Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, if it's listed on the ending time-line, did they say nothing about Fantastic?

Shouldn't they have realized that none of the WDW announcements were anything concrete, and threw us a bone with something definite?

Why not mention it?

I think with the money Disney are making through the gate they should have said one new ride for sure

All this budget nonsense with how busy the parks are I just don’t Beleive, they easily have the money.

Going into the weekend I tried to keep my expectations for WDW fairly low as to not be disappointed. The outcome was that I am still disappointed.

It would have been nice to announce something about the railroad reopening or the return of Fantasmic,that may have received a biggest applause of the weekend.

And what new is there at Universal? Nothing until 2025
Why does it matter (what is new at Universal)?? It’s a matter of where I want to spend my money right? Isn’t that what it always comes down to?

I would much rather put my money in a company that invests in the future but also has a great product today.

You can’t argue with my logic. It’s my own Personal opinion.

Why does it matter (what is new at Universal)?? It’s a matter of where I want to spend my money right? Isn’t that what it always comes down to?

I would much rather put my money in a company that invests in the future but also has a great product today.

Because all the complaining is: I'm so disappointed they didn't announce new things for WDW (even tho they did) so I'm gonna go to Universal instead" When Universal hasn't announced anything new for the next 2 years either.

Right? If they said a date and for some reason couldn't make it "fans" would be bashing them even worse. They can't win. They showed what they could for WDW folks. And like, it's so funny to me how in the last 5 years WDW literally got: a new ride and is still in the middle of mayor refurbishment in EPCOT, with TRON coming next year for MK. Got a new hotel and 2 lands in DHS, not to mention the Mickey ride a few years back. A land in AK with 2 rides. Like it's basically been a land/ride per year at least and it looks like for one (1) year they might not get something new while the Imagineers work in 2 whole new amazing looking lands and folks are ready to throw hands. Like???

I'm super curious to what everyone that is angry or disappointed was expecting?
New WDW attractions in last decade:

2012:
Barnstormer
Enchanted tales with Belle-closed May reopen
Legend of captain Jack sparrow-closed
Sorcerers of the magic kingdom-ended
2014-
Once upon a time-ended
Mine train
2015:
Disney Pixar short film fest
Star Wars launch by
2016:
Frozen ever after
Friendship faire
Star Wars galactic spectator-ended/hiatus?
2017:
Flight of passage
Navi river
Happily ever after-ended but returning
2018:
Alien swirling saucers
Slinky dog
2019:
Epcot forever-ended
Epcot experience -closed
Lightning McQueen racing academy
Smugglers run
Rise of resistance
2020:
Awesome planet
Beauty & Beast sing along
Canada far and wide (seasonally replaced w/festival booths)
Runaway railway
2021:
Remy ratatouille adventure
Harmonious-ending in 2023
2022-
Cosmic rewind

I didn't forget. If they'd done that most of the complaining in this thread and elsewhere wouldn't be happening. They'll announce it when they are ready to.
That's kind of the worry, though. The fact that they apparently have nothing concrete to announce for four of the most popular parks in the world.

Why are they not ready to announce something now? They haven't taken any real forward steps on anything the last few years other than thinking of some ideas and drawing some concept art? They haven't even made any decisions?

Only whatever is replacing Shrek. Likely nothing major.
Ditto for WDW. Nothing major.

So if all things are the same to you. Wouldn’t you be more interested in the company that is opening a brand new park in a few years?
When the competition is reverting to a nighttime show that they took away originally? Oh and adding a head in a box? Cmon guys seriously? You are arguing for Disney on this one? This is crap if you are a fan of Disneyworld.

Why, if it's listed on the ending time-line, did they say nothing about Fantastic?

Shouldn't they have realized that none of the WDW announcements were anything concrete, and threw us a bone with something definite?

Why not mention it?
Story living was also on the infographic and they didn’t talk about that (thankfully) either

That's kind of the worry, though. The fact that they apparently have nothing concrete to announce for four of the most popular parks in the world.

Why are they not ready to announce something now? They haven't taken any real forward steps on anything the last few years other than thinking of some ideas and drawing some concept art? They haven't even made any decisions?
U summed it up completely and it’s poor

Because all the complaining is: I'm so disappointed they didn't announce new things for WDW (even tho they did) so I'm gonna go to Universal instead" When Universal hasn't announced anything new for the next 2 years either.
Huh? They’ve been building a brand new park?!?! So if nothing is new for universal in the next 2 years (same as disneyworld) what’s the difference? Wouldn’t you want to put your money in a place that invests in a new park in a few years? Disney will have nothing to show for all the money they make except a crap ton of shows and movies on Disney+.

Huh? They’ve been building a brand new park?!?! So if nothing is new for universal in the next 2 years (same as disneyworld) what’s the difference? Wouldn’t you want to put your money in a place that invests in a new park in a few years? Disney will have nothing to show for all the money they make except a crap ton of shows and movies on Disney+.
I don't care at all where you spend your money, if Universal makes you happy spend it there. I was just answering your question.

Also, IF Disney's WDW Blue Sky ideas are to better compete against Universal's Epic Universe (which I think they partially are), I think Disney is holding some things back right now from a competitive perspective. The Villain area sounds very similar to the Monsters area of Universal. It doesn't relate to Coco or Enchanted at all and seems out of place.

I don't care at all where you spend your money, if Universal makes you happy spend it there. I was just answering your question.
Not sure how you answered my question when I asked wouldn’t you rather put your money in a company that is investing in the future. You didn’t answer that.

Again. Disneyland was the winner. Disneyworld was the loser. Pretty pathetic. I’m glad I cancelled my recent plans for WDW since I move that money to a Universal trip instead.

Okay not arguing that WDW got basically nothing but LOL as a Disneyland fan I don't remotely feel like the "winner" this year. That was beyond disappointing.

Overall my reaction is the crowd was so quiet. I would thought Josh would have had better stage presence, I didn't think he did that well. I can't believe I am saying this but Chapek did really well in 2017 and 2019 Parks panels and his announcing voice, pausing for effect, etc, was far better. Chapek even landed several jokes. Of course, he had actual announcements, some that really caught the audience by surprise, which helps LOL.

Last edited:
Not sure how you answered my question when I asked wouldn’t you rather put your money in a company that is investing in the future. You didn’t answer that.
This question:

For your other question, it matters zero to Disney or Universal if I spend my money on either. An individual makes zero difference for them.
Personally, Disney makes me happy, their rides are rides I enjoy. Universal has too much screens for my taste to make yearly trips. I am planning to visit 2 disney parks and 1 universal park within the next 1.5 years.
That better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter