Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking this with a grain of salt currently, as Disney guest services has been giving varying responses on the reopening date. Also, what qualifies as reopening vs what will actually be available? But, we'll know more tomorrow ...
I'll believe it if we see this tomorrow. I took this in 2017 as we were allowed back into the Fort after Irma. The Fort was closed for 10 days with LOTS of rumors it would never reopen. We all never felt better to be in an RV traffic jam.

Fort Parade.jpg

j

I think that was Tapestry of Nations? Each pavilion lit up, they played a musical clip from the country, etc.?

I LOVED that show.

Tapestry of Nations was the Parade. The show was likely still called IllumiNations, though that show underwent a few variations after it's initial run, eventually becoming the "Reflections of Earth" version. From Wikipedia:

Past World Showcase entertainment​

Fireworks Shows​

Parades​

• Tapestry of Nations (1999–2001), a parade created for the Millennium Celebration
  • Tapestry of Dreams (2001–2003), a refurbished version of Tapestry of Nations replacing the Sage of Time, the parade's original host/narrator with three Dreamseekers

Last edited:
Disneyland News:

Guided Tours Are Returning to Disneyland Resort

As of today, guests can now book reservations for two guided tours at Disneyland Resort. Tours have not been available since March 2020.
The two offerings are “Walt’s Main Street Story” and “Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort.”

“Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort” is a 2.5 hour guided tour for $110 per person. Tours will be available beginning November 11 alongside the start of the holiday festivities.

“Walt’s Main Street Story” is a 90-minute guided tour for $160 per person. Tours begin tomorrow, October 6.
  • A walking tour down Main Street, U.S.A.
  • A visit to Walt’s legendary apartment
  • Refreshments on the apartment patio
  • PhotoPass photos of your party with complimentary digital downloads
  • A commemorative lanyard
For more Disneyland Resort ne

hmmm, an interesting rumor for sure. I heard his words and figured they were simply designing a new show using the barges. that's a heck of a lot of engineering to just... discard.
The barges I think are too big to just tow over to a storage area. They would have to dismantle them. Oddly enough, the Illuminations globe still exists, so Illuminations plus drones would not be a bad thing.

Tapestry of Nations was the Parade. The show was likely still called IllumiNations, though that show underwent a few variations after it's initial run, eventually becoming the "Reflections of Earth" version. From Wikipedia:

Past World Showcase entertainment​

Fireworks Shows​

Parades​

• Tapestry of Nations (1999–2001), a parade created for the Millennium Celebration
  • Tapestry of Dreams (2001–2003), a refurbished version of Tapestry of Nations replacing the Sage of Time, the parade's original host/narrator with three Dreamseekers
I was just talking about an Epcot parade the other day. I have the vaguest memory of really big wooden puppets in Epcot. Was that from this?

I was just talking about an Epcot parade the other day. I have the vaguest memory of really big wooden puppets in Epcot. Was that from this?

I am not really sure as I never got to see that one. It was not in my parks-going heyday. I do listen to the soundtrack a lot though. It uses the throughline from "We Go On" and ends with the song that goes, "Celebrate the future, hand in hand." I wish they would bring it back!

That's what I've been saying too. The entire time I was watching HarmonioUS I was thinking I hated it in Epcot, but it would be a nice fit for AK with some minor tweaks.
That would actually be a great place for them since everyone is watching from the front there! Except I don’t think they can do any of the pyro effects because of the animals.

New Disney Destination Gatherings Helps Groups Reclaim Lost Time, Experiences Together

Over the past two years, we have all missed out on events that cannot be recreated. While these lost experiences have created a deficit of connections, they have also fueled a strong desire for people to travel and recapture the moments, milestones and memories they’ve missed.

That’s why I’m so happy to share that we are bringing together a collection of Disney experiences for groups – from family reunions and weddings to school trips and conventions – under a new brand to help our guests gather again in meaningful ways.

Introducing Disney Destination Gatherings…a collection of businesses that includes Disney Meetings & Events, Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons, and Disney Imagination Campus. All three are distinct, yet have gatherings at their core, and all are welcoming back guests as group travel rebounds.

Disney+ Finally Supports 4K HDR Playback on the PS5

When it comes to a popular gaming system, Disney has been playing catch up with its competitors. But now, Disney+ finally supports 4K HDR playback on the PS5!

To some, picture quality is of utmost importance regarding viewable material. Disney fans and gamers will be excited to hear that the PlayStation 5 is finally offering Disney’s streaming service at its highest quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter