Disney Magic Kingdoms

Unbelievably, still no Windows update. What in the world are they going to do to make it up to Windows players? Probably a bench and a hat stand. So ridiculous.
Anyone know if it is just people with Windows 10 or all Windows machines. Are some Windows computers working. Ex-IT trouble shooter lol! Especially seeing they are telling people it is beyond GameLofts control!

Well I got the one character I could get (the one you get for clicking on the blurgs) so I guess I'm kind of done with this one.

Really stupid move, Gameloft.

Well I got the one character I could get (the one you get for clicking on the blurgs) so I guess I'm kind of done with this one.

Really stupid move, Gameloft.

After playing this event for a few days, I’m realizing that Boba Fett is only achievable for anyone who can answer yes to all three of these questions:

1. Do you have all the previous Star Wars characters who collect tokens for this event?
2. Are you willing/able to spend gems or money for Ahsoka?
3. Are you willing/able to check in on the game every two hours (during the day at least) for the length of the event?

If you’re a “no” on any one of those, Boba is most likely out of reach. It’s kinda nice that Fennec is basically a free character, but that’s not enough of a balance for the difficulty in getting Boba (and I say that as someone who’ll almost certainly get him, because I’m fortunate enough to have a work-from-home job that affords me the ability to frequently check in on the game even when I’m working).

This game desperately needs an addition to the main storyline, to give players something to do that doesn’t require checking in 10-12 times per day just to succeed like these past few events have.

I think it's closer to two out of three of those (I'm on track, despite not being able to use Hux and Poe) from what I'm seeing on my end, but the point that it's a ridiculously high ask is still completely valid.

This game desperately needs an addition to the main storyline, to give players something to do that doesn’t require checking in 10-12 times per day just to succeed like these past few events have.
I thought it was ridiculous that they've offered back-to-back-to-back-to-back events rather than expand the main storyline. The way I see it, they make more money on these limited-time content. If you think about it, it would be just as easy to add main storyline content and then only use characters that are also a part of the main storyline, which would help non-early players who are at least caught up. Instead, they choose to fund the game by preying on late-comers and frustrating the hell out of day-one players.

Anyone know if it is just people with Windows 10 or all Windows machines. Are some Windows computers working. Ex-IT trouble shooter lol! Especially seeing they are telling people it is beyond GameLofts control!
I've been following the saga on Gameloft's social media channels. It sounds like Microsoft can take a really long time to approve an update and Gameloft just didn't get them this update in enough time for it to go live last week - at least that's the speculation from those who seem to be more "in the know" than I :). So we're now just waiting on Microsoft to give their approval. There's also speculation that there may not have been any work done on this issue over the weekend due to key employees not working on Saturdays & Sundays, which is further delaying things.

Here's the latest Windows update from the Gameloft/DMK forums:

"Hi everyone! Just to revisit the Windows update (or lack thereof), we are still waiting to hear back from our development team and Microsoft with any news. We understand that those who still do not have the update are patiently waiting, and we understand that the wait is incredibly frustrating. We are doing everything on our end that we can, but unfortunately at this time there isn't anything we're able to do but wait, as we are still waiting on Microsoft to push the update through on their end. To clarify, the delay isn't caused by any bugs or issues that could have been worked out on our end. The update itself is and will be functional when it is made available, but as much as we'd like to give someone a shake to make the update go through faster, that's not an option we have available to us. As mentioned previously, compensation will be provided to users who have had to wait for the update, and we will provide more information on that once the update is live. Anything that we are able to do on our end is being done. We're sorry that some of you are not able to experience the event on time, but we will be providing more information once we have it"

And here's another update from Gameloft about the Windows update:

"Hey Kingdomers! We regret to inform you that the update has not yet arrived for our Windows users, due to ongoing issues within the Microsoft Store. We sincerely apologize for the delay, and thank you once more for your patience and understanding. To provide some insight as to what kind of compensation will be rolled out as a result of the delay, Windows users who could not access the event as a result of the delayed update will receive milestone rewards equivalent to the amount of time missed, including non-premium characters. More details will be given once we have more information on the update. Please keep an eye on Facebook & Twitter for further news, and again we thank you SO much for your continued patience"

And here's another update from Gameloft about the Windows update:

"Hey Kingdomers! We regret to inform you that the update has not yet arrived for our Windows users, due to ongoing issues within the Microsoft Store. We sincerely apologize for the delay, and thank you once more for your patience and understanding. To provide some insight as to what kind of compensation will be rolled out as a result of the delay, Windows users who could not access the event as a result of the delayed update will receive milestone rewards equivalent to the amount of time missed, including non-premium characters. More details will be given once we have more information on the update. Please keep an eye on Facebook & Twitter for further news, and again we thank you SO much for your continued patience"
That makes it sound like Windows users will be awarded that character that is won by clicking on the dinosaur things. I will be shocked if they go so far as to give the character, but it would be the right thing to do.

I have checked my phone exactly 10 times since the event went live, and I only know that because I finally got Fennec Shand. That is a record low for me. I like Mandalorian, but Boba Fett seemed out of reach from the start so there was little incentive to play. I hope they come up with something more exciting going into the holidays, but I won't be holding my breath.

So apparently the make-up gift for the Windows update glitch was 20 gems and a SW chest for everyone? I think that the Windows users should have been fast forwarded and received Fennec Shand. But Gameloft is apparently as greedy as we thought they were.

This is what they posted on Facebook; affected Windows users are getting quite a bit more than that:

Compensation for Windows players affected by the delay will begin rolling out today (Tuesday, November 16th) at 12:00 PM EST. All affected players on Windows will receive the following:
Concession Chest x3
Fennec Shand x1
Star Wars Legendary Chest x1
Attraction Enchantment Chest x1
Boba Fett x1

As an additional thank you, we will also begin sending players on all platforms 20 gems and 1 Star Wars Legendary Chest!

So apparently the make-up gift for the Windows update glitch was 20 gems and a SW chest for everyone? I think that the Windows users should have been fast forwarded and received Fennec Shand. But Gameloft is apparently as greedy as we thought they were.

Windows players received:
3 concession chests
1 Star Wars Legendary Chest
1 Attraction Enchantment Chest
Fennec Shand
Boba Fett

I got Boba today and now I'm punting on trying to get leaderboard rewards for this event so I can focus on getting tokens for the three new characters. The leaderboard rewards aren't good enough to dedicate my next two days to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter