Disney Magic Kingdoms

Wishing you and your mom the best❤️ My mom lives with us, and 81 is not terribly easy here
Thank you. I really should not complain. She is a *great* 90, but everyone at that age has to have at least occasional challenges. And I guess it does keep me busy lately because, idiot that I am, I was thinking that the event ended on Saturday instead of Friday (why, I really don't know). I needed only 3 hats to get the last Mulan guy and could have ended it buying them with gems, but the event was over before I realized. So much for what's his name. Phooey.

No real shock...Ice Age video drops on Friday. Good chance the new event starts on March 14.

If you don't follow DMK on IG, then yes, you have missed some of the outcry. But it really is no different than any other update. Besides the "Ice Age is not Disney" comments, there is always the "I need more land" comments or people suggesting other Disney animated movies that they could use. Then there are also the comments about no longer playing the game. I don't understand those people, if you don't play the game any more then why comment on a post that isn't relevant to you. But alas, trying to apply logic to social media platforms and people "shouting" in a vacuum.

Finished the Shimmery Shiny event with the 28 crabs. Should be done with the Lunch on the Loose today (sitting at 11)...I'm only worried about the happiness.

If you don't follow DMK on IG, then yes, you have missed some of the outcry. But it really is no different than any other update. Besides the "Ice Age is not Disney" comments, there is always the "I need more land" comments or people suggesting other Disney animated movies that they could use. Then there are also the comments about no longer playing the game. I don't understand those people, if you don't play the game any more then why comment on a post that isn't relevant to you. But alas, trying to apply logic to social media platforms and people "shouting" in a vacuum.

My argument for these people is that Ice Age, Muppets, Pixar and Star Wars are all Disney in the same way: Disney purchased their parent companies. I didn't hear anyone complaining with Pixar additions, so everyone complaining with SW or Ice Age can go suck a lemon. With all due respect.

My argument for these people is that Ice Age, Muppets, Pixar and Star Wars are all Disney in the same way: Disney purchased their parent companies. I didn't hear anyone complaining with Pixar additions, so everyone complaining with SW or Ice Age can go suck a lemon. With all due respect.
To be fair, Pixar was always connected with Disney. I don't like the SW characters in my park, but they are also in the real parks, so I get it. The Muppets have been affiliated with Disney for a long time (as in Muppetvision 3D). I don't think there is any connection to Disney or the parks with Ice Age, so I get the frustration. I figure it's ok if people want to vent about a stupid game though.

To be fair, Pixar was always connected with Disney. I don't like the SW characters in my park, but they are also in the real parks, so I get it. The Muppets have been affiliated with Disney for a long time (as in Muppetvision 3D). I don't think there is any connection to Disney or the parks with Ice Age, so I get the frustration. I figure it's ok if people want to vent about a stupid game though.
This nicely sums up my thoughts on the Ice Age bit. They aren't, but I somehow expect Ice Age characters to be walking around Universal, not Disney. Star Tours opened at MGM back in 1987, Muppetvision in 1991.The Fox acquisition was completed in 2019 and for whatever reason, they haven't moved on these properties until now. I'm fine with not having Marvel characters in my park, as I figure this franchise should probably have its own version of this game.

In the end, it's fine if people want to complain. No skin off my nose from the "I don't like this IP and won't play" crowd. Also, no skin off my nose when Ice Age is used in a future event/whatever and those same people are at a disadvantage because of their decisions.

Ice Age may not have a presence in the parks, but Disney+ did make two direct to streaming projects...Adventures of Buck Wild and Scrat Tales.

Again, I don't really care. I'm going to play like I always do. 🤷‍♂️

Never heard of those shows (and I have Disney+). It just seems pretty lame when they have plenty of Disney things to choose from.

This has never been a rah-rah Gameloft is awesome thread, and I prefer to hear what people think, even when it's negative.

Never heard of those shows (and I have Disney+). It just seems pretty lame when they have plenty of Disney things to choose from.

This has never been a rah-rah Gameloft is awesome thread, and I prefer to hear what people think, even when it's negative.
I didn't say rah-rah Gameloft. Never said opinions couldn't be negative. Please don't think I did.

I just play the game because I enjoy it, and it’s the only game I play. I have played from the very beginning. I haven’t even seen a lot of the Disney movies or any others for that matter. I guess since I have been playing from the beginning, it’s more of a FOMO if I stopped. It is what it is.

iOS update has apparently been delayed. GL promises it will be available before the start of the event.

I just play the game because I enjoy it, and it’s the only game I play. I have played from the very beginning. I haven’t even seen a lot of the Disney movies or any others for that matter. I guess since I have been playing from the beginning, it’s more of a FOMO if I stopped. It is what it is.
I think that FOMO is why I'm still playing, too.

iOS update has apparently been delayed. GL promises it will be available before the start of the event.
This is probably one of the first times that the iOS update has been delayed. I keep refreshing my app updates in anticipation. lol

Also just got the iOS update. There's some new daily happiness tasks, but that's about it so far. Plus a bonus 800 happiness which gets me into tier 134 for the season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter