Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Door Removed from Batuu Bounty Hunters MagicBand+ Game Due to Use as Active Cast Member Access Point

After just one day of use, a doorway that is actually quite an active Cast Member door to a backstage area has been removed from the Batuu Bounty Hunters MagicBand+ game. The doorway, which is between Droid Depot and the Milk Stand, has had the Batuu Bounty Hunters guild mark mostly removed and your MagicBand+ flashes red whenever you approach it – indicating that your bounty is not behind the door and to keep moving.

This is a smart move by Disney as guests could (and would) block the doorway which seems to be in use by Cast Members regularly throughout the day.

batuu-bounty-hunters-door-removed-2-1867x1400.jpg

Got it - MDE! Thanks. I OBVIOUSLY havent had my tea yet!

darn - I want - like - 4 of them!!! And the holiday styles havent even come out yet.
Do you think they will have holiday styles for the MagicBand+? We are going in December, so I'm wondering if we should wait to see if Disney releases holiday MagicBand+ or should we buy now in case they don't come out with anything for the holidays and these ones sell out before December.

Do you think they will have holiday styles for the MagicBand+? We are going in December, so I'm wondering if we should wait to see if Disney releases holiday MagicBand+ or should we buy now in case they don't come out with anything for the holidays and these ones sell out before December.
Bob Chapek is still in charge, so yes of course there will. Anything that will make a buck.There had better be a Halloween one!

We were just at Aulani and they had Duffy and fire there with all kinds of Merch. Some of the stuff was really cute but the cat friend had really creepy cloudy green eyes, it was a bit scary looking.

I'm going to venture a guess that we haven't seen the final product of the interactivity. They're probably going to be constantly improving it and adding things.
Releasing before things are ready is officially the norm for Disney. And, as much as we may want to blame the pandemic, the tendency definitely predates it. They opened Galaxy's Edge without it's marque ride before the mess of 2020.

I’m not sure what people were expecting out of these things. Holograms? Laser beams? Teleportation? They cost $10 more than a standard magicband.
Agreed. I mean sheesh. So much bad press about them and for what it does do and for the price, it’s totally worth it. Compare it to genie+ for the day when I was already going to buy a magic band and it’s nothing. I can’t wait to try it out actually. Do I really care if it doesn’t sync well with enchantment or you have to look at your band to enjoy it (which I won’t do)? No. And plus, It will only get better. Many more worthy things to bash Disney on, this isn’t it.

Watching a live stream of Harmonious now. That is what the MB+ is supposed to do. I think they wanted to make sure they got Harmonious right first, and they'll finish the rest later.

Good morning!

So not newsworthy, but an element of fun :)

So, I was in the new brunswick area of NJ today. Not quite north enough. Here we have an "egg, cheese, and pork roll" sandwich. Not north enough for Taylor ham i guess!

In NY though, we never scramble eggs on these lol. Crack and break yolks. And only ham (deli ham) bacon , or sausage options...

Attachments

• 20220730_100908.jpg
    20220730_100908.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 13
Good morning!

So not newsworthy, but an element of fun :)

So, I was in the new brunswick area of NJ today. Not quite north enough. Here we have an "egg, cheese, and pork roll" sandwich. Not north enough for Taylor ham i guess!

In NY though, we never scramble eggs on these lol. Crack and break yolks. And only ham (deli ham) bacon , or sausage options...
Looks like Taylor Ham to me. 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter