Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'll have an issue getting a new supplier. If I had to guess, they'll either go with the cheapest bidder or try to get a sponsorship.
I would agree. Seems like it would be a lucrative contract for a supplier, not just for the amounts they would supply, but to put your name in front of lots and lots of guests. I'm a bit surprised that it didn't fare better for H2O+. I switched to using their products at home during the pandemic when I couldn't travel to Disney to bring that little slice of Disney home.

Agreed. Universal's 1 hour early entry makes WDW's 30 minutes seem like nothing. My guess is because they don't have enough staff for the extra 30 minutes but who knows.
I know they have a hard enough time with the 30Mins.... as often the rides aren't fully up and going at that point.

In the past we got an hour, and if everything checked out and was ready... they'd often give you an extra 10 - 20 Mins. So really this 30 Mins, is a cut back.... And then extra evening hours are only two nights a week, and only deluxe resort guest... that's not much of a perk. Especially if your doing a Thursday and Monday trip (leaving long before late hours).

People tell me they are going, but they are staying off site...and saving $1000+, I can't really blame them.

DVC News:

Save On DCL Voyages In Late 2022

Disney Vacation Club members can save on select cruises in November and December 2022 when booking their trip with points or cash. The point costs for a handful of Disney Cruise Line voyages later this year have been discounted by as much as 35% off the original cost. The trips are all 4 and 5-night sailings out of Miami, Florida and Galveston, Texas with most departure dates in December 2022. Eligible cruises are as follows:

Miami, Florida
  • 5 nights November 26 - December 1 on Disney Dream
  • 4 nights December 1-5 on Disney Dream
  • 5 nights December 10-15 on Disney Dream
  • 4 nights December 15-19 on Disney Dream
  • 4 nights December 29 - January 2 on Disney Dream
  • 5 nights December 24-29 on Disney Dream
Galveston, Texas
  • 5 nights December 13-18 on Disney Magic
  • 4 nights December 23-27 on Disney Magic
Contact DVC member services for exact rates and availability.

The offer is available only for stateroom categories 04A - 11C. If DVC members are currently booked in one of these staterooms using points or a combination of points and cash, the updated rates will be automatically applied.

DVC points applied toward non-DVC destinations are converted to Reservation Points. If the booking is later cancelled, Reservation Points may not be used toward stays at DVC resorts. Other restrictions may apply.

Full payment is due at the time of the reservation. A $95 transaction fee applies. This offer and all DCL points reservations are only available to DVC points which qualify for Membership Magic.

Interesting that they have changed the Disney+ day date. Last year it was in November when we were there!
I think it’s because in the past it was the anniversary of launch however they want to announce all the upcoming programs before those that got the 3 year contract have to renew to entice them to stay with the service…. Plus it coincides with everyone in Anaheim for d23

How do they know which guests have Disney+ when they enter the park...not like we have a membership card or anything to prove it??? I checked and it doesnt show up on MDE and my resort reservation was made with the Disney Visa card since it was a better deal.

You can show that you are signed into the Disney+ app on your phone.

I think it’s because in the past it was the anniversary of launch however they want to announce all the upcoming programs before those that got the 3 year contract have to renew to entice them to stay with the service…. Plus it coincides with everyone in Anaheim for d23

Yeah we have one of those, and really wondering why we should keep it... Like with some of the others, we might sign up on a month by month biases and catch up on some shows, and then let it go for six months or so. While I like some of the original content.... that's ten episodes with maybe four of five shows. I've enjoyed doing some flashbacks to the old days of Disney, but I'm caught up now. Really make you wonder how the networks managed to run 18 - 30 shows a season and push out 25 episodes a piece (and actually have some dialog ;) )

Interesting that they have changed the Disney+ day date. Last year it was in November when we were there!
We were there last year, too, and it was really fun. We got a hat and t-shirt upon entering HS (6:00am walk over for the win!), and there were so many rare characters out in the parks. We ended the day with a viewing of Rogue One at the DS AMC. It was packed and all-around awesome. We were looking forward to it this year, but we have a wedding to attend that weekend in DC, so it’s just not in the cards for us this year 😭

Disney+ Removes Original Avatar in Lead-In to Upcoming Sequel Release

Disney has said nothing about the removal but fans are speculating that the timing of the move coincides with the release of the sequel as well as Disney’s plans to rerelease the original Avatar in theaters this Fall.

Some are convinced that the move is Disney’s way of driving audiences to the theater to see the original. This however isn’t sitting right with some Disney+ subscribers who argue they are already paying a monthly subscription fee which should include access to the film.

Disney+ Removes Original Avatar in Lead-In to Upcoming Sequel Release

Disney has said nothing about the removal but fans are speculating that the timing of the move coincides with the release of the sequel as well as Disney’s plans to rerelease the original Avatar in theaters this Fall.

Some are convinced that the move is Disney’s way of driving audiences to the theater to see the original. This however isn’t sitting right with some Disney+ subscribers who argue they are already paying a monthly subscription fee which should include access to the film.

Well, hopefully they will bring it back with a 4K transfer. I assume the theatrical re-release will use a 4K master. It should also be the extended edition, but I am unsure if that is the official version.

Changes to Park Pass Reservation Process at Walt Disney World Coming Soon

Walt Disney World has just announced some exciting enhancements to the Park Pass reservation system to make the entire reservation process more streamlined and user-friendly for all Guests.

Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, the following changes will be made to the Walt Disney World Park Pass reservation system:

• Guests may now book Park reservations for all ticket and pass types in a single transaction. This means that those with daily tickets and Annual Passes in one party will be able to book all of their park reservations at the same time.
  • Guests now have the ability to book Park reservations for up to 30 people’s tickets in one transaction. Currently, the limit is 12 people.
  • Guest will now be able to change the date and theme park of their park reservation without cancelling their current reservation.

The reason for this change is that Walt Disney World will no be booking all of their park reservations for daily ticket holders, resort Guests with tickets, and Annual Passholders on the same interface. This same, streamlined system is already used at both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.
When a Guest goes to create their Park Pass Reservavtions, they will be able to do so in four steps:
  1. Select Party – Now including both daily ticket Guests and Annual Passholders.
  2. Select Date
  3. Select Park
  4. Review and Confirm
Those who have Annual Passholders who also have a daily park ticket are encouraged to double check that the correct type of ticket is being used when making their reservations.

Last edited:

Walt Disney World Announces Enhancements to Park Pass Reservations

Walt Disney World has just announced some exciting enhancements to the Park Pass reservation system to make the entire reservation process more streamlined and user-friendly for all Guests.

Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, the following changes will be made to the Walt Disney World Park Pass reservation system:

• Guests may now book Park reservations for all ticket and pass types in a single transaction. This means that those with daily tickets and Annual Passes in one party will be able to book all of their park reservations at the same time.
  • Guests now have the ability to book Park reservations for up to 30 people’s tickets in one transaction. Currently, the limit is 12 people.
  • Guest will now be able to change the date and theme park of their park reservation without cancelling their current reservation.

The reason for this change is that Walt Disney World will no be booking all of their park reservations for daily ticket holders, resort Guests with tickets, and Annual Passholders on the same interface. This same, streamlined system is already used at both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.
When a Guest goes to create their Park Pass Reservavtions, they will be able to do so in four steps:
  1. Select Party – Now including both daily ticket Guests and Annual Passholders.
  2. Select Date
  3. Select Park
  4. Review and Confirm
Those who have Annual Passholders who also have a daily park ticket are encouraged to double check that the correct type of ticket is being used when making their reservations.
This would have been nice when I was trying to book for my party of 17 last week and had to split up the transaction.

I do like the modify feature they are adding. Cancelling and then rebooking makes me nervous!

Well, hopefully they will bring it back with a 4K transfer. I assume the theatrical re-release will use a 4K master. It should also be the extended edition, but I am unsure if that is the official version.
I think I saw that the original was going to be released in the coming months to IMAX. Not sure if it’s 4k or not

Cast Member-Exclusive Shopping Opportunity to Be Available at Animal Kingdom on Aug. 25 and 29

On Thursday, August 25 (from 9:30-10:30 p.m.) and Monday, August 29 (from 6-7 a.m.), Disney's Animal Kingdom Cast Members will be able to take advantage of exclusive shopping opportunities at Discovery Island Trading Company and Island Mercantile. Both locations will be open so that Cast Member can make the most of their 50% off merchandise discount, which ends on Wednesday, August 31.

To save time, both locations will offer merchandise mobile checkout. Cast Members arriving to take part in these shopping opportunities should park and enter from the Cast lot. As a reminder, Cast Members must have a valid Company-issued ID in order to receive a merchandise discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter