Disney Masks ... Predictable

Companies like Disney can’t win.

They initially pay all their employees. Then when they furlough them (where most will make just as much If not more), they pay the employee premiums for insurance. Then people want the 125% cruise credit.

Then they get mad at Disney when they donate some masks and find an actual revenue stream at the same time to help pay for all the stuff people want to hear them do.

They don't look very pleated/contoured to me....mostly flat, which isn't my preference. The description also doesn't talk much about the material or construction (i.e. 3 layers?? is there a form able nose strip?) Price isn't bad, but I'm thinking we will pass.
Good call. It's just a cute mask. Read the disclaimer: Disclaimer: This Disney cloth face mask is not a surgical face mask which provides liquid barrier protection. This cloth face mask should not be used (1) in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high; (2) for antimicrobial or antiviral protection or related uses or uses for infection prevention or reduction or related uses; (3) as a respiratory protective device, or (4) for high risk aerosol-generating procedures. Disney makes no warranties, either express or implied, that the face mask prevents infection or the transmission of viruses or diseases.

Companies like Disney can’t win.

They initially pay all their employees. Then when they furlough them (where most will make just as much If not more), they pay the employee premiums for insurance. Then people want the 125% cruise credit.

Then they get mad at Disney when they donate some masks and find an actual revenue stream at the same time to help pay for all the stuff people want to hear them do.

Right..and they aren't even price gouging. 4 for $19 is not bad. Random people in my neighborhood are making them themselves with rubber bands and selling for $10-$15 each and no one has an issue with that

Folks this is the first step in the new normal. Now that they are on Shop Disney, they will be sold in the parks and on the cruises and Disney could make them mandatory in public areas of cruises and in the parks.

All those people who say oh I'm not wearing a mask in Disney parks or on a Disney cruise, it will ruin the magic and the experience, will have to make a choice, either wear the mask or don't experience Disney!

The trouble is restaurants are public areas so how are people going to eat and drink? :confused3

Right..and they aren't even price gouging. 4 for $19 is not bad. Random people in my neighborhood are making them themselves with rubber bands and selling for $10-$15 each and no one has an issue with that
Agree, although I wish they were selling them per mask instead of groups of 4. I had to order 12 masks for our family of 5 because between us we covered all three different size ranges.

I am excited and bummed at the same time. Excited because I actually really want a mask but can't find one anywhere online that doesn't look super sketchy. Bummed because this probably means masks will be required at the parks and not looking forward to that in august, blech.

The trouble is restaurants are public areas so how are people going to eat and drink? :confused3
We do the same as they have been doing in Asia for years, you take them off during dinner.

From the Disneyland Shanghai App:
Guests must wear a mask during their entire visit (except when dining), and will also be reminded to maintain respectful social distances at all times while in stores, queues and restaurants.

Folks this is the first step in the new normal. Now that they are on Shop Disney, they will be sold in the parks and on the cruises and Disney could make them mandatory in public areas of cruises and in the parks.

All those people who say oh I'm not wearing a mask in Disney parks or on a Disney cruise, it will ruin the magic and the experience, will have to make a choice, either wear the mask or don't experience Disney!
It's an easy choice for me. 🙂 If masks are required, I'll use my money somewhere else.

Good call. It's just a cute mask. Read the disclaimer: Disclaimer: This Disney cloth face mask is not a surgical face mask which provides liquid barrier protection. This cloth face mask should not be used (1) in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high; (2) for antimicrobial or antiviral protection or related uses or uses for infection prevention or reduction or related uses; (3) as a respiratory protective device, or (4) for high risk aerosol-generating procedures. Disney makes no warranties, either express or implied, that the face mask prevents infection or the transmission of viruses or diseases.
You are one of the few that actually read the description. Slap Mickey on anything and people will be hurting themselves to throw their money at Disney.

They are replenishing the "sold out" stock. Expected delivery date is now 7/15.

I have a few of these. It was well before Covid-19, but my parents apparently got them in the waiting room at a medical office. They asked if they could take a few just in case my kid was visiting and they were being treated for something, and they said it was fine.

c1486_child_face_mask_sell_sheet.pdf

The price seems to vary depending on quantity, but I understand a single box of 75 would have cost less than $25 while a case of 10 boxes might have cost less than $160. About 12 cents each. Of course they're near impossible to find these days. Almost always unavailable or listed as being on backorder.

I am in a "mandatory face covering" state and prior to that, my employer instituted mandatory face covering while at work and this description of the mask exactly fits my state and employer's description of a face covering.

My job in emergency medical services (I am not a service provider but work with them) has a very detailed standing order about when the providers are to wear these face coverings and when to wear surgical or N95 masks during patient care and I will tell you that they wear these most of the time.

The face covering are to protect everyone else from an asymptomatic person from unknowingly spreading the virus. If a person is sick they should be isolated. No need for the general public to wear anything other than this type mask. Save the surgical ones for those in the medical field.

I’m in a mandatory mask county and I ordered some this morning, first round. It’s 4 to a set, so $5 each. I haven’t been able to find any for that price! For a family of 6, needing multiple masks, this was a great price point. The added bonus of them donating masks and sales revenue makes me feel better about it. I’ve also ordered from Etsy and local makers.

Wearing masks will be the norm for quite a while and I want to make sure I have enough for all of us. So yes, by June and July, we’ll still need these.

As for the disclaimer, that has been on all homemade masks. It’s legalese they’ve all had to put on their sales so that people don’t believe they’re medical grade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter