• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUMOR:​

Disneyland Paris May Build ‘The Lion King’ or ‘Avatar’ Themed Lands to Replace ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ in Expansion Plans

After many, many months of speculation, Disneyland Paris executives confirmed that they were likely not moving forward with plans to build a version of “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” in Walt Disney Studios Parisas part of the parks ongoing overhaul and expansion plans. Speculation has run rampant since that was stated as to what could replace the space as the final phase of the park’s announced overhaul following Avengers Campus, a “Frozen” themed land, and more. Well, according to sources, Disneyland Paris is currently considering building massive themed lands for either “The Lion King” or “Avatar”.
Avatar would be easier as they can clone DAK’s plans but maybe add something new possibly water feature-y based on the sequel though they would have to bank on the sequel doing as well as the original

Lion King is a more evergreen IP and it could be fun to see where they could go with this beyond just making it a clone of Africa at DAK

Avatar would be easier as they can clone DAK’s plans but maybe add something new possibly water feature-y based on the sequel though they would have to bank on the sequel doing as well as the original

Lion King is a more evergreen IP and it could be fun to see where they could go with this beyond just making it a clone of Africa at DAK
Oooh I would love if they did a Lion King land. So underrepresented in the Parks for what a powerhouse it is!

I don't know if these kind of things are usually 60 days, but if they are, that 60 days isn't super far off right?
I hope they hold off announcing this because my son’s choir is auditioning and they have 4 different dates they send as possibilities and we won’t know if they are selected to perform until sometime in October. I don’t want it to sell out and me not get good seats to see him.

I hope they hold off announcing this because my son’s choir is auditioning and they have 4 different dates they send as possibilities and we won’t know if they are selected to perform until sometime in October. I don’t want it to sell out and me not get good seats to see him.
Oh boy I'm sending good vibes and crossed fingers your way!!!

Disneyland News:

First Look at the 2022 Oogie Boogie Bash Guide Map and Trick or Treat Bags at Disney California Adventure

Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure begins tonight and we have picked up our guide map and treat bags! Let’s take a look at this year’s designs.

2022 Oogie Boogie Bash bag 3 scaled

2022 Oogie Boogie Bash map 16 scaled
2022 Oogie Boogie Bash map 19 scaled

2022 Oogie Boogie Bash map 1 scaled

2022 Oogie Boogie Bash map 14 scaled

2022 Oogie Boogie Bash map 15 scaled

2022 Oogie Boogie Bash map 3 scaled

The inside has the actual map and a list of entertainment.

My Disney Experience App Now Providing Quick Overview of Disney Genie to First-Time Users

With the latest My Disney Experience app update, Disney introduced a minor change that will benefit first-time users.

When launching the app for the first time, Guests will now be given a quick overview to explore Disney Genie Service. In addition to providing tips on how to modify existing plans and recommendations, this overview will provide a brief explanation of the "Tip Board" and "My Day" sections of the app.

Not sure how dining reservations for CP
work. Can you book for each of the potential dates when it’s 60 days before potential performance then cancel those not needed in Oct, leaving lots of time for others to pick up those dining reservations?

Various posts on social media and reports on other websites indicate that a fire occurred in the World Showcase tonight, reportedly after the Harmonious performance. The fire appears to be at (or near) the American Garden Theater.

For example, on this video, someone appears on the roof of the building around 1:40 and starts extinction procedures at 2:00.

It appears to be a minor fire, but likely serious enough to cause some damage to the American Garden Theater (assuming this is the right building).

This is certainly not the one little spark fans are looking for...

Last edited:
Not sure how dining reservations for CP
work. Can you book for each of the potential dates when it’s 60 days before potential performance then cancel those not needed in Oct, leaving lots of time for others to pick up those dining reservations?
When we did the CP package a few years ago you had to pre-pay. Not sure how it’s done anymore but I definitely think this is a good plan if they will let me cancel the dates I don’t need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter