Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeopleMover Receives New Entrance Signs as Magic Kingdom Tomorrowland Makeover Continues, Nerdy WED Imagineering Reference Added

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover at Magic Kingdom has received new signage as the land’s makeover slowly progresses.

MK PeopleMover 5 scaled

View attachment 697473

I don't know what Nerdy WED means but i have to laugh cuz mine and my husbands youtube channel is called The Nerdy Weds lol

DVC News:

September Holiday Closure

Member Services, Member Administration and Member Accounting will be closed on Monday, September 5, 2022 in observance of Labor Day. We will reopen on Tuesday, September 6, 2022 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Please note that the Member Online Booking tool, online banking and payments of Annual Dues and Loans will still be available during this time. All of us at Disney Vacation Club wish you a magical day.

Disneyland News:

Halloween Has Officially Arrived at Disneyland Park!

It’s might only be August, but Disney is celebrating Halloween already!

In Disney World, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has kicked off, we’ve seen a bunch of fun treats, and there’s a lot of spooky merchandise available. Over in Disneyland, things are off to a bit of a slower start — the first Oogie Boogie Bash isn’t happening until September 6th, but we have seen some decorations in Disney California Adventure. And now, more Halloween fun has arrived in Disneyland Park!

Can you book some of your dates? If so, then do that, then call to see if you add on days.
This has worked for me many times.

I actually moved my dates forward by one and got Gran Destino, saved me about $150 from what I had booked at Port Orleans French Quarter with no discount. I was able to do that because I haven't booked my air fare yet. Still going to keep checking as I preferred my first date choices, but I'd rather stay at Gran Destino if I end up going solo as it's got interior corridors and I just feel safer.

Still not much availability, I think it was Coronado, Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom Lodge and one of the All Stars, but pickings were slim amongst the room categories.

Wall Street Journal Article Highlights Chasm Between Annual Passholders and Disney’s Attendance & Pricing Strategy

A new article from the Wall Street Journal shines a light on the Disney Parks’ attendance and pricing strategy that is often at odds with frequent visitors and Annual Passholders. The article, titled “Disney’s New Pricing Magic”, walks the general public through what many Disney fans have seen happening over the past few years. That is, fewer guests that spend significantly more at the parks and resorts.

Disneyland Paris News:

CONFIRMED: ‘Tangled Round Ride’ Being Built at Disneyland Paris, Likely to Be Announced at D23 Expo

The new attraction will be a “spinner” ride similar to the Mad Tea Party (or Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups for those who frequent Disneyland Paris), but replaces the tea cups with wooden boats that spin around hundreds of lanterns. This will recreate what has to be the most famous scene from “Tangled.” It is rumored that the ride system will be ordered from manufacturer Zamperla.

Screen Shot 2022 08 27 at 12.35.42 PM
TangledRoundRide4

Power Outages to Affect Select Areas of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club in August and September

Guests staying at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and the neighboring Disney's Beach Club Resort in the coming weeks should keep in mind that beginning Monday, August 29, there will be two scheduled power outages affecting several Guest areas around both resorts. Guest rooms, air conditioning, and WiFi will NOT be impacted by these outages.

The planned power outages are currently scheduled to affect the resorts on the following dates:
  • Monday, Aug. 29 (starting from 11 p.m.) – Tuesday, Aug. 30 (until 5 a.m.)
  • Tuesday, Sept. 6 (starting from 11 p.m.) – Wednesday, Sept. 7 (until 5 a.m.)
During that time, power will be out in common areas, including the elevators, Front Desk, Bell Services, walkways, restrooms, and more. Guests should contact the Front Desk if they are unable to use the stairs during these outages, as elevators will be closed. Temporary lighting and back-up units will be available around the resort and at the front desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter