• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

More details on the Disney+ special 'Harmonious Live!' coming from EPCOT tonight

Harmonious Live! honors World Music Day, and will be hosted by Tony Award-winning performer, actress, singer-songwriter, Idina Menzel ("Frozen," "Frozen 2") with special guest Auli'i Cravalho ("Moana").

The live event from Disney Branded Television celebrates the power of music with a medley of classic Disney music reinterpreted by a culturally diverse group of 240 artists from all around the world, all performed by a live orchestra and ensemble of international vocalists.

Segments of Harmonious have been filmed over the past few days, with a full dress rehearsal taking place last night.

The live show will air in the U.S. and Canada on June 21 at 9pm ET, and a replay will be available after the event.

First Test Sailing of the Disney Wish Canceled

Test sailing of the Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship, the Disney Wish, was due to begin today, but has reportedly been canceled.

The ship suffered delays due to COVID-19 and supply chain issues, with the maiden voyage delayed once already. Sources indicate the Wish still isn’t quite ready, putting it behind the new schedule.

The Wish arrived this week at the port in Cape Canaveral, Florida, where it will be based. At this time, it’s unclear if the canceled test sailing will affect the rest of the testing schedule or the maiden voyage.

Test sailing of the Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship, the Disney Wish, was due to begin today, but has reportedly been canceled.

The ship suffered delays due to COVID-19 and supply chain issues, with the maiden voyage delayed once already. Sources indicate the Wish still isn’t quite ready, putting it behind the new schedule.

The Wish arrived this week at the port in Cape Canaveral, Florida, where it will be based. At this time, it’s unclear if the canceled test sailing will affect the rest of the testing schedule or the maiden voyage.
If they have to cancel more sailings, it will be getting very close to my sail date of August 1st. While I really don't want to cancel, that 50% discount on rebooking they were offering is awfully tempting.

If they have to cancel more sailings, it will be getting very close to my sail date of August 1st. While I really don't want to cancel, that 50% discount on rebooking they were offering is awfully tempting.

😂

We are booked on August 15th and overdid it this year on our vacation with WDW and the cruise back to back. When I heard about the initial delays and 50% book back, my reaction was very…oh no…stop...please don’t…(but maybe? 😉)

Agreed! We were one of the 10 or so canceled Wish sailings announced earlier this year, so we took that 50% off to book an Alaskan cruise! It would've been too cost prohibitive otherwise, so it was a blessing in disguise for us! Still want to sail on the Wish at some point, but I am so excited for Alaska!

😂

We are booked on August 15th and overdid it this year on our vacation with WDW and the cruise back to back. When I heard about the initial delays and 50% book back, my reaction was very…oh no…stop...please don’t…(but maybe? 😉)
If going to the first MNSSHP of the year and then going on the Wish August 15 classifies I’m right there with you on overdoing it. 😂

Last edited:

A CM friend was on the 24th four night sailing. That is now a 3-night sailing.

Agreed! We were one of the 10 or so canceled Wish sailings announced earlier this year, so we took that 50% off to book an Alaskan cruise! It would've been too cost prohibitive otherwise, so it was a blessing in disguise for us! Still want to sail on the Wish at some point, but I am so excited for Alaska!
You will love Alaska! We sailed on Ovation of the Seas just over a week ago. I am not sure what route the Disney ships take, but we had to go into the Pacific due to the ship's size. Coming back was a bit rocky. It has taken this long to recover from post cruise dizziness. This is something I have not encountered for many years due to larger ships on the quiet Caribbean. But it was so worth it!! If you are so inclined, you may want to take a float plane to see the glaciers. We took one in Juneau and it was an experience of a lifetime. Have a great trip!!

😂

I would never overdo a vaca. . . .oh wait. . .
It started with an Alaskan cruise. Then, I decided that I would miss a true summer vacation at the beach. It was cheaper to take an 8 day cruise to Aruba/Curacao then to stay a few days in Destin. Hey, sign me up. But what about Disneyworld??? Just a quick couple days. I'd better add to that since there may be flight delays. I'd better add again since the arrival flight gets into MCO in the afternoon - you know how frustrating flight delays can be.

‘LEGO Star Wars Summer Vacation’ Goes to Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser in First Trailer

Some of our favorite “Star Wars” characters are going on vacation in the new “LEGO Star Wars Summer Vacation” special. The first trailer for the special shows Finn taking Rey, Poe, Rose, R2-D2, C-3PO, and Chewbacca to the Halcyon, a.k.a. the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Meanwhile, Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine head to the beach, where they run into “Weird Al” Yankovic performing “Scarif Beach Party.”

Watch the trailer below:

they actually look really nice. i might even stay there at least once now. never wanted to stay at grand floridian cuz it was to gaudy and stuffy for my taste but this is a nice change, and i love the subtle mary poppins theme
Agreed, this feels like a nice balance of keeping Disney personality in a room without making it feel over the top. Definitely increase my interest in a smaller VGF add-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter