Disney MagicMobile Service is Here!

Thanks mrsap. Looks simple if everyone has their own iOS phone. Looks more painful when everyone's tickets are on one device. I don't want to swipe each time to find their tickets/bands.

It's a catch-22 though. I personally don't like wearing a magic band, but I also don't like swiping around on my phone for each person's ticket/FPs.

Dan

You’re welcome!! Yeah, I mean, it seems simple enough to use, but obviously not as convenient as a MB. It’s good for people who might be first timers and don’t want to spend the extra money for a magic band, but I personally can’t see many of the regulars switching to mobile instead of using a MB.

Perhaps I'm an exception, but I'll be happy to use my Apple Watch (which I wear all the time) instead of bringing a MB.

Watch, yes, but phone I don’t see many people running to switch to. But that’s just my thoughts.

i for one like magic bands. I have an iPhone but I just don't really like my phone being such a big part of everything I do. I know that's not a popular opinion. It's like your life is on this hand held device.

i for one like magic bands. I have an iPhone but I just don't really like my phone being such a big part of everything I do. I know that's not a popular opinion. It's like your life is on this hand held device.

I feel the same. I don't have an Apple phone, don't want one. I like Magic Bands as I can drop them on the cement without losing $1K and all my data if I don't have a spare phone lying around.

No worries MBs will be around for a very very long time. As part of the Disney MobileMagic Service they clearly mention new MB offerings are still coming with new designs. This is just another option for guests.

Dave

Perhaps I'm an exception, but I'll be happy to use my Apple Watch (which I wear all the time) instead of bringing a MB.
Options are good, but I don't think you are the exception. I use my Phone and Watch for everything and I'm super excited about this. Magic Bands were fun, but I will be so happy to just use my watch or Phone, which I always have with me anyway. Contactless everything has become the norm in my neck of the woods and it's one of the few things I'm happy to see continue post-pandemic. As to whether the tech works, that is always something that is evolving. I had many times where a Magic Band or even a MYW Card didn't scan or work properly, so I'm not sure that an issue. I know everyone's mileage will vary, but for me, I always need to have my phone charged and to be accessible, even on vacation and I'm surprised that this represents a new concern with this option. I had to figure the "keep my phone charged" piece of the travel puzzle a long time ago...

Yet another indication that Disney has done a poor job of explaining how this works. People are afraid that their phone batteries won't last. This system uses the same technology that transit touch systems use. The only power drain is a very small burst when actually touched to the tap style. If that drains your battery then its really time for a new phone.

Yet another indication that Disney has done a poor job of explaining how this works. People are afraid that their phone batteries won't last. This system uses the same technology that transit touch systems use. The only power drain is a very small burst when actually touched to the tap style. If that drains your battery then its really time for a new phone.
I might not be so concerned that this application will drain my battery, as much as I'm worried that my phone will already be dead when I need it to open the resort room at the end of the day.

I feel the same. I don't have an Apple phone, don't want one. I like Magic Bands as I can drop them on the cement without losing $1K and all my data if I don't have a spare phone lying around.
I hope you're right.
Except its also going to be used for purchases and I would expect on rides, so its going to have to be active during the ride.
To date, I've found MDE to be a big battery drain in the park and I expect this to just add to it.

I wonder if you will be able to add Disney gift cards so you can pay more easily with them, especially for mobile ordering.

I know that Disney is going to implement the usage of the DISNEY GENIE app.
But if I am not going back until MAY 2022... would this mean that I am going to be handling my cell phone to do everything?

To pay for a meal, pay for a purchase, a mere snack, park and ressie tickets, the key to my room, etc.

This new app is all fine and well, but I for one only use my Phone to look for a new fast pass or take a picture. Otherwise I am comfortable keeping in my cell phone in my tote bag and not having to take it out.

I actually LOVE having that band on my wrist and doing everything via that TOUCH / DONE mechanism.

Will we have a choice or are they going to do away with the Magic Band?
I just purchased the 5 Dollar band for my next visit in 2022 - and I don't mind paying a couple of dollars for the band. But I do mind if they are going to get rid of the utter convenience of the hands-free wrist Magic Band.

I may even take out my phone more than I realize. But even with that said - that's not the same as having to have it in my hand.

Does anyone know if they are phasing out the Bands completely???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter