Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this means the barges will actually go away. I worry that somebody will say, why don't we just make some changes to the show and call it something different.
This!!! If the 100th show utilizes the barges I’d be angry
Though at the same time I’m wondering if harmonious ending has more to do with the complaints that it’s not accessible in a 360 viewing capacity or because of the major soundtrack overlap with returning happily ever after

I hope this means the barges will actually go away. I worry that somebody will say, why don't we just make some changes to the show and call it something different.

I'm hoping they'll be taken down too. Harmonious as a show is not good enough to have those barges ruin the view of the World Showcase all day.

Though at the same time I’m wondering if harmonious ending has more to do with the complaints that it’s not accessible in a 360 viewing capacity or because of the major soundtrack overlap with returning happily ever after
It was reported earlier when it was announced Harmonious would end, that the barges would be removed and dismantled.

Sighs of relief and lots of joy!

The show was better than Enchantment, but I didn't get all the arm movement and water fountains from the barges. I just hope it is replaced with something better.

j

Walt Disney Imagineering Celebrates 70th Anniversary

Original WED Enterprises Imagineers gathered for group photo

On this date 70 years ago, Walt Disney formed a think tank of his moviemakers to design and develop Disneyland, leveraging their expertise in film to craft dimensional storytelling. Combining imagination and engineering, these were the first Imagineers. Today, Walt Disney Imagineering continues Walt’s dream of creating immersive experiences that bring people together – not only at Disneyland but at all Disney theme parks, resorts, cruise ships, entertainment districts and beyond.

WED Imagineering Logo

The amount of Disney magic made by generations of Imagineers from all over the world during the last seven decades is mind-blowing when you step back and reflect on all there is. But as our president Barbara Bouza shared at D23 Expo, there’s nothing like working alongside our Imagineers who thrive on doing the impossible.

Imagineers installing new EPCOT logo pylons on entrance fountain near Spaceship Earth

It’s so true – one of the best parts of working at Imagineering is the people – they represent more than 100 different disciplines with more than 500 U.S. patents from Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development combined. You can imagine the overwhelming breadth of expert talent that inspires me every day!

1989 issue of WDEye article featuring children of Walt Disney Imagineers featured in brochure

I can’t help but reflect on the many memories I have at Walt Disney Imagineering because of my role in communications and my dad being an Imagineer for more than 40 years. If you’ll humor me, I want to share a fun memento that came to mind. This image is from a 1989 issue of WDEye, an in-house publication that Imagineering produced. The child second-to-left is me, with a caption that speculates that this group of Imagineers’ kids would apply for a job here in 2010. Well, I was hired by Disney in 2010 (and later joined Walt Disney Imagineering)!

Sleeping Beauty Castle under construction at Disneyland Paris

Walt Disney Imagineering has always led with a brave little spark, and together, we share a spirit of optimism. Every day, we are proudly building upon our extraordinary legacy of experiential storytelling and pioneering innovation, and this year, we’re excited to be celebrating our 70th anniversary! Imagineers around the world celebrated this milestone during internal celebration events in California, Florida, Paris, Germany, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai.

Last edited:
It’s because the barges have been way more expensive to maintain than planned.

Just got back from a nine day trip. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at other guests' behavior overall. Most people were living up to the "courtesy" rule. I saw next to no "bad behavior"...

I was also surprised during my long November trip. It was very crowded, but I experienced some of the nicest guest behavior in years

Just got back from a nine day trip. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at other guests' behavior overall. Most people were living up to the "courtesy" rule. I saw next to no "bad behavior"...

I was also surprised during my long November trip. It was very crowded, but I experienced some of the nicest guest behavior in years
I think this one in part is a social media trend, we hear about these things more because the way we get news. I think the bad has always been there it just wasn’t always as well known.

In general I see very little poor behavior when visiting. For context I spent about 20 days in the parks this year.

The worst I see on the regular is my child throwing a large tantrum in France since I won’t buy her a toy and refused to cave.

I think this one in part is a social media trend, we hear about these things more because the way we get news. I think the bad has always been there it just wasn’t always as well known.

In general I see very little poor behavior when visiting. For context I spent about 20 days in the parks this year.

The worst I see on the regular is my child throwing a large tantrum in France since I won’t buy her a toy and refused to cave.
I’m glad that has been y’all’s experiences. My trip a couple weeks ago was a different story. Watched 2 separate instances of entire families fighting, cursing at and nearly coming to blows with other families. Once over shoulder children right before Enchantment and the other time over a table at Pecos Bills.

I’m glad that has been y’all’s experiences. My trip a couple weeks ago was a different story. Watched 2 separate instances of entire families fighting, cursing at and nearly coming to blows with other families. Once over shoulder children right before Enchantment and the other time over a table at Pecos Bills.
That’s such a shame! People really need to get a gripe on priorities here! I am so sorry to hear this

This has been more of my experience.

I went to trader sams in hopes of getting a Jose tiki mug and the cast member informed me they sold out of them last night. I refuse to add to my collection of mugs by purchasing them off eBay. The memory of getting them at WDW is part of the fun. I just wish they didn’t make such limited editions.

Hours Extended at Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom in January 2023

For January 1-8, 10-13, 15, 17-19, 21, 22, and 24-28, Magic Kingdom will still open at 9:00 a.m., with Early Entry for hotel guests at 8:30 a.m. It will now stay open until 11:00 p.m., with Extended Evening Hours for deluxe resort guests will be from 11:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. the next morning.

January 9, 14, 16, 20, and 23, the park will now open at 8:00 a.m., with Early Entry at 7:30 a.m. The park will close at 10:00 p.m. on those dates.

Animal Kingdom will now open at 8:00 a.m., an hour earlier, on December 21 & 22, January 8, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, and 28. Early Entry for resort guests will be at 7:30 a.m. on those dates.

It was reported earlier when it was announced Harmonious would end, that the barges would be removed and dismantled.

Sighs of relief and lots of joy!

The show was better than Enchantment, but I didn't get all the arm movement and water fountains from the barges. I just hope it is replaced with something better.

j
I have yet to see any statement from Disney that the barges would be removed. Plenty of posters, bloggers, fan sites, etc immediately assumed ending Harmonious means removing the barges but they are all quoting each other as proof. Have you seen such a statement from Disney?

As I was looking to watch « Impressions de France » around 7:30pm last night, I noticed the sign above the theatre entrance was still announcing the Beauty and the Beast sing a long.

A CM at the entrance told me that Impressions de France earliest presentation had been pushed back to 8:30pm four days before. It seems this show is quietly being phased out by Disney. I also assume that once Epcot comes back to a 9pm closure, the 8:30pm presentation will be the one and only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter