• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney names for a dog

My kids named my Great Dane "Disney", I was going to name her "Rapunzel" after my favorite Disney movie but the kids decided she should be called "Disney" instead.

My mom and I are thinking about getting a new doggy. I want to give it a Disney name naturally. So far we have considered Nemo. We're hoping for a boy so if you guys have any ideas pleas share!

My doggy is Tiki-Bird, named after the Tiki Room. He's a cutey too--fluffy white Bichon with little black nose and round button eyes. :goodvibes

We got Lady first, then we just HAD to have Tramp about 3 months later. 2 weeks ago we got Tinkerbell.

Lady is a chihuahua/papillion mix. She looks just like Lady from the movie. We got her in Feb. Tramp is chihuahua/terrier mix and is black and white. He looks nothing like the "Tramp", but he is our Tramp. Tink is a teacup chihuahua. She is so tiny and dainty, just like Tinkerbell. We got her 2 weeks ago when her owner was going to get rid of her, and not in a nice way, so we saved her.

I call Tinkerbell my "parrot pooch". When I am working on school, she climbs up on my shoulder and watches what I am doing.

My dog is baloo. We were planning on adopting after our trip 6 years ago and said we'd name him or her after the first character we saw (we started at ak). If he were a girl he'd be daisy. :)

My brother kept it simple-his dog is pluto

My shih-tsu is named Topolino. We call him Topo for short.

The Italians refer to Mickey Mouse as Topolino. It literally translates to tiny mouse (Topo is mouse, Lino is tiny).

Doug from Up :)

draft_lens17571449module148748893photo_1299561126dug_up.jpg

We have a yorkie and his name is Mickey....of course named for Mickey Mouse!

We had a Schnauzer named Mickey and our neighbors had a dog named Minnie once. The kids loved it so I am a bit biased towards those names. :)

Ginny Favers said:
Every time there is a thread like this, I suggest Teenchi.

I have yet to have anyone go for it, though. Probably because it sounds like a cootie.

Curious, where does Teenchi come from? Don't know if we'll pick that but I've never heard it before

We love our boy Koda named after the bear in Brother Bear. We sometimes call him Koda Bear :)

DS named his dog Koda because of the Disney movie and also because he is a faithful Bears fan - He calls her DA Koda.:thumbsup2

Good luck and enjoy your soon to be furry family member.

We have a yorkie and his name is Mickey....of course named for Mickey Mouse!

When I was growing up we had a Yorkie named Mickey. Prior to Mickey we had beagle mixes named Daisy and Casey.

We now have a shih-tzu mix named Nala. I love her name. Most people don't get the Disney connection--my sister told me recently she thought we named her after Halle Barry's daughter. Others tell us we need a Simba.

My next dog will be a female French Bulldog named Disney. If I can convince my DH I would also like a male frenchie named Stitch!

We were watching Tangled last night and Maximus (the palace horse) reminded me of our dog and how he acts sometimes. I thought Maximus would be a good name, plus you could call him Max for short I guess.

Well we have our puppy. He's a yorkie Maltese mix. We named him Banjo which isn't a Disney name but I associate it with the banjos on Splash Mountain. And he loves the Mickey Mouse toy I bought him. And he's going to be Eeyore for Halloween

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter