Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Child Climbs Pyramid at Coronado Springs Dig Site Pool, Rescued by Onlookers

A video uploaded to a Facebook group depicts a young child at the top of a decorative fountain being rescued by two swimmers next to the Dig Site Pool at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

View attachment 662846
Where are the Disney CMs? It seems that they should have been aware of this. All it takes is scanning the Pyramid every few mins. A lot of parents never watch their kids at the pools! Kids always go into the hot tubs with out adult supervision from my experiences.

Disneyland doesn't have the 2 to 3 ride disclaimer.
That doesn't surprise me. Disneyland is a local park. Locals are less likely to buy a product like Genie+, as they know there will be another visit soon. They know the rides, they can skip it more easily, or decide to wait in the standby line. There is less of a need to do it all.
WDW is a more expensive vacation, for some a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, there is more need to 'do it all' or 'make sure you get your money's worth'.

Things like Genie+ work when there are not too many users.

Unless... Genie+ isn’t part of the AP, right? Maxpass was, but they didn't carryover that benefit with the introduction of Genie+?

That doesn't surprise me. Disneyland is a local park. Locals are less likely to buy a product like Genie+, as they know there will be another visit soon. They know the rides, they can skip it more easily, or decide to wait in the standby line. There is less of a need to do it all.
WDW is a more expensive vacation, for some a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, there is more need to 'do it all' or 'make sure you get your money's worth'.

Unless... Genie+ isn’t part of the AP, right? Maxpass was, but they didn't carryover that benefit with the introduction of Genie+?
Genie+/ILL is not part of any AP at either resort. APs do not get any discount on G+/ILL at either resort.

I'm just gonna say, as a long time Dland visitor and former lover and user of Maxpass.... I'm amazed to see Genie+ failing so spectacularly there. Like, WDW was and is different, but over in CA, they had data!!! And they still were like "no we don't care" and now they're like "oh poopy."

It's literally the shocked pikachu face meme if any of you know that.

First impressions and early review of EPCOT's 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' as preview rides begin

Note that the following article is full of spoilers. Stop reading now if you do not want to know everything about the "Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind" rider experience.

Also, photography during current previews is restricted as work is still underway on some show scenes. Early previews have also been beginning at load, bypassing the queue and pre-show. Information in this guide relating to the queue and preshow is based on previously released details. The ride experience description is based on preview rides taking place now.

Whenever I’ve used Genie+ out here, I easily get 5+ rides in at a minimum. (With a park hopper and only spending like 6-7hrs here) I’ve never gotten only 2-3 rides, so we don’t really need the disclaimer.

It definitely doesn’t work like MaxPass, but I still think it’s a pretty good deal if you don’t get to go often. I’m a MagicKey holder and a vlogger, so I got all the time. I’ve tested using both Genie+ and without and there’s definitely benefit to using it but you can still have a good time without it.

However, when I went to WDW, I was surprised at how FEW rides I was able to book per day. They definitely book up faster there and the 2-3 rides is a good disclaimer to have. I got it for MK one day and at opening Jungle Cruise wasn’t available to book until 7:30pm, sometimes later. I haven’t seen issues like that here yet.

It definitely needs some more tweaking.

My one major complaint at Disneyland is that it’s $20 and they make it sound like a great deal because it includes Photopass photos. But, if you’re a family of 5, you don’t each need a Photopass, so I don’t think that makes sense. I’d rather they charge $15 with a $5 add on for Photopass. This way just one person can get it.

Whenever I’ve used Genie+ out here, I easily get 5+ rides in at a minimum. (With a park hopper and only spending like 6-7hrs here) I’ve never gotten only 2-3 rides, so we don’t really need the disclaimer.

It definitely doesn’t work like MaxPass, but I still think it’s a pretty good deal if you don’t get to go often. I’m a MagicKey holder and a vlogger, so I got all the time. I’ve tested using both Genie+ and without and there’s definitely benefit to using it but you can still have a good time without it.

However, when I went to WDW, I was surprised at how FEW rides I was able to book per day. They definitely book up faster there and the 2-3 rides is a good disclaimer to have. I got it for MK one day and at opening Jungle Cruise wasn’t available to book until 7:30pm, sometimes later. I haven’t seen issues like that here yet.

It definitely needs some more tweaking.

My one major complaint at Disneyland is that it’s $20 and they make it sound like a great deal because it includes Photopass photos. But, if you’re a family of 5, you don’t each need a Photopass, so I don’t think that makes sense. I’d rather they charge $15 with a $5 add on for Photopass. This way just one person can get it.
You are a professional Disney visitor, you know what you are doing, the average visitor doesn't.
Because Disneyland has so many locals, there is a larger share of the guests who know what they are doing, which results in less complaints. Less complaints is no need for a disclaimer or a popup.

My guess is the price in Disneyland is higher because there are less rides (only 2 parks in comparison to 4) and more locals who are less likely to get Genie+.

But there are plenty of threads to discuss the pros and cons of Genie +. Let's go back to the news!

Disneyland Paris is working on tech solution to enforce purchase limits
As reported by ED92, who had an informal chat with Natacha Rafalski, president of DLP.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Song List

With Cast Member previews underway at EPCOT, Cast are sharing their first impressions on social media. The general consensus appears to be that the ride is a thrilling and fun adventure with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Of course, when Disney includes the Guardians of the Galaxy in their theme parks, they also include some fun soundtracks such as on Mission: BREAKOUT in Disney California Adventure. In this article, we’re going to compile a list of songs that guests will hear on Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Keep in mind that this list is not yet final.

Also, it’s worth noting that, just like Mission: BREAKOUT, you will hear only one song per ride and not multiple songs per ride like you do on Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster. Here’s the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind song list so far:

Cosmic Rewind Song List​

• Everybody Wants to Rule the World – Tears for Fears
  • Conga – Gloria Estefan
  • 9 to 5 – Dolly Parton
  • I Ran (So Far Away) – A Flock of Seagulls
  • Disco Inferno – The Trammps

Disney has since sadly confirmed this to be true:

Baby Zebra tragically dies at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Guests staying at Animal Kingdom lodge watched as Disney Cast Members tried to save the life of the baby zebra who ran head-first into a gate after being spooked by two ostriches that had just been released into the safari enclosure.

In an email to WESH a Disney spokesperson said: “We are heartbroken over the loss of our Hartmann’s mountain zebra that passed away yesterday, and we ask that you keep our dedicated animal care Cast Members in your thoughts.”

Oh, this is so sad, we saw him when we were there in December.

I haven’t counted recently but it used to be that the 2 parks in Anaheim had more rides than all 4 in Florida. I think that’s still the case.
i didn’t count them but google had 39 plus 18 rides at DL/CAand 52 for WDW.

Rides that move not shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter