Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree about Tron. I know what happened the 3 years had an impact but it had an impact on all parks. Yet Universal had no issue building a new coaster in much shorter time.
The Velocicoaster is just a standard Six flags coaster. No theming beyond the first few seconds. if Tron was just a standard coaster, it would have been up before Covid. But Disney doesn’t cheap out like universal.

This tweeted quote was in regards to mando… it’s cause of the immersion with Star cruiser as if they can’t just move chewie out of launch bay since he already roams SWGE and put mando or other Disney + characters there
They could still have a Meet And Greet over at Launch Bay with Mando and Grogu, I don't care if they're in GE or not! Or put it over by Star Tours!

They’re taking their time with the Moana water feature at Epcot, huh?

I would have thought we were well within a year of getting rid of those walls.

I was very surprised by this as well. It seems like we're always seeing very positive construction updates, but we're still over a year out? I'm hoping that this will open sooner than they're saying, I can't take another Disney trip with those awful walls in Epcot!

I'm very glad that HEA is coming back, I just hope the updates don't mess it up.

Now we just need to figure out what they're going to take out and what they're going to put in (Encanto for sure)...

My guess is they're adding songs from Encanto, Frozen 2, and Coco and also adding the projections on Main Street. I really don't think they're going to mess it up :)

I was very surprised by this as well. It seems like we're always seeing very positive construction updates, but we're still over a year out? I'm hoping that this will open sooner than they're saying, I can't take another Disney trip with those awful walls in Epcot!

My guess is they're adding songs from Encanto, Frozen 2, and Coco and also adding the projections on Main Street. I really don't think they're going to mess it up :)

Yep, it seems like the walls have been there FOREVER!

The Velocicoaster is just a standard Six flags coaster. No theming beyond the first few seconds. if Tron was just a standard coaster, it would have been up before Covid. But Disney doesn’t cheap out like universal.
Tron is a clone that has taken 6 years to build. Velocicoaster has just as much themeing....Tron has some colored screens around it when it goes inside and has none of the wild coaster elements that Velocicoaster has. Don't get me wrong I am excited for Tron but it is nothing special.

Ummm...have they ever mentioned what they're doing with the old Stitch's Great Escape ride area?? Did I miss a previous announcement?

From what I remember of the interior was it even that big to put something like a "ride" in it??

My brain is foggy this Monday morning..

I think the exceptions at Universal are Wizarding World and Super Nintendo World (based on pics/footage from Universal Japan). Those areas rival Disney in my opinion. Everything else.................yeah. Revenge of the Mummy is in my top 5 favorite theme park rides, but the theming isn't the same level as Big Thunder or Everest.

Ummm...have they ever mentioned what they're doing with the old Stitch's Great Escape ride area?? Did I miss a previous announcement?

From what I remember of the interior was it even that big to put something like a "ride" in it??

My brain is foggy this Monday morning..
You didn't miss anything. Nothing was announced for that space.

As someone who just got back from several days at Universal and IOA, I can see why they don't see them as a threat.

In USO, there is ONE coaster running. Their other coaster, The Mummy was closed and has been closed all summer but it's not even a new ride. The other 'rides' they have that are 'newer' - and I'm saying that to differentiate from ET (which looks SO rough, needs an overhaul) - have the exact same ride mechanics and aren't really rides but motion simulators.

Motion Simulator rides:
- Race Through New York
- Despicable Me
- Transformers
- Amazing adventures of Spider-man
- Simpsons ride
- Fast & Furious - a complete joke and can't believe they spent the money to make that attraction where all you see is screens and the bus jostles you a bit
- Kong: Skull Island - see Fast & Furious

In IOA of they have 5 thrill rides - Hulk, Velocicoaster, Flight of the Hippogriff, Hagrid's Magical Creatures and Doctor Doom's Freefall.
The saving grace for both parks has been the WWOHP. Both areas are great! I rode Forbidden Journey and Gringotts multiple times. I didn't ride Hagrid's but also a big draw for people. The Hogwarts express worked on our first day and was shut down for the rest of the week - no explanation and they didn't alert people so I read many unhappy people who had bought 1 day park to park tickets and found out the only thing that made them buy park to park tickets was closed. The guest service was on a completely lower level compared to the experiences I have had at WDW. The team members were not helpful and looked like they were annoyed to have to help us.

I really don't understand how people spend more than 2 days at USO/IOA. Disney blows them out of the water for attractions (merely in the sheer number of them), entertainment and food. Most of the food I had at USO was pretty bad. I'm not saying WDW has gourmet counter service but there is a lot of variety.

Maybe when Epic Universe comes along things will feel different but I felt I did not get my money's worth between the two parks. I could probably write an essay on the difference in quality between USO and WDW but this post has already gone on long enough but let me just end with this - USO should have worked on upgrading/updating their current parks before expanding. So many things have been left untouched without upkeep and look so bad throughout both parks.
I love Universal but yes they took the screens way too far. Took out all of the family friendly rides (jaws, Kong, Earthquake etc.) and replaced them with screen rides. However, they seem to be turning the corner. We're hopeful that the new park will have more family friendly rides with real sets.

I get that argument and it does makes sense. When you look at how long it takes for them to build new attractions it doesn't make sense to wait a year to announce new attractions. Odds are anything announced next year wouldn't be finished til well after Epic Universe opens. Look at Tron and how long that's taken to get done.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they figure people will check out Epic Universe anyways. Wait til the hype dies down and announce something major to draw them back.

To add to that here's a quote from another poster who knows a lot of inside stuff on Disney.

"Making a 2025 opening would require the design phases for a major ride to be completed within a couple of months from now. A design and
construction schedule far more aggressive than TRON’s original schedule where the design was already determined."
First off, stop referencing TRON , sure its taking forever to be built but Disney has built many other rides much faster so that is not the norm. They literally stopped construction on TRON for months during covid.

Also, know one knows what Disney has planned or doesn't behind the scenes.

I disagree about Tron. I know what happened the 3 years had an impact but it had an impact on all parks. Yet Universal had no issue building a new coaster in much shorter time.

I don't think they are sitting on their hands. Some of those blue sky announcements might happen and shows they are planning new stuff all the time. After Tron there isn't much coming for a few years. If there was they would have announced it today. At the earliest you're looking at next year for any new announcements. They typically don't announce major additions outside of D23 or Destination Disney. IMO you're looking at 2026 or later at best for anything major coming.

Universal was building one new ride at that time. Disney was working on TRON, GOTG, finishing up Remy (which was mostly done) and run a much larger operation than Universal does.

And no just because they didn't announce something today doesn't mean they don't have things coming after TRON. They announce things at different times all the time. The vast majority of people don't care they didn't and aren't even worried about 2024/2025 and beyond yet. Even Epic Universe has announced very little to what will be in the park beyond some themes.

First off, stop referencing TRON , sure its taking forever to be built but Disney has built many other rides much faster so that is not the norm. They literally stopped construction on TRON for months during covid.

Also, know one knows what Disney has planned or doesn't behind the scenes.
No we don't know but anything new coming isn't happening for at least 2 years if not more. They don't announce anything major except at things like D23 and destination Disney.

Sorry I'm so negative but the direction of this company since Covid has not been positive. After yesterday and no big announcements when 3 out the 4 parks desperately need more attractions it's hard to be positive. Especially who doesn't have the nostalgia like many of you do.

With that I'm out. Have a great day

Shanghai Disneyland:

First Look at Officer Clawhauser Audio-Animatronic for ‘Zootopia’ Attraction at Shanghai Disneyland

Shanghai Disneyland released footage of an Officer Clawhauser audio-animatronic that will appear on the new “Zootopia” attraction in the “Zootopia” land.

Clawhauser audio-animatronic

Video:

Shanghai Disneyland:

First Look at Officer Clawhauser Audio-Animatronic for ‘Zootopia’ Attraction at Shanghai Disneyland

Shanghai Disneyland released footage of an Officer Clawhauser audio-animatronic that will appear on the new “Zootopia” attraction in the “Zootopia” land.

Video:
I love everything except the screen eyes. I wish they went with the look the Elsa animatronic in Tokyo Disneysea has. Then again if that blue sky concept for Dinoland actually gets built and we get a Zootopia ride, this animatronic will probably be a cardboard cutout or an entirely screen face.

Shanghai Disneyland:

Video:
Going to quote myself and add:

Imagineers Hint at Ride Experience for Zootopia Attraction Coming to Shanghai Disneyland

“You’ll make your way to the Zootopia Police Department, which doubles as the entrance for the land’s new family attraction.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter