Disney Magic Kingdoms

I have all of the characters needed, and I'm only at 22K. I've been logging in at least 5 times a day (way more than any other game I play) and it's just not enough. I think I'm giving up at this point. I'll be on the road most of the day tomorrow, no way I'll catch up. I used to have no problem finishing tower events, now I can't even get enough points to get the Tigger hat concession.
I am sitting at about 25,000 plus and will keep trying to get the points, not sure I will get enough.

You can gem the Tower Challenge. If you have the cocoa to refresh your characters. It's like 8 gems to rush the 2 hour task, which gets you around 330ish, with a full team. So if you can get within a couple thousand Maleficent coins, it may be worth the gems to get to the end, if you really want Shan Yu really bad. 80 gems would be over 3000 Maleficent coins. But the cocoa may be a factor. In my IOS game I have 57 cocoa (I have Khan), but my Windows game I only have 21.

I’m a little over 29k, so not sure I will get Shan Yu. Don’t really care that much on this one. I don’t have Christopher Robin, so this stalled me a bit. I don’t understand how some can accumulate so many cocoa’s. The drops haven’t been great, with the 2 characters collecting them, and chests are so-so. I think the most I have ever had during this challenge has been 15. I refresh everyone in the morning, but then you can only go 5 runs, until you have to start using cocoa. What am I missing or are some just luckier than others with drops. I don’t have Khan…

At 29k I'd say your odds are pretty good.

I'm at 30,838 with 40 cocoas left (I burn them in all 3 rounds since I don't care about the final "prize" concession and I'm not really worried.

I’m a little over 29k, so not sure I will get Shan Yu. Don’t really care that much on this one. I don’t have Christopher Robin, so this stalled me a bit. I don’t understand how some can accumulate so many cocoa’s. The drops haven’t been great, with the 2 characters collecting them, and chests are so-so. I think the most I have ever had during this challenge has been 15. I refresh everyone in the morning, but then you can only go 5 runs, until you have to start using cocoa. What am I missing or are some just luckier than others with drops. I don’t have Khan…

Responding to the part I bolded specifically:

The ad chests that you can receive are per device, not per account. So, for instance, I play this game on my phone, my home PC, my work laptop, and my home laptop, and get ads on all four. Helpful for cocoa in TC events, but also for relics in the LTE events, if you're into that kind of thing.

Not sure what will happen with my tower event. On Friday I had over 25K EC and over 20 cocoas. Then my game crashed. When I rebooted, I got the message that the event had ended and that my EC was converted to gems. Quickly rebooted again and this time the tower event re-loaded with all my points progress but my EC and cocoas were still gone. I've been able to get 4K in EC over the weekend (would have been more but with 0 cocoas I can't always run the full team anymore) but it appears that Shan Yu will be VERY out of reach with only one chapter to go. I've submitted a ticket to Gameloft but their reply time is usually pretty slow so I don't expect to hear from them before the end of the event. Here's hoping they'll at least be able to see that I was on track to get the main character and gift him to me?? Definitely having a love-hate relationship with this game recently!!

Not sure what will happen with my tower event. On Friday I had over 25K EC and over 20 cocoas. Then my game crashed. When I rebooted, I got the message that the event had ended and that my EC was converted to gems. Quickly rebooted again and this time the tower event re-loaded with all my points progress but my EC and cocoas were still gone. I've been able to get 4K in EC over the weekend (would have been more but with 0 cocoas I can't always run the full team anymore) but it appears that Shan Yu will be VERY out of reach with only one chapter to go. I've submitted a ticket to Gameloft but their reply time is usually pretty slow so I don't expect to hear from them before the end of the event. Here's hoping they'll at least be able to see that I was on track to get the main character and gift him to me?? Definitely having a love-hate relationship with this game recently!!
That's what happens when you allow interns to run a game.

Responding to the part I bolded specifically:

The ad chests that you can receive are per device, not per account. So, for instance, I play this game on my phone, my home PC, my work laptop, and my home laptop, and get ads on all four. Helpful for cocoa in TC events, but also for relics in the LTE events, if you're into that kind of thing.

Wow. I had no idea. Not sure I'd want to see more ads, but this is really helpful info. Thanks for sharing it.

I think if I really had to watch the ads, I probably wouldn't do it so much either. But for instance, I've "watched" two while catching up on this thread, and doing it during other similarly distracted times makes it more viable.

Happy to report that Gameloft returned my missing EC and cocoas this morning! Phew. They also threw in 1100 extra EC. With what I was able to accumulate over the weekend I'm now at just over 40K EC and 37 cocoas.

Also, should any of you ever need to contact Gameloft's customer care, I've been finding that the fastest way to get your concern looked at is to submit a ticket through the game, then post your issue and ticket number to gameloft's d*i*s*cord (not sure why this board won't let me type this word normally?) in their "dmk report issues" section of the disney magic kingdoms forum. If you spend money on the game it can also help get faster customer service if you mention that, although judging from the general tone on this board I would guess that might not apply to many of you, lol :)

If/When you get Shan Yu, don't waste EC on purchasing his tokens to level him up. Other characters will collect the various tokens.

It may be worth using some extra Maleficent coins to buy tokens. Since the tower challenges have such horrible gem conversions (5,000 : 1 gem, historically), I'd suggest it's certainly worth spending however many coins that might otherwise be wasted. I believe - not certain though - that the system will round up your coins, so it would be worth at least spending any coins between the range of 2,501-7,500 down to close to 2,500 (and so on) - you'd only get one gem in that entire range regardless. I've actually been trying to decide whether to just spend all my coins stocking up on tokens, compared to the 3-4 gems I would otherwise get, but that number of tokens might take a week or two to collect, so 3-4 gems are worth it to me, I think.

It may be worth using some extra Maleficent coins to buy tokens. Since the tower challenges have such horrible gem conversions (5,000 : 1 gem, historically), I'd suggest it's certainly worth spending however many coins that might otherwise be wasted. I believe - not certain though - that the system will round up your coins, so it would be worth at least spending any coins between the range of 2,501-7,500 down to close to 2,500 (and so on) - you'd only get one gem in that entire range regardless. I've actually been trying to decide whether to just spend all my coins stocking up on tokens, compared to the 3-4 gems I would otherwise get, but that number of tokens might take a week or two to collect, so 3-4 gems are worth it to me, I think.
Agreed!

Same. I suspect it's going to take forever to level this dude up, based on the lousy drop rate I've been getting yesterday and today, so I'm happy to blow my MC on his items. There's nothing in those chests I need, and the conversion to gems is downright ridiculous.

Wow. On my PC game, which I of course play far less, I only earned 2 gems for the whole event. What a waste of any effort at all. I haven't looked at what iOS is giving me for my ~30K coins. I will probably be very disappointed.

I managed to use my EC to get the guy to L3, where I suspect he will stay for a long time because of the bad drop rates. That means I got 1 gem for my 12 extra EC points. Not terrible, but I'm glad it's over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter