Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it to Disney to muck the IT things up when they think they're making improvements. I can confirm I'm seeing the same issues when trying to modify existing park reservations. All of my groups reservations are listed separately. If I try to modify any of the reservations, it will show no availability for any days that reservations have already been made. I had to go in and still cancel the existing reservation (which sends an e-mail confirmation now), and then the calendar day will show available to book a different reservation (which sends another e-mail confirmation). It seems like the modify reservation option is not ready for primetime ... or it's just not very intuitive.

Another question for down the road ... but if you keep the park reservations separate for your party as it's now showing for most, will that cause any issues when booking groups for G+ or ILL's? Just concerned that it may not find all the guests in your group to be selectable at one time?

And now on MDE under my plans I'm getting a lovely ...

Please come back later. We are unable to show your plans at this time.

EDIT: I'm also now seeing a number after each guest's name when checking the park reservations ... this is separate from the confirmation number. It looks like each guest now has a name and number associated with them. This is so far only appearing under the park reservations screen

Last edited:
Interesting! Does this mean that if I have a PH ticket and a non-PH ticket in my account, I won't have to go to Guest Relations first to prioritize entry because it will pull the ticket entitlement from the one that has the reservation?

It would be nice. However, I tend to take the pessimistic view when it comes to anything related to Disney's IT. The other thing that could happen is that it picks the wrong ticket when you scan at the tapstile to enter the park. If it's the wrong ticket, you might not have a reservation for that day or a reservation for that park. Then you would have to work it out at the park entrance. I hope that's not what happens though.

Leave it to Disney to muck the IT things up when they think they're making improvements. I can confirm I'm seeing the same issues when trying to modify existing park reservations. All of my groups reservations are listed separately. If I try to modify any of the reservations, it will show no availability for any days that reservations have already been made. I had to go in and still cancel the existing reservation (which sends an e-mail confirmation now), and then the calendar day will show available to book a different reservation (which sends another e-mail confirmation). It seems like the modify reservation option is not ready for primetime ... or it's just not very intuitive.

Another question for down the road ... but if you keep the park reservations separate for your party as it's now showing for most, will that cause any issues when booking groups for G+ or ILL's? Just concerned that it may not find all the guests in your group to be selectable at one time?
Ok, so I didn't imagine that. The bolded is exactly what I saw too.
Thank you for confirming :)

Ok, so I didn't imagine that. The bolded is exactly what I saw too.
Thank you for confirming :)

After waiting hours on hold, I was able to chat with Disney IT support which was not much help. They confirmed that some people are able to modify reservations, while others can't. Some are seeing numbers listed with their names in the reservation/confirmation screen, while others aren't. Some guests are seeing issues with their plans not appearing, but other are having no issues. See a pattern? Disney IT seems to know there is something acting up, but since it's not affecting everyone they have no input towards a solution yet. But it did all start with the reservation system upgrade today

After waiting hours on hold, I was able to chat with Disney IT support which was not much help. They confirmed that some people are able to modify reservations, while others can't. Some are seeing numbers listed with their names in the reservation/confirmation screen, while others aren't. Some guests are seeing issues with their plans not appearing, but other are having no issues. See a pattern? Disney IT seems to know there is something acting up, but since it's not affecting everyone they have no input towards a solution yet. But it did all start with the reservation system upgrade today

I just checked mine--- for the 5 days I had reservations for each guest now showing separately--- (kind of annoying) --- shows 1 for DS, 1 for DD, 1 for myself--

The NEW reservation I made--- (still had two days to book) - shows like it normally would-- DHS- (3) guests--- with our names--- wow----they mess everything. up

I just checked mine--- for the 5 days I had reservations for each guest now showing separately--- (kind of annoying) --- shows 1 for DS, 1 for DD, 1 for myself--

The NEW reservation I made--- (still had two days to book) - shows like it normally would-- DHS- (3) guests--- with our names--- wow----they mess everything. up
Yup, my party of 5 now showing all as separate reservations. I have no plans to change (we leave tomorrow) but it is annoying that I now have to scan through so many park reservations to look at my plans.

DLP News:

Disneyland Paris Expands Accessibility Efforts With Audio Description Feature

The latest in accessibility efforts at Disneyland Paris is the addition of audio description via the AudioSpot app at many locations.

In the announcement of the new service, Disneyland Paris noted that “following the successful implementation of French Sign Language and chansigne in select resort entertainment, Disneyland Paris continues to research opportunities for the visually impaired and blind to enjoy even more autonomy.”

Yup, my party of 5 now showing all as separate reservations. I have no plans to change (we leave tomorrow) but it is annoying that I now have to scan through so many park reservations to look at my plans.

When you check under the new 'make or modify park reservations' you will get a list of all your park reservations and confirmation numbers. Is anyone else seeing a 5 digit code after the guest names? All of my party members are showing these codes. It seems that some folks on the web have reported this issue, while others are not not getting the numbers after the name. I'm just wondering if that will cause a problem down the line.

I'm a little confused - when I look in MDE on my phone I don't see ANY park reservations but when I look on my laptop I do....so where did they go on the app?

:confused3

That happens to me sometimes too. The app loses them. They usually come back in a few hours/days
I DID find them on the app when I clicked the "make new/modify" park reservations but it took me to the web page and I could see our park reservations for October and the random dates we have booked in April..

but when I pull up our future plans, they're not there...but all our dining and the African Trek excursion I planned are there..

Last edited:
When you check under the new 'make or modify park reservations' you will get a list of all your park reservations and confirmation numbers. Is anyone else seeing a 5 digit code after the guest names? All of my party members are showing these codes. It seems that some folks on the web have reported this issue, while others are not not getting the numbers after the name. I'm just wondering if that will cause a problem down the line.

For my specific instance, I can see my park reservations on the app in future plans and on the web browser. In both cases, each instance for each person shows up separately.

When I go to Make/Modify, I do see that each of my party members has a 5 digit code next to their names. Not sure if it will impact anything, but we'll be in a park on Friday and I promise I'll update here if we have any problems getting in. I'm pulling a PDF of all of my reservations to have on my phone in case anything funky happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter