Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Moana, Mirabel and Figment meet and greet details confirmed for Walt Disney World

Beginning April 22, Moana will greet fellow voyagers on Discovery Island at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park – just in time for the park’s 25th anniversary.

Fans of Figment will get the chance to hug the long-time EPCOT icon at the Imagination! pavilion beginning late summer.

Mickey Mouse and friends will also have a new home at Communicore Hall opening later this year as part of the EPCOT transformation.

And, at Magic Kingdom Park this fall, Mirabel from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ hit film “Encanto” will greet guests in Fairytale Garden surrounded by whimsical décor inspired by La Familia Madrigal.
I really wish they could put these things in place sooner! Honestly why did they wait so long for Moana and Mirabel?!? My daughter loves Mirabel but who knows what the fall will bring. We were just there would have been amazing!!!

I am missing the @mrsap dances. I think the return of HEA is the perfect time for a happy dance! I am not as creative as she is, but I tried!
200w.gif

Does anyone know what changes (if any) were made besides Main Street projections?

The laser sequence at the end was part of the original concept and featured in early testing but was cut before the show debut. So technically "new", but more a restoration of the complete show as conceived.

So emotional and happy moment for cast members! Beautiful..

Can you tell if pyro is same as prepandemic show?

Pyro is the same as far as I can tell. :)

Last edited:
I really wish they could put these things in place sooner! Honestly why did they wait so long for Moana and Mirabel?!? My daughter loves Mirabel but who knows what the fall will bring. We were just there would have been amazing!!!
but truly the same can be said of ariel, cinderella, tiana... like they are 30+ years old and my kids still FREAK to meet them. And I can't remember the last time they CHOSE to watch any of those movies. Encanto and Moana cemented themselves into Disney history and they've proven they can contend with the heavy hitters. My family is still LIVING in the Frozen Era and my youngest is 18 months, she wasn't even born during the craze and still will watch it 5+ times a day.

but truly the same can be said of ariel, cinderella, tiana... like they are 30+ years old and my kids still FREAK to meet them. And I can't remember the last time they CHOSE to watch any of those movies. Encanto and Moana cemented themselves into Disney history and they've proven they can contend with the heavy hitters. My family is still LIVING in the Frozen Era and my youngest is 18 months, she wasn't even born during the craze and still will watch it 5+ times a day.
Oh 100% agree they still like seeing everyone, but you also only get a small window in life when they are really into characters, I find it odd they can’t figure out a way to get these characters out sooner.

Oh 100% agree they still like seeing everyone, but you also only get a small window in life when they are really into characters, I find it odd they can’t figure out a way to get these characters out sooner.
shhhh!!! I'm still in that window and I can't fathom the day we are past characters 😭 I mean Mom will always hug Mickey but still...

It really does feel like at this point Disney will do everything with Figment except spend the money to make his ride actually good.
lol I love to think about how the big wigs reacted to the popcorn bucket. We happened to be in Disney the day it debuted and managed to get it the first day jus cause we actually love Figment and the lame ride lol, but when I looked around and saw 6 hour waits I was like wait... people actually like him like him?! I picture Disney being like uhh... so they like the popcorn buckets...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter