• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Kids the World Village Returns to Full Capacity, Discontinues Night of a Million Lights Event

As the village returns to its full-time focus on “creating life-changing experiences for Wish families”, Give Kids the World announced today that their popular Night of a Million Lights event hosted in both 2020 and 2021 would no longer go on.
I’m happy for the kids and families that will enjoy the Village, sorry that we didn’t get to enjoy the lights!

Hi guys! Looks like they finished the boardwalk work in front of the Boardwalk Deli. Stuck my arm through the planters…

View attachment 690413
Lol...okay, I thought maybe something had changed since we walked by this afternoon lol "stuck arm through planter." You really do go above and beyond for us :)

We arrived today and were a little bummed to see the lighthouse construction. I do remember reading about it, but just forgot...it's one of our favorite pics.

I know I’m in the minority but I have to admit, I’m a little sad Remy will stay on Genie+. It’s so far away from the other rides, I was looking forward to picking a time slot for this rather than going back and forth between the world showcase and the front of the park.
This has always baffled me about Genie+. I know fast passes had the expiration windows but that was free, they should not have your ride reservation expire until used or canceled for a paid service. That's how it works for DD's DAS pass and it makes a world of difference in managing stress. If she says I want to make sure to ride X, Y, and Z today but needs to break for a meal or quiet time in the hotel after Y, then Z will still be there for her when she's ready. We don't have to push and cause a meltdown now because we didn't take the break or later when she didn't do the planned activity. I think it would definitely make the cost more justifiable. People may ride less rides but they would ride the ones they really wanted to.

This has always baffled me about Genie+. I know fast passes had the expiration windows but that was free, they should not have your ride reservation expire until used or canceled for a paid service. That's how it works for DD's DAS pass and it makes a world of difference in managing stress. If she says I want to make sure to ride X, Y, and Z today but needs to break for a meal or quiet time in the hotel after Y, then Z will still be there for her when she's ready. We don't have to push and cause a meltdown now because we didn't take the break or later when she didn't do the planned activity. I think it would definitely make the cost more justifiable. People may ride less rides but they would ride the ones they really wanted to.
I agree, that would make genie+ so much easier. Or in fact, even if they went back to picking 3 ride slots a few days in advance instead of making us wake up at 7am to book just one ride. I'm okay with spending money though I totally understand why many people don't like that aspect of it. I'm lucky there are just two of us so it's not a big price tag for us. I just wished that spending that money meant I could have a less stressful day, but the way it works right now, Genie+ is adding significant stress to my planning.

I agree, that would make genie+ so much easier. Or in fact, even if they went back to picking 3 ride slots a few days in advance instead of making us wake up at 7am to book just one ride. I'm okay with spending money though I totally understand why many people don't like that aspect of it. I'm lucky there are just two of us so it's not a big price tag for us. I just wished that spending that money meant I could have a less stressful day, but the way it works right now, Genie+ is adding significant stress to my planning.

YES YES YES YES and YES

The problem with essentially making Genie+ an anytime FP is crowd control. It caused a big problem back withthe old system because CM's were accepting them long past their window. People would collect them all day, then use them in the late afternoons or evenings, making for very long lines in the FP line. The whole point of a ride distribution system is to even things out and allowing people to ride anytime they choose sort of makes it pointless. Yes, DAS allows this, but for just the kind of reason you talk about. I too would love it, but I also know it would cause huge problems.

The problem with essentially making Genie+ an anytime FP is crowd control. It caused a big problem back withthe old system because CM's were accepting them long past their window. People would collect them all day, then use them in the late afternoons or evenings, making for very long lines in the FP line.
But, the fact that you have to use one DAS selection before moving on to the next would keep this from happening. If you had to use your return time before moving on to something else, you couldn't hoard for the evening.

If you allowed G+ to return any time after their window opened, you'd also have to remove the "rebook in 2 hours" rule to keep people from doing this hoarding. And then you've got the poor guy that, at 7am, gets Slinky for 5pm and his G+ is worthless until then?

There are really no good answers here because the core problem is that there are more people in a park who want to ride the headliners than there is capacity at those headliners. Long lines are a natural way that the system limits this (only someone who really cares is getting into that 180 minute wait) but it also makes a terrible guest experience. The various cut-the-line options they've implemented over time at least allow the majority of guests (or, with G+, the ones willing to pony up) to at least ride a few headliners without awful line experiences. But, none of them address the core issue that they can't get everyone in the park through Guardians or Rise or FoP in a given day, so some folks have to go without.

Imagineering Files Two Permits for New Toy Story Land Restaurant

Walt Disney Imagineering has filed two new permits for “Project T” – the Toy Story Land restaurant called Roundup Rodeo BBQ. The permits suggest that the work is drawing to a close as Disney nears their self-imposed opening date of sometime in 2022. The two permits are both for theming work:

• Project T – Themed Facades
  • Fabrication & installation of Set Pieces
The permits are contracted out to Brilliant Creative Fabrication and Icarus Exhibits, respectively. Both fabrication shops have done extensive work with Walt Disney World in recent years.

I know I’m in the minority but I have to admit, I’m a little sad Remy will stay on Genie+. It’s so far away from the other rides, I was looking forward to picking a time slot for this rather than going back and forth between the world showcase and the front of the park.
I agree. I was hoping to have 2 ILLs and a Genie + ride set up at 7am.

But will DL only have MagicBand+ or will they also have MagicBand 2.0? I'd love to be able to bring my hand painted MB 2.0's to DL next time I go. It felt strange not wearing them on my last trip there.
A MagicBand+ is simply a MagicBand 2 with added features. When the battery dies on a MagicBand+, it basically turns into a MagicBand 2 - allowing you to open hotel doors, enter the park and rides. The technology hasn’t changed for that between the bands.

I see no reason why a MagicBand 2 won’t work at Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter