see someone being willing to spend two or three dollars for a float or something, but $10 for a character? Really??

I haven't bothered checking where I am in the standings against other players. As long as I hit the milestones, I'm fine. I really don't need a 15th Maleficent hat stand. Plus, after I got the hat stand milestone, I have no need to use cocoas any more. I simply run the characters who are free, and then run it with just the grandmother until the refresh happens.

I am down to only Vader and Raya group as well, Vader going slow but that’s okay and Raya as well for 65 for that last level and the common token.

Vader and 3 Raya characters left here. They really made me have bad feelings about the movie. I think I need more than 100 more common tokens at the very least.

I'm currently in 2,533rd place despite being well past the last milestone. In the first round I finished in the top 200 with roughly the same amount of points that I have now. But in this round, I think I may have ended up on a leaderboard that's a wee bit competitive. Not that I care... I already have a handful of Maleficent Horn Stands so I don't need any more.

Vader and 3 Raya characters left here. They really made me have bad feelings about the movie. I think I need more than 100 more common tokens at the very least.

Watched the movie on Friday and though it was fine. Still wouldn’t have cared about the event, but seeing the movie would have made them less annoying.

I have 4 Raya characters left, but Tuk Tuk has been ready for 10 for awhile and Namaari should be ready for 10 in a few days. I’m waiting on leveling them because the commons are such a pain to collect.

I'm currently in 2,533rd place despite being well past the last milestone. In the first round I finished in the top 200 with roughly the same amount of points that I have now. But in this round, I think I may have ended up on a leaderboard that's a wee bit competitive. Not that I care... I already have a handful of Maleficent Horn Stands so I don't need any more.

Also didn’t care about the stand, but finished in the top 100 so I’ll take it. I’ll just end up placing it in Merlin’s cauldron which should pay for a few Raya items. Changed my approach to mini events awhile ago. I usually don’t start them until 2-3 hours after they start. Still have some of the crazy leaders, but can usually place considerably higher.

Well I welcomed Bailey this afternoon and took me a minute to realize why no one is collecting his tokens, have to buy with EC until Challenge is over. Duh!

Well I welcomed Bailey this afternoon and took me a minute to realize why no one is collecting his tokens, have to buy with EC until Challenge is over. Duh!
Yeah, I got him right before bed last night and remembered how worthless the Tac becomes once you get it the character. Unless you need some of the other items sold, but I don’t.

I’m hoping to get Bailey to level 2 tonight any maybe there will be a mission then?

Got Bailey today, and have pulled three other attractions/characters from the TC shop. Have time to pull the other two I didn't have.

I do like that they only allow you to collect the tokens for the TC character that will be available to collect after the event. They changed the the other to the common token. In the past you had to guess which of the 3 tokens wasn't going to be used.

Does the maleficent event currency convert to gems when the event is over? I don’t want either of these characters. Thanks

If I recall it's 4,000 currency to 1 gem, and I think it's 50% rounding, if that makes sense (so you'd get one gem if you're between 2,000-5,999). The gem payout is so bad I often just buy as many tokens as possible anyway because loading up on those is worth 2-3 gems or whatever to me.

Seriously?! Looks like I’m waiting another two hours before I hit 6000 coins and can welcome the whale lol!

E6B1C9AB-E04B-45CA-9507-B713A4B0CD3F.jpeg

You need 6000 coins plus buy all his tokens with coins, so it's 40,500 you need.

I had all the tokens, it was just the 6000 I needed to welcome him. When I collected from my tower I ended up with 5,999 so I had to go another round lol

Seriously?! Looks like I’m waiting another two hours before I hit 6000 coins and can welcome the whale lol!

View attachment 582803
I had all the tokens, it was just the 6000 I needed to welcome him. When I collected from my tower I ended up with 5,999 so I had to go another round lol
I got that you were 1 EC short and had all the items already. That said, you wouldn’t have had to wait 2 hours all you had to do is find a cursed building or waited until 1 spawned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter