• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I am finally seriously considering stopping this game after Aristocats. The amount of tokens needed to level characters has been getting out of hand for a long time now. I have been playing since the first year but the need for 80-90 tokens to achieve the upper levels , I believe have finally finished me. I will finish thru Aristocats and call it quits once I level them. Better things to spend my time on!
Definitely got annoying when they started making token requirements be in multiples of 10 equal to the level of the character. I remember when the first character (Scrooge, maybe?) needed 50, and it has been all downhill from there.

I understand. They are really drawing it out.
Plus, they started slowing down collecting of tokens again. All of a sudden, I'm rarely getting Emperor hats. And the common token for the Rainbow Connection drops from maybe 3 of the 5 changes lately. Idiots.

Plus, they started slowing down collecting of tokens again. All of a sudden, I'm rarely getting Emperor hats. And the common token for the Rainbow Connection drops from maybe 3 of the 5 changes lately. Idiots.
I have been so annoyed lately by the horrendous drop rates that I started a spreadsheet (geeky, I know). Webby from Ducktales is terrible and my data confirms it, lol.

Fear’s memory token is one of the most infuriating for me right now. It’s a common token, why the heck does it take 2 characters 24 hours to complete a task?!? Completely asinine.

Me too. Weekly tasks were done yesterday and I honestly was giving it a lackluster effort. I’ve also opened an onslaught of Decoration chests this weekend. Didn’t have a task for them, but just weeeeeird

Only got one weekly left here...and it's not something I could have finished already. Open 18 Hidden Chests...I'm at 14 right now. It's an easy thing to monitor and do over the next day or so.

Still giving this season a rousing lackluster effort over here. Seem to somehow be muddling through at a good pace. Maybe I should use the slacking approach more often

Release notes show an Indiana Jones mini event starting August 17. Update available August 8.

Cruising along on the season, currently at level 54. Does seem like weekly tasks are easier. I doubt anyone will have Marion in time to help with the Indiana Jones event. Hopefully have most of the Indiana Jones people done by the time we get to Marion?

Glad to be done with the Big Deer.
Barefoot Captain is at 6, M-O is at 7.
Star Wars Emperor is at 8
Gopher at 7
Mirabel at 9
Fear 7, Anger 8, Joy 4, Sadness 10, Disgust 6.
Old James Bond 5

The Livestream announcing the upcoming Indiana Jones mini event just concluded. Marion and Henry Jones, Sr., were mentioned as part of the Season Pass content. I think most of us already knew that. If you purchased the Kingdom Pass, you probably already have Henry Sr. Marion is the reward at Level 150, so she won't really be able to help with the mini event unless you really want to use gems and $ to get her that quickly. I am just about at level 58. There is no way I could get to 150 by September 1st, when the mini event ends.

Prior to the mini event, there will be a cascading tapper event from August 10th - 16th. The final reward will be Isabella from Encanto.

For the mini event, there are going to be 3 characters. You have Sallah, Rene Belloq (Premium) and Indiana Jones. Looks like only a single new attraction as part of the mini event. There is another attraction as part of the Season/Kingdom pass (not sure if only with Kingdom).

Old James Bond 5
Ha ha. That reference cracks me up. Do you know I have never watched an entire James Bond film? But, I do love Sean Connery. Indiana Jones 3 is probably my favorite, though I haven't seen this summer's release. I went to high school with the big kid who played young Indy's friend in the opening of the third movie. Plus, I think it was the first one I saw in the actual theater.

Well the IOS store showed the Indiana John update this morning but did not have the actual update yet, but now it says Haunted Mansion Update, so something wrong.

Well the IOS store showed the Indiana John update this morning but did not have the actual update yet, but now it says Haunted Mansion Update, so something wrong.

Here's wild speculation...this season is going to end and the first event in the next season (a Tower Challenge) is going to be Haunted Mansion.

Hold up...just logged in and got the splash screen for the creepy chests with the HM characters. Clicked on the "See Chests" icon...and it took me to legendary chests...150 gems each.

The Interns must need money in this quarter for the year...they loaded the Creepy Chests with a bunch of crap to make it harder to get characters (as normal).

So is this even worth starting now? Is it at least fun for a while, before the micro transactions catch up with you?

Hold up...just logged in and got the splash screen for the creepy chests with the HM characters. Clicked on the "See Chests" icon...and it took me to legendary chests...150 gems each.
Yah…and your chances of even scoring a character are quite puny

So is this even worth starting now? Is it at least fun for a while, before the micro transactions catch up with you?

Well, if you go into it with a certain mindset, you should be okay.

The Mindset: this is an older game, so you're not going to be able to win at all the events and challenges they provide. As with anything, the more characters you have, the better you will do at all these things.

As you build your characters, you'll be able to progress more and more.

If you were to start now, I'd advise you to concentrate on progressing in the main story line and level those characters to 10...understand how the game works and the season aspect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter