• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm 102 happiness away from Marion. She'll be welcomed and the season over in my game when the weekly tasks get reset. I've been finishing seasons with roughly a week to go...it's going to be nice to have a little break.

Mr. O'Malley is going about how I expected: 9 collars and 4 hats. I picked up a few drops overnight.

I'm also getting to the point where I don't need 100 characters in the kingdom getting tokens. I've got 70 out right now getting tokens I need and event currency...I'll tell ya, they really don't want O'Malley tokens dropping: I've never gotten this many Emperor Palpatine ear hats in such quick succession.
I should have Marion after the daily’s today. As far as Orange Tabby is concerned I have 5 Bow ties and 2 Ear hats so going slow.

I still find it interesting how some people do or don't get certain tokens. I haven't received any more of the ear tokens for O'Malley in over 24 hours (still only have 1). But for the bowtie collar, I need 2 more to have all 16.

I will agree that it is nice not having to constantly have 100 characters out collecting things. Until Gameloft recently changed the weekly tasks, there were times I was running close to the 100 character limit due to the 12-hour and 24-hour tasks needed.

I have determined that currently each of O'Malley's ear tokens is 50 gems. I collected all the bowtie collar tokens, but still no advancement on the ear tokens. If I want O'Malley currently, it would be 500 gems. I think I will wait a bit to see if the drop rates improve.

Have all of the bowties here somehow. Only two of the lousy ear tokens. This game really tests me sometimes…..

I have determined that currently each of O'Malley's ear tokens is 50 gems. I collected all the bowtie collar tokens, but still no advancement on the ear tokens. If I want O'Malley currently, it would be 500 gems. I think I will wait a bit to see if the drop rates improve.
That's ridiculous. That combined with the drop rate makes me really think twice about continuing. I should not care this much though. I should be irritated and let it go.

Season is done for me. Marion is doing some tasks and I have the tokens to get her to 2. (I did plateau at 524/525 happiness for the final level last night and I just used a wish happiness to put me over. I was tired of waiting.)

O'Malley is coming along very slowly. I'm up to 13 collars and 7 hats. Total cost, in gems, for the missing items is 290. I'm within range of just buying them if needed, but there's two days left. It's around this time my drops typically get a lot better. Again, I'm not worried about this at all...Thursday morning, if I don't have O'Malley, I'll probably just buy him with gems and be on my way.

Season is done for me. Marion is doing some tasks and I have the tokens to get her to 2. (I did plateau at 524/525 happiness for the final level last night and I just used a wish happiness to put me over. I was tired of waiting.)

O'Malley is coming along very slowly. I'm up to 13 collars and 7 hats. Total cost, in gems, for the missing items is 290. I'm within range of just buying them if needed, but there's two days left. It's around this time my drops typically get a lot better. Again, I'm not worried about this at all...Thursday morning, if I don't have O'Malley, I'll probably just buy him with gems and be on my way.

I have been at 8 Bow ties and 3 Ear Hat for a day and a half. Hopefully drops improve soon.

Also in the low ear hat drop rate category. Have all bow ties but only 2 hats, one of which dropped this morning have enough gems to obtain the character but i'll wait until the last minute to do so.

I’m at 8 bow ties and 3 ears. The drop rate is ridiculous. Unless I can get that count closer to goal, I will NOT be spending tokens. I have a little less than 500 right now, and the way they keep pumping out these events, I’m sure I will need them for the next premium character. I’m missing quite a few characters as it is, so what’s one more. I would sure like to know why some get better drop rates than others.
I did get Marion yesterday, so that’s good. I can quit all the daily/weekly tasks.

I also find it interesting that there has been no mention of the ability to purchase O'Malley yet. Usually there is a push for people to pay $ to get the character.

I also find it interesting that there has been no mention of the ability to purchase O'Malley yet. Usually there is a push for people to pay $ to get the character.

Could this be part of the A/B test they ran an event or two ago? I don't have an option to buy him for real money, either I just don't remember when the real money option appeared in the past.

In the last round of tasks, one ears hat dropped...down to 13/8, respectively...or 240 gems.

Also, it looks like the next update is going to be Black Cauldron.

I wonder if they're playing games to see where they might make more money. I saw that there were different bundles available to players to help enchant buildings. Maybe they're trying to see if they make $$ that way, rather than try to sell the character for twenty bucks.

I have only picked up one bow tie in the last 24 hours. I sit at 9/16 for bowties and 4/11 for ear hats. I have felt that my drop rates for the final character have been especially bad the past few events, and I don't know if my perception is off, but it seems like more of us are experiencing that this event. It just seems like a money grab. I know they are in this to make money, but they were already walking a fine line with some of us and in my opinion they are getting dangerously close to totally turning people off. When so many work hard to hit the time wall for the final character to be in the best possible position to earn the final character, it is pretty pathetic (again in my opinion) that some face walking away from the event without O'Malley. I stupidly spent a lot of gems trying to win Ming Lei (or whatever her name is) to get my quest numbers up to gain happiness. And no, I never got her. Sometimes I feel like I should to to gambling anonymous for these stupid chests.

Good luck to everyone in this home stretch of the event. I hope that the drop rates improve. The game runners need to give some people a little free digital joy here if they want us to continue gaining any revenue from this game, or some of us might be thinking twice. Again.

I am getting ready to head back home. My IOS game, which I was able to play regularly, I am doing well. Only need 4 more hats. My Windows game, which I could only reliably play in the early morning before heading out, or the evening... I only have 3 hats, and still need 6 collars. Hopefully, once I am home, drops will pick up. At this level I still would need 580 gems, which I have, but not sure if it would be worth it (over a 500 gem character I don't have).

I am getting ready to head back home. My IOS game, which I was able to play regularly, I am doing well. Only need 4 more hats. My Windows game, which I could only reliably play in the early morning before heading out, or the evening... I only have 3 hats, and still need 6 collars. Hopefully, once I am home, drops will pick up. At this level I still would need 580 gems, which I have, but not sure if it would be worth it (over a 500 gem character I don't have).
My windows game is a disaster, lol. I struggled with collecting geese, as I was busy and it really bit me in the butt. I am not even collecting for O'Malley yet. I gave up on any hope of him in Windows, which is OK. I am still collecting for Madame Medusa there!

Got Thomas tonight. Got all the hats and missed one collar…and then time skipped to get the last. Now back to leveling and getting tokens for everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter