Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't the Disney Board of Director's be ousted as well. They gave that guy a three year contract extension. He's was CEO for eleven months and is going to walk away with something like 250 million dollars due to that extension? Maybe I don't have my facts quite straight here, but that's great work if you can get it IMO.

Agreed if you expect the park going experience to revert to what it was in 2019 you have a rude awakening coming as some of these unfavorable implementations were more than likely in the works during Bob I’s regime and Josh is still president of the parks…

I’d love at bare minimum to see hopping restrictions lifted (even just as an on site perk) and to go back to a set price for genie + or even a pre-posted price calendar and not the 7am sticker shock model we presently have in Florida and just the over all morals of CMs to be lifted

Also just more long term TLC for Florida as the 50th was lackluster and epic universe is right around the corner
Yeah this falls in line with my own expectations going forward. Never expected Genie/Genie+ to go away, the reservation system probably sticks around but isn’t as tightly controlled as it was under Chapek, and would really love a loosening of the restrictions on hopping.

Iger coming back has me more hopeful of the direction the company takes for the Disney 100 celebration. I don’t know how much he can implement in such a short time but he’ll definitely do his best to ensure more than what we got for the 50th happens.

Agreed if you expect the park going experience to revert to what it was in 2019 you have a rude awakening coming as some of these unfavorable implementations were more than likely in the works during Bob I’s regime and Josh is still president of the parks…

I’d love at bare minimum to see hopping restrictions lifted (even just as an on site perk) and to go back to a set price for genie + or even a pre-posted price calendar and not the 7am sticker shock model we presently have in Florida and just the over all morals of CMs to be lifted

Also just more long term TLC for Florida as the 50th was lackluster and epic universe is right around the corner

I think we will see some changes, but nothing major. I think what we will see is more reinvestment. Iger will get things going again. Remember that Chapek still ran parks under Iger, and Iger did let his people do their thing. Iger probably would have supported many of these changes, though I think he would have presented it in a more palatable way. I am curious to see what will happen, but at the very least having someone more even-keel at the wheel is going to be an improvement.

Shouldn't the Disney Board of Director's be ousted as well. They gave that guy a three year contract extension. He's was CEO for eleven months and is going to walk away with something like 250 million dollars due to that extension? Maybe I don't have my facts quite straight here, but that's great work if you can get it IMO.
I kind of think CFO McCarthy goes by the wayside in the near future. Have to cut the waistlines of the C-Suite somewhere.

File this under be careful what you wish for. Chapek was brought in to be the bad guy in a time where Disney had to make some hard decisions. His demeanor, his eye for cost cutting, and his PR deficiencies were perfect for a time where there wasn't much face to face interaction and cost cutting was needed to keep the company as close to profitable as possible. Annual pass caps, paid fast pass, and probably even the end of DME were all coming at some point. Chapek just worked as the one guy everyone could point at and blame publicly. It definitely does not mean they are reversing just because he is gone.
A whole lot of people seem to be forgetting that many of the things in place now were put in the works by Iger, long before Chapek started. He just gets the blame for it.

A whole lot of people seem to be forgetting that many of the things in place now were put in the works by Iger, long before Chapek started. He just gets the blame for it.
He did, but would Iger of implemented it in a different way? Would Iger of made the cuts that Chapek did. We will never know. Unfortunately i think it will be too late to turn many things back.

10 (Sorry to those getting email alerts for these, just making these posts while the board glitch is still in place)

I honestly believe that Iger isn't going to make visits to the park any cheaper than they would have been under Chapek. But, I also don't think Iger believed in the quality cuts that Chapek was pushing so I'm hopeful those will be reversed. If the quality comes back - I think that will be a meaningful change worth celebrating.

Deal to bring Bob Iger back to Disney to replace Bob Chapek done in just days

According to CNBC's David Faber, the Disney board reached out to Iger on Friday. The company then made his appointment official as the new CEO replacing Bob Chapek late on Sunday evening.

The report also suggests that Disney did identify some internal candidates to replace Chapek, but given the difficult position that the company currently finds itself in, candidates beyond Iger were not seriously considered.

The news of Iger's return has boosted the company's shares this morning, trading around 9% higher on Monday.

Deal to bring Bob Iger back to Disney to replace Bob Chapek done in just days

According to CNBC's David Faber, the Disney board reached out to Iger on Friday. The company then made his appointment official as the new CEO replacing Bob Chapek late on Sunday evening.

The report also suggests that Disney did identify some internal candidates to replace Chapek, but given the difficult position that the company currently finds itself in, candidates beyond Iger were not seriously considered.

The news of Iger's return has boosted the company's shares this morning, trading around 9% higher on Monday.

I'm sure they had some lined up in case Iger said no, but I know they were hoping he wouldn't.

I'm sure they had some lined up in case Iger said no, but I know they were hoping he wouldn't.
I’m sure they did but not enough confidence to just drop in that quickly to restore some faith in both Wall Street and fans. Iger does that just from a stability standpoint, you likely know what you’re getting with him.

Chapek only getting that 3 year extension where previous CEOs of the company received 5 or longer was definitely a warning shot and a buffer for the board to buy time to possibly find the replacement then, or have Chapek find success and continue with him.

So here we are with a 2 year waiting period to see what direction the company goes.

I would be stunned if ME comes back or if anything is done with Genie+, but eliminating hopper restrictions would be a small gesture that would pay off big for parks sentiment.
My inclination is that Iger is back to handle PR issues and the movie studio side more than anything. I doubt he is looking too hard at parks at all. Only way we see changes is if the parks leadership has been trying to make a ton of changes and getting pushback from Chapek. If that's the case, then they may be able to make things happen with Iger. If they were the source of the changes, then things might not be much different.

I don't think anybody's forgetting or not aware. Chapek could have rolled things out better - as it stood over the past few years park-goers were hit with a never-ending barrage of price increase after price increase with seemingly little to no return on what we're paying extra for. Costs go up, we see that everywhere, and not unexpected from Disney. It's mainly how they've gone about implementing.

There are ways to do this without making your company look like Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Lunar New Year Celebration and Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Return in 2023 to Disney California Adventure Park

We are excited to share that our limited-time festivals will be returning to the Disneyland Resortin early 2023! The Lunar New Year celebration and Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival will be back next year, with the exhilarating entertainment and culinary classics you love, plus many new offerings to enjoy throughout Disney California Adventure park (and beyond)!

The Lunar New Year celebration will take place from Jan. 20 through Feb. 15, 2023, and Disney California Food & Wine Festival will run from March 3 through April 25, 2023. You won’t want to miss all the fun!

Girls at the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure Park

Lunar New Year, Jan. 20 – Feb. 15, 2023

Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival

Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, March 3 – April 25, 2023

Soarin’ Over California

Soarin’ Over California will return for a limited time during the festival! This beloved attraction celebrates the beauty and wonder of the Golden State, from San Francisco’s iconic Golden Gate Bridge to the crashing waves in Malibu.

That’s where my hope is. The price is not getting cheaper but maybe experiences improve!
I honestly believe that Iger isn't going to make visits to the park any cheaper than they would have been under Chapek. But, I also don't think Iger believed in the quality cuts that Chapek was pushing so I'm hopeful those will be reversed. If the quality comes back - I think that will be a meaningful change worth celebrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter