• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney NEW online and in park game- Muppet Experiment

mir4mad

Mouseketeer
FYI- anyone going to visit disneyland by Dec.16 and is an annual passholder?
There is a link to join and even though I will not be visiting disneyland and am not an annual passholder it let me register.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com...t-sends-annual-passholders-through-time/3244/

Muppet Experiment sends Annual Passholders on adventure through time
December 8th, 2008, 1:00 pm · Post a Comment · posted by Sally French

Disney recently launched an online and in park game, available exclusively to Disneyland Resort annual passholders.

The interactive game that involves text messages and cell phones, called The Muppet Experiment, opens with the back-story of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew’s lastest experiment, the Muppet Labs Time Rewinder. The experiment goes awry and the Muppets get lost in time, so players join in the game by becoming test subjects. They are asked to help bring the Muppets back to 2008 through a series of trivia questions, puzzles and more.

The first step of the Muppet Experiment is an online version, where players solve four puzzles that relate to the Muppets.

After completing the online portion, players go to Disney’s California Adventure, where they are sent on a quasi-scavenger hunt. Questions require players to visit various locations throughout the park in search of details, including a stop at Muppet Vision 3D. To answer each in park question, players send a text message with their guess.

After successfully answering all the questions, players will be sent to California Adventure’s newest attraction, the Blue Sky Cellar, to receive a commemorative prize.

The Muppet Experiment is reminiscent of the retired Virtual Magic Kingdom quests, which were part of Disneyland’s 50th anniversary promotion.
:mad:

The game engaging for Disneyland fans and Muppet fans alike. After many trips to California Adventure, the game is something new and unique for passholders, and points out many hidden details in the park. It is challenging enough for even the most devoted Disney fans, but still fun for the casual guest.

Some questions are more difficult than others. In particular, the online questions require either intense knowledge of Muppet trivia, or quite a bit of research on the Internet. The in-park questions, however, are easier.

The idea of using cellphones is interesting, but does have its drawbacks. When I played the game, there were a few minor technical difficulties during game play with the texting, and those without the ability to text are not able to participate in the in park portion. Through the concept of the Time Rewinder, the game tied in well with California Adventure’s future plans for expansion, and fit nicely in with the Blue Sky Cellar.

The game ends on December 16. To join in The Muppet Experiment, click here.

The Muppet Experiment is free to play, but standard text message rates do apply.

Tips for playing The Muppet Experiment:

Do you have a tip for playing The Muppet Experiment? Leave it as a comment below.

* If you get stuck, many Disney fan sights post hints and sometimes spoilers to the answers.
* Wikipedia is helpful for finding answers to the online questions.
* Ask cast members for help with the in park questions. If you are directed to a certain area or attraction, ask a cast member assigned to that area. Otherwise, ask cast members at the Blue Sky Cellar.

Awe, that does bring back memories of vmk :( Sounds like ours old quests. I never even got to go on one either!
Anyways- I wish I was a Disneyland annual passholder. That sounds like alot of fun, and I absolutely love the muppets!

I wonder if they'll bring this to WDW as well..
The in-park part sounds a bit like the Kim Possible Adventure that will be starting at Epcot's World Showcase sometime soon. The best part is that Epcot actually will loan you the "communicators" to use. There are also interactive part of the Epcot "game" where your communiocator will get something to happen near where you.

The in-park part sounds a bit like the Kim Possible Adventure that will be starting at Epcot's World Showcase sometime soon. The best part is that Epcot actually will loan you the "communicators" to use. There are also interactive part of the Epcot "game" where your communiocator will get something to happen near where you.

Yeah but dont you have to have cingular or something? Some sort of phone service that not everyone has... and muppets are way better than Kim Possible! I used to watch the show when I was younger, but not everyone can get into that experience like the muppet one at DLR it seems.

So Disneyland has a muppets 3D too! i didn't know that! I learn something new everyday...lol anyways, does anyone know if its the same?

Yeah but dont you have to have cingular or something? Some sort of phone service that not everyone has... and muppets are way better than Kim Possible!...
The "Kimmunicators" that they loan you will have the Verizon (I think) service included and paid for by Disney.

Just saw that they are soft opening the "game" now for 3 days and then it will
go live in early January.

The "Kimmunicators" that they loan you will have the Verizon (I think) service included and paid for by Disney.

Just saw that they are soft opening the "game" now for 3 days and then it will
go live in early January.

Oh! So its even included! That's so cool, now I'll have to check it out. On the rumor's board (the last time I checked) They didn't say the service was included. That's nice to know :) Thanks!

So Disneyland has a muppets 3D too! i didn't know that! I learn something new everyday...lol anyways, does anyone know if its the same?

Muppets 3D @ DCA is exactly the same as in HS.

I think it'd be difficult for them to bring this Muppet experiment to HS bc the experiment is set in Cali. Then the in-park q's has some answers that pertain to Cali and parts of the park, so they would have to do a whole new q set for HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter