Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
mickey-mouse-high-five.gif

First look at Takumi-Tei's new $250 menu at EPCOT's Japan Pavilion

Takumi-Tei's new menu will feature two omakase multi-course meals priced at $250 (omnivorous) and $150 (plant-based). Reservations are not yet available, with walk-ups the only option currently available.

Takumi-Tei Menu - November 2022​

Omakase Menu “Kiku”​

Zensai Moriawase
Chef’s selection of five seasonal appetizers

Sushi
Nigiri and roll

Agemono
Lobster tempura served with creamy ponzu sauce and matcha salt

Sashimi
Seasonal fish

Yakimono
Your choice of: 3 oz Japanese A5 wagyu steak, curry-roasted potatoes, roasted seasonal mushrooms, or Roasted duck, garlic sautéed spinach, pumpkin puree, black grape reduction, or Grilled Chilean seabass served over rice with bonito and kelp broth

Shirumono
Seasonal broth

Ocha to Kanmi
Green tea accompanied by your choice of: Chestnut crème brûlée, or Strawberry yuzu sorbet served over plant-based shiso jelly, or Monaka daifuku with ice cream and kinako crumble

Plant-based Omakase Menu “Hasu”​

Zensai Moriawase
Chef’s selection of three seasonal appetizers

Sushi
Nigiri and roll made with seasonal vegetables

Shusai
Deep-fired tofu, black rice, carrots, seasonal mushrooms, tsuyu dressing

Yuba Roll
Beancurd skin rolled with daikon, cucumber, yuzu kosho dressing

Yasai Tempura
Seasonal vegetable tempura served with warm soba noodles

Ocha to Kanmi
Green tea accompanied by your choice of: Strawberry yuzu sorbet served over plant-based shiso jelly, or Monaka daifuku with dairy-free ice cream and kinako crumble

Children’s Omakase Menu “Himawari”​

Zensai Moriawase
Chef’s selection of three seasonal appetizers

Sushi
Nigiri and roll

Yakimono
Your choice of: Mishima Reserve Wagyu steak, curry-roasted potatoes, roasted seasonal mushrooms, or Roasted chicken, garlic sautéed spinach, pumpkin puree, black grape reduction, or Seasonal fish served over rice with bonito and kelp broth, or Lobster tempura served with creamy ponzu sauce and matcha salt

Soba
Warm soba noodles in seasonal broth

Ocha to Kanmi
Green tea accompanied by your choice of: Chestnut crème brûlée, or Strawberry yuzu sorbet served over plant-based shiso jelly, or Monaka daifuku with ice cream and kinako crumble

Hours of operation will be Thursday – Monday from 5pm – 7:30pm. Mitukoshi says that it be serving a limited number of walk-in guests only, with reservations to open at a later date.

These are my 2 favorite Christmas songs
Like the lyrics. Sing too fast for my old ears.

Don't hear this one too much except during the holidays.
I am totally in love with "The Spirit of Christmas" by Mr. Ray Charles. He was so, so good. It's actually played during the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie.

‘Strange World’ Photo Ops and More Coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort

Disneyland Resort

Learn to Draw (Splat & Legend) at Animation Academy in Disney California Adventure Park

You can now learn to draw your soon-to-be favorite blue, mischievous character, Splat, and trusty three-legged dog, Legend, when you visit Disney California Adventure Park at the Disneyland Resort! Led by Disney animators, this class at Animation Academy will teach you how to draw either of these two unique characters from the all-new film “Strange World.” No reservations needed, just check the schedule to learn to draw “Strange World” and other characters at the Disney Animation Building where you can join in the fun when space is available.

Don’t miss learning how to draw these new characters from now until January 8!

Photo-Op in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park

strange world dlr

Walt Disney World

Splat DPI PhotoPass

strange world photo op
strange world photo

Starting today through January 8, guests can take a photo with Splat. Walt Disney World guests will find this PhotoPass offering at the entrance to Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom, as well as at Disney Springs.

This offering will also be available on select sailings with Disney Cruise Line today through January 2.

Bob Iger Disapproved of the Changes Bob Chapek Made at Disney

In a recent article in the Wall Street Journal, they discuss the rift between Bob Iger and Bob Chapek. Bob Iger talks about how he disapproved of the many changes and the ways Bob Chapek handled various issues as CEO of the Walt Disney Company.

Bob Iger even went as far as saying that Bob was “Killing the Soul of the Company.”
Interesting that the "killing the soul of the company" line is attached to the reservation system...

It looked to me like it was more a reference to the massive layoffs, but your take makes sense too.
Maybe it was, I just saw it in a block near the reservation system and that surprised me. I wouldn't have thought Iger would be into the nitty gritty of park operations, but maybe he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter