Disney Magic Kingdoms

I just started this game. Can you play with out spending a ton of money? I don't mind a couple bucks a month on stuff but some games become impossible to go further without spending a lot of real cash. TIA!
Depends. If you have a real FOMO (like moi) you’ll plunk down some cash for the season pass. If not, it is totally playable for free. There’s really no walls you’ll hit. You’ll just not get the premium characters, unless you’ve been able to save up gems for a while

I just started this game. Can you play with out spending a ton of money? I don't mind a couple bucks a month on stuff but some games become impossible to go further without spending a lot of real cash. TIA!
Yes, you can. However you probably will not be able to own every character/attraction/parade float. It may also feel like slow going when you first start. Over time you can build up gems for the premium characters. I have been playing for a long time, have spent a little money here and there, but still don't own all the characters.

Honestly? Unless you're able to save your gems (ie. not splurge on the lootboxes),you won't be able to get too far in events without spending money. Even the parades don't garner that great a payout anymore.

With this new update, why do the completed character activities have a blue check instead of the normal green. I skimmed through some of the notes but didn't see anything listed.

With this new update, why do the completed character activities have a blue check instead of the normal green. I skimmed through some of the notes but didn't see anything listed.
I noticed that as well yesterday. It was a bit confusing and I don't know if I like the checkmark and the bubbles being the same color. One thing I noticed this morning though. I had Merlin collect all magic at once. This time he collected for the characters as well. So if this is a new feature, I sort of like that.

Also not sure if anyone else has experienced something with the hidden chests. I noticed some time ago that the chests were always within a particular area around "main street" or just to the right of it. I haven't had to go searching in obscure places for the hidden chests. Again, a slight improvement.

I noticed that as well yesterday. It was a bit confusing and I don't know if I like the checkmark and the bubbles being the same color. One thing I noticed this morning though. I had Merlin collect all magic at once. This time he collected for the characters as well. So if this is a new feature, I sort of like that.

Also not sure if anyone else has experienced something with the hidden chests. I noticed some time ago that the chests were always within a particular area around "main street" or just to the right of it. I haven't had to go searching in obscure places for the hidden chests. Again, a slight improvement.
It's pretty much always been like that. I've had to search hard for them because they can pop up at the very back of the park.

Yes, it's a new feature in release 79 that Merlin now collects regular character activities. From the notes:

"Merlin’s Gathering Spell has been improved to collect rewards from repeatable activities from characters. Now, upon casting Merlin’s Gathering Spell you will collect rewards from all characters’ base activities in addition to everything that is currently already collected by the spell.

Activities that will not be automatically collected:
Tutorial Quests
Kingdom Quests
Side Quests
Event Related Quests – Tier 2 Tappers, Tower Events, Mega/Mini Event Story Quests
Boss Battles
Parades

All activities that can be collected from using the Gathering Spell will be assigned a different color check mark to distinguish them from other activities:
Green check mark: Quests that are only collected manually
Blue check mark: Buildings and activities that are collected through the Gathering Spell"

With new event starting tomorrow I guess it's time for a roll call/update.

Season pass 77.

Finally finished Indiana Jones collection this morning

Sword in the Stone - Ector 5, Merlin 9, Wart 8. I'll probably be done before I have enough relics to upgrade anything
Aladdin - loser prince dude 8
Aristocats - Thomas 8
Black Cauldron - Horned King 8, Eilonwy 6
Muppets - Chef 7, Rowlf 8, Kermit 9, Piggy 5, Animal 6

Got all my Mulan stuff out of storage.

With new event starting tomorrow I guess it's time for a roll call/update.

Season pass 77.

Finally finished Indiana Jones collection this morning

Sword in the Stone - Ector 5, Merlin 9, Wart 8. I'll probably be done before I have enough relics to upgrade anything
Aladdin - loser prince dude 8
Aristocats - Thomas 8
Black Cauldron - Horned King 8, Eilonwy 6
Muppets - Chef 7, Rowlf 8, Kermit 9, Piggy 5, Animal 6

Got all my Mulan stuff out of storage.
I'm thinking you won't need the Mulan stuff for a bit.

Started the event yesterday,then came to realize "what's the point"? You're checking in every two hours for tokens to try and get a character you have absolutely no chance in obtaining.

Started the event yesterday,then came to realize "what's the point"? You're checking in every two hours for tokens to try and get a character you have absolutely no chance in obtaining.
Not necessarily true, though. I'm on track to hit all of the milestones so far.

Not necessarily true, though. I'm on track to hit all of the milestones so far.
Agreed. I am at 36 of the bird cage things now, and should be completely done with that part of it in a couple hours with the attraction enhancement chest or whatever it is, with 2.5 days to go. The crab things I am at about 3/4 of the way done, and at current rate should be done sometime tomorrow. Will be putting away all characters each step of the way that I can after I re-max each item; I have no use to pursue anything for the leaderboards. The firecrackers I'll be done with as soon as I finish the crabs tomorrow, but sure I'll keep collecting them when I am in the game anyway.

Agreed. I am at 36 of the bird cage things now, and should be completely done with that part of it in a couple hours with the attraction enhancement chest or whatever it is, with 2.5 days to go. The crab things I am at about 3/4 of the way done, and at current rate should be done sometime tomorrow. Will be putting away all characters each step of the way that I can after I re-max each item; I have no use to pursue anything for the leaderboards. The firecrackers I'll be done with as soon as I finish the crabs tomorrow, but sure I'll keep collecting them when I am in the game anyway.
Yep. Just wrapped up my last crab, all tokens are maxed and everything unnecessary is back in storage. Still with a full two days to spare.

Last edited:
These crabs are slower than heck for me. I'm up to 73 and got two characters out for them now. That'll put me five away in the next two hours. All I want is the dang happiness. :)

Also been working on a lot of characters to 10: The Bride, Merlin, Horned King, all Indy/Aristocats characters. And got a bunch at 9 just collecting tokens: Achmen, Fflewddur, Gurgi, Taran, Rowlf, Wart and Gord. Gord is by far the hardest to collect for.

These crabs are slower than heck for me. I'm up to 73 and got two characters out for them now. That'll put me five away in the next two hours. All I want is the dang happiness. :)

Also been working on a lot of characters to 10: The Bride, Merlin, Horned King, all Indy/Aristocats characters. And got a bunch at 9 just collecting tokens: Achmen, Fflewddur, Gurgi, Taran, Rowlf, Wart and Gord. Gord is by far the hardest to collect for.
I’m having the same crabby luck. May have to use some fast forward thingies to make it happen. Definitely not waking up in the middle of the night to do it

Been a bit since I’ve seen you on here. Hope all is well😀

I’m having the same crabby luck. May have to use some fast forward thingies to make it happen. Definitely not waking up in the middle of the night to do it

Finished the crabs last night. Finally. :D

And started Prince Achmed to 10.
Been a bit since I’ve seen you on here. Hope all is well😀
100% good. I just needed to get away from some stuff for a while...but I had to come back. :D

Moving right along with this event. Since I have the Toboggan attraction from a prior season, I'm now waiting for the last character to unlock in a week. Got Ling ready for 3, Chien-Po at 2. Planning on getting them as far along as possible in the next week. Also finished all but two of the event tasks.

Sitting in Level 98 for the season and will be in 99 by EOD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter